Last post by Laz
Today 12:06 AM
13 Replies, 677 Views

Old 11-16-2018, 08:11 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Nexon's SINoALICE Launches in 2019

Quote:
Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights for Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SINoALICE

Nexon will bring Snow White, Cinderella, The Nutcracker, The Three Little Pigs, Wonderland’s Alice and more to life with SINoALICE, the dark fantasy role-playing game (RPG) codeveloped by Square Enix and Pokelabo; and published for iPhone and Android by Nexon Korea Corporation, a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. The company announced today that Nexon reached a deal with Pokelabo that includes exclusive rights to globally distribute SINoALICE on mobile devices.

SINoALICE is a chilling retelling of classic fairy tale within an unsettling dark fantasy world inspired by the game’s creative director, Yoko Taro (NieR: Automata). The game follows several popular fairy tale heroes as they work together to navigate perilous lands, battle menacing enemies and solve mind-bending puzzles to resurrect the storytellers that created them.

More details about SINoALICE will be revealed in coming months, including pre-registration information, launch features and more.
Click on the Headline for a Character Teaser.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:11 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Old 11-16-2018, 08:12 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Old 11-16-2018, 09:17 AM   #4
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Looks like a bunch of other generic phone games. If the mirotransactions are not terrible it might be worth a try. Anime titties inspired old folklore is not that interesting a premise. Yoko Taro involvement is probably the main reason
to give a hoot.

Somebody is gonna make a great mobile RPG at some point that transcends it being "just a mobile game" I remain spectical till I see one.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:39 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I just liked the art so I did the article. Probably not something I'll play, but I thought it was interesting.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:00 PM   #6
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I just liked the art so I did the article. Probably not something I'll play, but I thought it was interesting.
I thought it was interesting because of the people and companys involved. Not so much the actual game. As more AAA publishers and devs poop out mobile games the more mobile games I expect to get some coverage here and elsewhere.

Sometimes mobile games are good. Unfortunately most are trash. Just because a game gets some criticism doesn't mean I am not glad you or someone else covered it.

Last edited by EL CABONG; 11-16-2018 at 12:22 PM..
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #7
LostToys
Evil Dead

The problem with mobile games is that they are just covered in stamina bloat. They have regular missions, limited time missions, limited time events, normal and limited banners, daily and limited quests, etc. So it becomes a slog trying to maximize your stamina while still feeling like you are doing something.

I often find that the games that are the most generous with stamina are the ones I stop playing the fastest because I use stamina recharges as means to limit how much I play. For example, in Fate/Grand Order I can play for 15 minutes and will have a stamina cool down for 4 hours. While other games, like Dragalia Lost, you have to be playing constantly because your stamina recoups so damned quickly and there is so much content to play at any given time.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:09 PM   #8
Terran
Evil Dead

You're covering a mobile game! The apocalypse is near...

Edit: It's cool to be able to read the Korean in the first video (I have no understanding of Mandarin or Kanji, sadly). You could learn to read Korean in a few days of study, it's that easy to sound out, and once you can do that you'll find a ton of English words/names phonetically transcribed right into the language.

This game's title, SINoALICE, would sound like this if pronounced as it is spelled in Korean:

She-No El-Lee-Suh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied

Last edited by Terran; 11-16-2018 at 09:38 PM..
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:13 PM   #9
Exodus
Evil Dead

yay another gacha game. relevant gaming news!
Old 11-17-2018, 06:40 PM   #10
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Nexon released a few pretty fun games at the end of the 90s into early 2000s. I liked Dark Ages back in '99. Sunk a lot of time into that mmo. Their name has a negative connotation to me now. Outside of the switch, I hate what mobile games have become. Endless miles of shallow trash.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sinoalice