Last post by vallor
Yesterday 04:34 PM
12 Replies, 1,200 Views

Old 02-19-2017, 07:46 AM   #1
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Skyrim And Fallout 4 Still Have Millions Of Daily Players

Quote:
Bethesda Game Studios' latest titles, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011) and Fallout 4 (2015), each still have "millions" of daily players, game director Todd Howard told GameSpot in a new interview.

Skyrim's playerbase received a jolt of new interest thanks to last year's remaster, the Special Edition, while Fallout 4's new updates have kept players coming back, it seems.
Via GameSpot

I still love, and play both games!
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:03 AM   #2
GinRummy
Evil Dead

I started a new guy in F4 just yesterday (low intel build) and played about 6 hours. Got my original sniper one up to level 106 and have another (pistol) alt in the 60s. But I know people who've played through the game 6 or 8 times. And Skyrim, I did a second playthrough of that one too when the big patch came out last year.
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:08 AM   #3
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Got over 100 hours in both, but I can't see myself playing either game again for any reason. Once you've explored what's there the combat system is not rewarding enough to play again, the story doesn't change in any particular way beyond some bits in F4, and what's there to experience isn't that great anyway. Fun for going through once but never twice.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:13 AM   #4
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

I think they make some of the best exploration games ever.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
I think they make some of the best exploration games ever.
No doubt. I rarely play a non-MMO game for more than a dozen hours or two but Skyrim, even without mods, really sucked me in for hundreds of hours.

It's very refreshing when a game can do that. One of the reasons I'm sad there won't be an open world aspect to ME: Andromeda is because the lack of content definitely means there is a cap to how long it will get played.

With Skyrim I can pick it back up at any time and still have lots to do.

I haven't gone down the FO4 path yet because I think the way they did the season pass is pretty abusive, but when it comes down more in price I might take the plunge.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:07 AM   #6
Anenome
Autarchist

Both could be a good basis for a follow-on MMO, potentially. But it would distract those companies too much.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:12 PM   #7
Methos
Savior of Boleteria

Skyrim is one of the best "if you could only take 1 game on a desert island"-game there is. Pick a direction and start walking. Listen to music in the tavern. Read for hours about the world. You really can make your own kind of fun in a game that few do as well. Fallout 4. Played it once and finished the story, never booted it again. That game I felt was dumbed-down too much in the RPG part of the game; and post-apocalypse will always be brown.
Methos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:22 PM   #8
actusoul
Evil Dead

I still play Skyrim and I am amazed. I added some mods, especially the gore and battle animations. This game is a classic and is a great exploration game. You can literally do what you want and it works if you get into it. GREAT GAME. There is a reason people still play this game. In my opinion, its a masterpiece. I wish they would make a star wars game with the same depth and quality.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:49 PM   #9
Terran
Evil Dead

Skyrim is a masterpiece, made all the better on the PC with the addition of masterful mods of all flavors for your particular taste. I also loved Oblivion and Morrowind; the entire series is amazing. So much depth, so much to do, so many directions to take and ways to play the game. Such a blast.

You MUST play Skyrim. I can think of very few games I would bother to say that about. Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption come to mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:35 AM   #10
zakatti
Knight

Have they fixed the key rebinding bug for the build mode in FO4 yet? It was absolutely horrible trying to play with 2 different keyboard setups that overlapped. Got so frustrated in it that I didn't even complete the game :P
zakatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:43 AM   #11
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Fallout 3 I enjoyed. 4 I just couldn't get more than a few hours in. Skyrim I just can't stand. I am jealous of everyone liking it, since in theory it seems great. I just can't seem to get into it. My son picked up the graphical update on the PS4 so maybe I will give it one last try.
shadow763 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:29 AM   #12
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakatti View Post
Have they fixed the key rebinding bug for the build mode in FO4 yet? It was absolutely horrible trying to play with 2 different keyboard setups that overlapped. Got so frustrated in it that I didn't even complete the game :P
They fixed it a while ago. My movement key setup is EDSF (not the typical WASD) and at release the E key was permanently fixed to placing items in build mode forcing me to strafe left and right to move around which made the whole thing a huge pain in the ass. One of the subsequent patches that issue went away.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:03 AM   #13
Azrael
Evil Dead

I came to Skyrim so late, like 3-4 years late... Loved it and has 2nd most hours played of any of my steam games.

Fallout 4 is one of my favourite games of recent memory. I simply cant wait to get my second playthrough on. Gonna replay it from start to finish including all DLC this time and pumped for it.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:29 AM   #14
GinRummy
Evil Dead

There are so many choices to make, some of them toss ups of which are better (for you or for others or both) that a replay making all different decisions is fun. Plus, I first played before any DLC was out and now you can do it as you level before the end.
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #15
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

I absolutely loved Fallout 4; it's not only one of my favorite games, but it's one I was able to consistently pour hours into without growing bored...and by the time I started to feel like I had seen pretty much everything there was to see, the DLC started flowing in. I felt like the season pass had great value...but, I also bought it when it was still $30.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if its a game I'd leap into again anytime soon...but, not because of the game. I'd be afraid I'd end up ultimately traveling down the same developmental path and essentially rebuilding the character I had during my first play-through. I'd have to make a conscious effort to work towards an entirely different build.

Still, it's easily amongst my favorite games.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:51 PM   #16
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
They fixed it a while ago. My movement key setup is EDSF (not the typical WASD) and at release the E key was permanently fixed to placing items in build mode forcing me to strafe left and right to move around which made the whole thing a huge pain in the ass. One of the subsequent patches that issue went away.
EDSF?

What the fuck are you, stupid?
Old 02-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #17
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
EDSF?

No, he's just S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:43 PM   #18
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
No, he's just S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
My God, win much?
Old 02-20-2017, 10:52 PM   #19
timmyd
Evil Dead

Quote:
EDSF?

You know gaming existed before your opinions?
timmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:55 PM   #20
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
EDSF?

ESDF was one of my open-secrets to doing high-level wow tanking, gave you extra key range and options, and you can rest index on the F key without looking due to the dot.

Later I modified it to EWDF instead as that is more comfortable.

Tags
bethesda, fallout 4, skyrim