Post something good you...
Last post by Chief Smash
Today 04:24 AM
83 Replies, 24,938 Views

Old 09-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Sam & Max Celebrate 25th Anniversary

To commemorate 25 years of the beloved Freelance Police duo, Telltale today announced special prices for all of its Sam & Max videogames. You can find the full list of sale prices after the break.

Quote:
Created by Steve Purcell, Sam & Max began their exploits in the indie comic book world with a daring adventure to the Philippines called "Monkeys Violating the Heavenly Temple" (drawn entirely without reference). After a series of follow-up comic books, the critically-acclaimed Sam & Max Hit the Road adventure game released in 1993. The dog and rabbity-thing duo moved to television in an award-winning animated series, an Eisner Award winning webcomic, and games for virtually every kind of gaming system. As for Steve Purcell, among many other ground-breaking projects, he has gone on to co-write and co-direct one of the top grossing films of 2012: Pixar/Disney’s “Brave.”

Telltale CEO Dan Connors said, “We’re very excited to celebrate Sam & Max’s anniversary. Steve Purcell created something unique, funny and enduring that continues to grab new fans every single year; now’s the perfect time for gamers to see what all the fuss is about and for current fans to complete their collections with these special offers.”

“Sam & Max have always had a happy home at Telltale”, said creator Steve Purcell. “They just “get” what Sam & Max is about and so these games are the perfect place to enter their world. It’s wonderful and gratifying that after 25 years, Sam & Max continue to make people happy and I’m excited that these offers provide gamers with an opportunity to play the marvelously inventive games that Telltale made. Here’s to another 25 years!”
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Special 25th Anniversary Offers:

Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft – Back to School Sale – Now through September 10, 2012

$10 (800 Microsoft®Points) for each individual season, which includes Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space and Sam & Max: Save the World

Steam – Weekend Deal – September 13th – 16th, 2012

$14.99 for the Sam & Max Complete Pack (includes all 3 seasons – Sam & Max: Save the World, Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space, and Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse).

Individual seasons – Sam & Max: Save the World, Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space will be available for $9.99 each and Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse will be available for $11.49.

App Store - iPhone and iPad – Now through October 1, 2012

$.99 for all individual episodes in the Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space season (Universal App).

PlayStation®Network (SCEA) – Now through October 2, 2012

$20 Bundle Offer for Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse and Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space, and $12.99 for each individual season.

PlayStation®Network (SCEE) – Summer Sale – Now through October 5, 2012

€12.99 for each individual season, which includes Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse and Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
Rommel
International Playboy

They could celebrate with Sam & Max: Hit the Road, free on iOS and Droid. It is how Wolf did it, and it isn't like the game isn't played for free via SCUMMVM constantly. I think it would be a nice way to attract a fanbase that, in all likelihood, wasn't alive when the initial title released.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

25 years and I have never played a single game. A dog with a suit and a bunny just don't get my attention.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
solinari6
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
They could celebrate with Sam & Max: Hit the Road, free on iOS and Droid. It is how Wolf did it, and it isn't like the game isn't played for free via SCUMMVM constantly. I think it would be a nice way to attract a fanbase that, in all likelihood, wasn't alive when the initial title released.
You know what, I disagree. I remember playing Sam & Max back in the day, and while it was funny as hell, you have to remember that was back in the hay day of adventure games. When companies were trying to out-do each other with the most fucked up solutions imaginable to puzzles. It was frustrating as hell, and I never finished it because I just had no friggin idea how to get past whatever I was stuck on. That's not something that's going to bring back people to the genre.

The new episodes are a lot more forgiving. From what I've played, the solutions for the most part make sense. And you know what, individual episodes are on sale for only $.99 on iOS. That's a great deal. Maybe it'd be a better idea to give away the first episode free, I dunno.
solinari6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
25 years and I have never played a single game. A dog with a suit and a bunny just don't get my attention.
You really don't know what you're missing; the comic books the games were based on rank among my all-time favorites. The writing, especially in Hit the Road is snappy, snarky and hilarious.

Sam & Max is a fantastic series.

Also, don't call Max a bunny. He's killed people for that.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
gzsfrk
Punch, brothers, punch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
If and only if you're a fan of adventure games, then it doesn't get much better than the original Sam & Max Hit the Road. Even if you're just someone who enjoys whimsical banter, slightly sadistic slapstick comedy, and just a touch of pitch black dark humor, then it might be worth putting up with the point'n'click adventure gameplay just so you can enjoy the dialog and story. (Or at the very least, pick a "Let's Play" series of the game off YouTube, sit back with a tub of popcorn, and enjoy.
gzsfrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sam & max, telltale