Yesterday 08:27 PM
2,915 Replies, 393,417 Views

Old 11-26-2018, 05:17 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Read Dead Online beta early access begins Nov. 27th

Quote:
Red Dead Online Beta Early Access Begins Tomorrow, November 27

Now that everyone has had a chance over the past month to experience the story of Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang in Red Dead Redemption 2, it is almost time to begin the beta period for Red Dead Online. Early access to the Red Dead Online beta begins tomorrow on Tuesday, November 27, working up to full public access on Friday, November 30.

Built from the ground up for the latest hardware, Red Dead Online blends the classic multiplayer of the original Red Dead Redemption with the best of everything we have learned since then about creating deep multiplayer experiences. The result is something completely new and fun, and an experience that will continue to expand and evolve over time.

A Vibrant New World

With the gameplay of Red Dead Redemption 2 as its foundation, Red Dead Online transforms the vast and deeply detailed landscapes, cities, towns and habitats of Red Dead Redemption 2 into a new, living online world ready to be shared by multiple players. Create and customize your character, tailor your abilities to suit your play style and head out into a new frontier full of things to experience.

Explore the world solo or with friends. Form or join a Posse to ride with up to seven players; gather around the fire at your Camp; head out hunting or fishing; visit bustling towns; battle enemy gangs and attack their hideouts; hunt for treasure; take on missions and interact with familiar characters from across the five states; or fight against other outlaws in both spontaneous skirmishes and pitched set-piece battles; compete with other players or whole Posses in open world challenges and much more.

Beta Period and Access

The launch of the Red Dead Online Beta is the first step in what will be a continually expanding and dynamic world, and the beta period will allow us to deal with the inevitable turbulence of launching any online experience of this size and scale.

During this process, we will be looking to our dedicated community to help us report and fix problems, share ideas, and assist in shaping the future of the full Online experience. As with all of our releases, we will strive to make the launch of Red Dead Online the best it can possibly be, and we ask that the community share that spirit with us over the next weeks and months.

To help us ease into the beta and to mitigate major issues, we will begin the early access period starting Tuesday, November 27 at 8:30am EST, and gradually scale the player base up to full access beginning on Friday, November 30. This will help ensure that our servers can handle a steadily growing volume of concurrent players in the early hours and first days of the Beta and hopefully reduce the likelihood of any server crashes during the launch week as we get things up and running. Full rollout details are as follows:

Tuesday, November 27th: All Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition owners. Please note, players who purchased the physical Ultimate Edition must redeem the Ultimate Edition code in the packaging to be eligible.

Wednesday, November 28th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th according to our data.

Thursday, November 29th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th to October 29th according to our data.

Friday, November 30th: All players who own Red Dead Redemption 2.

The Red Dead Online Beta will be available to anyone who owns Red Dead Redemption 2 on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One starting Friday, November 30. When booting up Red Dead Redemption 2 and arriving to the title menu, you will see an option in the top right of the screen to select Online.

Stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire tomorrow for more details about Red Dead Online modes, gameplay and more.
rockstargames.com
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:14 PM   #2
Primus
Valar Morghulis

So fucking stoked for this.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:07 AM   #3
Paranoia
Evil Dead

Shit, and i'm only 40% in.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:00 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

A leak of the multiplayer modes doesn't sound all that interesting. Let's hope this doesn't turn into another GTA gank-fest where people just wander around and randomly kill each other.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:34 AM   #5
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
A leak of the multiplayer modes doesn't sound all that interesting. Let's hope this doesn't turn into another GTA gank-fest where people just wander around and randomly kill each other.
As opposed to? No matter what activities they put in, it isn't going to be some Fable-esque situation where you can find some NPC, start a family, then have a kid to unlock Horde mode, where you go down guns blazing as federal agents backed by the US Army come to take your homestead.

Every virtual environment turns into a gank fest on a long enough time scale.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:11 AM   #6
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
Every virtual environment turns into a gank fest on a long enough time scale.
Said time scale is measured in hours...
Old 11-27-2018, 10:36 AM   #7
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

As long as it sucks less than Fallout 76.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #8
timmyd
Evil Dead

Hopefully the control clunkiness will be improved. Too many times instead of dropping the cigarette I accidently stuff it in my satchel and it lights off all the dynamite ....

J/k, the control scheme is only a little clunky resulting in me choking the lady I was saving instead of getting on my horse.
timmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:24 PM   #9
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyd View Post
J/k, the control scheme is only a little clunky resulting in me choking the lady I was saving instead of getting on my horse.
I've done exactly this; my intention was to mount the horse, only the lady was too close and I ended up throttling her. Oops!
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:34 PM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
I've done exactly this; my intention was to mount the horse, only the lady was too close and I ended up throttling her. Oops!
I got a negative on a random stranger after rescuing her and when I went to cut her free, it acted like I attacked her. I agree the one button for everything doesn’t work that well.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:03 AM   #11
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Who got in? I played the first day, so it opened up for me today. I created my character and went to the train station and I haven't done much else.

The controls start out even worse than the base game. You can't even aim without firing at first.

I did kill the first person I saw so that I could have a different hat. Ha!

I'm not sure how you find or team up with other players. I'm AgentRed on PSN if you want to add me to your list, just mention you are from EvAv.

I'll be playing a lot on Friday / Saturday & Sunday.

I have Fright nights off right now, we should bring back the Fright Night Fights. We run a poll on Monday - Wednesday to pick the game, then play after 5 PM on Friday night. Good idea? We could start with Red Dead since most people have it, but I'm not locked into any one title.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:54 AM   #12
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I did kill the first person I saw so that I could have a different hat..
I love how sociopathic this is.
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:47 AM   #13
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

I wonder if there will be a stock market that wont ever be implemented.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:58 AM   #14
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

People are flipping out over the cost of things in the online experience and the impending microtransaction gold rush.

Given they probably want this experience to last five years and have an economy that is resilient to botters, I am guessing the complainers are missing the point of ranking up and earning in the game; they shouldn't be the point of the experience but an aspect of the gameplay.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:32 AM   #15
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I heard that a lot like GTA Online, there isn’t much here to do except wander around and kill the other players. I decided to go back to the single player game and wait it out to see if they add any content to this to make it worth playing down the road.

I’m also curious to see if they put all their development time into Red Dead Online or if they will come out with a single player expansion pack like Undead Nightmare. I’m up for more Bigfoot killing!

I missed a quest last night where some dude thought he was a werewolf, I didn’t want to stop because I had a legendary animal skin with me and I knew that if I died it would disappear.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:18 AM   #16
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

I had some fun with the mode last Tuesday; got through the opening "story", did a stranger mission, and took out a gang camp. When I came back to it last Friday evening, I spent the entire time getting shot for having the audacity to ride my horse out of my camp. Or head towards town. Or look at a tree. Or walk past someone.

Until there's actually something to do, it's not worth the time.

Tags
red dead redemption 2