Liberals gone wild
Last post by Chief Smash
Yesterday 04:22 PM
4,804 Replies, 1,050,187 Views

Old 02-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Peter Moore Is Leaving EA & the Games Industry

Peter Moore is leaving Electronic Arts to become CEO of the Liverpool Football Club. IGN has the story.

Quote:
Peter Moore is leaving his role as Chief Competition Officer at Electronic Arts to become CEO of Liverpool Football Club.

The news first broke in a press release posted on Liverpool FC's website. Moore will take up his new role in June, and will be reporting directly to the club's owners.

"The 61-year-old is currently chief competition officer at Electronic Arts, based in the United States, and will move to Liverpool to join the club in the summer" read the release. "His nearly 10 years at EA have seen him in a number of leadership positions, including chief operating officer and president of EA SPORTS."

In an update on EA's website, CEO Andrew Wilson spoke of Moore's lifelong passion for the club.

"Passion is essential for all of us at Electronic Arts," wrote Wilson. "Itís what gets us up in the morning and drives us to do extraordinary things. And if youíve ever met Peter Moore, you know that he quite literally wears his passion for Liverpool FC on his sleeve. So itís with great excitement that we congratulate Peter on following his dream to become the next CEO of his beloved Liverpool Football Club."
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
Anemone
Evil Dead

What will you, or anyone, remember him for?

The dude is into soccer that much.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:58 PM   #3
DarkestHour00
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
What will you, or anyone, remember him for?
DarkestHour00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:07 PM   #4
koorb
Reaper

I will remember him as having the balls to extend everyone's XBox 360 warranty even though he knew that it would cost the company a lot of money. He did that to maintain credibility with gamers.

And I will remember him for charismatic E3 presentations.
koorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:07 PM   #5
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

That's a pretty awesome life.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:39 PM   #6
Terran
Evil Dead

Who is leaving what now? And why would I care? He gets no credit from me for the 360 RRoD debacle. They extended the warranty because THEY HAD TO or they were facing a gigantic clusterfark class action lawsuit as well as a complete lack of confidence on the part of consumers who didn't want to buy their melted space heater without a better warranty. Also, solving the licensing issues that resulted from switching boxes took over a year. They screwed the pooch and then ground it up in a meat grinder and fed it to grandma.

Credit? Hahahaha...that whole shitburger is the reason I left console gaming behind and play almost exclusively on PC now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:58 PM   #7
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Good riddance. He killed Sega and was in charge of a stagnant era at Xbox.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:34 AM   #8
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Good riddance. He killed Sega and was in charge of a stagnant era at Xbox.
The most amazing story in gaming history that no one talks about: Peter Moore and Sega. For those who don't know, Petey boy was made the President of Sega of America despite knowing somewhere between nothing and less than nothing about video games. As the top American, it was up to him to score a relationship with Electronic Arts, who wanted nothing to do with them after the failure of the Saturn and Sega having its own line of sports games. And did he? Nope! The result was the Dreamcast, a machine doomed to failure from the day it became known that the most important publisher in the world, certainly the most important in the West, had no interest.

Okay, so what's the big deal about that? Hold on, we're just getting started in the weird tale of Pete's twisting career. After the DC is cancelled, Peter Moore being the exec to make the call, Sega begins negotiations to sell to Microsoft--A company that buys everything. These talks fail, somehow, and instead Sammy purchases a percent to keep the maker's of the Genesis solvent. So what is the next step in Moore's career? Why, getting a job at Microsoft!

And then the story gets simply amazing. After a stint at MS, what was the man's next career stopping point? Electronic Arts. EA! The company that announced to the world in the pages of Next Generation that Sega could not succeed without them and thus no one should buy a Dreamcast, as it would be dead when the PS2 arrived, hired the man whose job it was to prevent that.

I can only imagine that come three years, Liverpool will announce Peter Moore leaving to head the football club that eliminated them from the playoffs or whatever soccer calls it. Someone check his bank account records, find out when he gets his company assassination bribes, I beg.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:45 AM   #9
Anemone
Evil Dead

There's the post I was hoping someone who had a bone to pick would make, thanks. Not a Sega fanboy so didn't know the dice by heart.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:08 PM   #10
Mephistopheles
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by koorb View Post
I will remember him as having the balls to extend everyone's XBox 360 warranty even though he knew that it would cost the company a lot of money.
That seems kinda like remembering someone for giving you a reach around after they pounded you in the arse when you what you thought you were paying for was oral.

Perhaps not the best way to be remembered.
Mephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:23 PM   #11
timmyd
Evil Dead

I'm never hiring a Peter M. unless I want that business to fail.
timmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:52 PM   #12
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Genesis solvent. So what is the next step in Moore's career? Why, getting a job at Microsoft!
To be fair he was the one who reached out to Microsoft way early on to use a version of Windows CE as the operating system for the Dreamcast. It's not like he was an unknown quantity with MS before tanking the DC.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:21 PM   #13
koorb
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
That seems kinda like remembering someone for giving you a reach around after they pounded you in the arse when you what you thought you were paying for was oral.

Perhaps not the best way to be remembered.
They fucked up, but they didn't have to extend the warranty. I always thought that is showed commitment to the customer.
koorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:44 PM   #14
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by koorb View Post
They fucked up, but they didn't have to extend the warranty. I always thought that is showed commitment to the customer.
While they weren't required to extend the warranty...they pretty much had to. With a 10% failure rate, their hands were tied; when one out of every 10 units was breaking, the future of the entire Xbox division was at stake.

Any response that wasn't, "We'll fix all of these for free" would have doomed the Xbox 360. We wouldn't even be talking about a Microsoft console at this point, in all likelihood.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:54 PM   #15
Anemone
Evil Dead

I never owned a 360, buggy hardware is not for me, but didn't Evil say he replaced his 360 like 7 times? And the average was like 3 times? That's insane. All so they could launch like 6 months early.

Tags
ea games, ea sports, electronic arts