9 Replies, 2,904 Views
» Promotion

Old 04-11-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Gear System Detailed in Latest Injustice 2 Trailer

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Quote:
With every clash comes change and the opportunity for evolution. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today released a new Injustice 2 trailer outlining the Gear System that brings a new level of depth to the game, allowing players to evolve their play style and achieve their goals. Gear will open up vast possibilities for personalisation by enabling combatants of all levels to build and power up the ultimate version of their favourite DC characters to fit their fighting style.

In development by the award-winning NetherRealm Studios, Injustice 2 features a massive roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains and allows players to build and power up the ultimate version of their favourite DC characters. The game will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in the UK on the 19th of May 2017.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:47 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #3
Blog
Evil Dead

I don't know about this. It's a super hero fighting game. I don't want to put that much thought and effort into beating the crap out of the Justice League. I just want to fire the game up and start beating the shit out of comic book characters. I don't want to grind just to unlock moves for all the fighters.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:17 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Something about the art on this title just doesn't appeal to me. Too much chrome & plastic on top of muted colors just doesn't look right.

The models also seem terribly generic.

I think this will be another one we end up getting for free from PS+ next year.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:25 AM   #5
Scherge
Voice of Reason

To complete the trifecta of negative comments, I'll add that I just can't get into the fighting style in NetherRealm games. I do think that the gear system could be a great addition, as it gives solo players something to do and work towards. I hate the challenge stuff that fighting games (especially from NetherRealm) usually squeeze in to pad the overall play time, and this could be a welcome change...

Note the "could"s, though.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:31 PM   #6
RocketMagnet
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog View Post
I don't know about this. It's a super hero fighting game. I don't want to put that much thought and effort into beating the crap out of the Justice League. I just want to fire the game up and start beating the shit out of comic book characters. I don't want to grind just to unlock moves for all the fighters.
You probably wont have to I'd be very surprised if they don't include Microtransactions so you can "evolve your play style to achieve your goals" quicker.

Yeah I'm being cynical and I don't know for sure but that looks like a classic design to facilitate Microtransactions to me, however its not just cosmetic so if you can its P2W. Perhaps I'm just jaded with the gaming industry these days who deliberately add horrendous grinds (designing game elements to be deliberately not fun) so they can try and bore more money out of you.
RocketMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
injustice 2