Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Star Wars Battlefront 2...
Last post by brandonjclark
Today 05:13 PM
8 Replies, 618 Views
Netflix's The Punisher...
Last post by Dag-Sabot
Today 05:03 PM
14 Replies, 1,226 Views
Absolver - Friends &...
Last post by Terran
Today 03:58 PM
5 Replies, 825 Views
Project CARS 2 Your...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 03:18 PM
1 Replies, 100 Views
Marvel vs. Capcom...
Last post by Misanthropist
Today 12:52 PM
9 Replies, 873 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by HerrLogi
Today 11:09 AM
7 Replies, 843 Views
Gamer's Shopping Guide,...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 10:48 AM
1 Replies, 1,892 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by Blog
Today 06:24 AM
9 Replies, 807 Views
» Promotion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2017, 07:10 AM   #21
Jotoco
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Campo Grande, MS - Brazil
Posts: 1,715
Give me Nintendo's own library (Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby, etc), Rock'n Roll Racing and Chrono Trigger and I'm a happy customer.
Jotoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:55 AM   #22
31 Flavas
Baskin-Robbins
 
31 Flavas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
An all-Nintendo release would still include some amazing titles, obviously, Zelda and Metroid for instance, until the machine is discontinued by that same Virtual Console-pushing prick in accounting. Fuck that guy.
You know, I think instinct / an instinctual opinion is a good thing to have. But, it can fail quite often enough. Or it can't see or misses the forests for the trees. I mean, all of the competitors to Nintendo's handhelds were all superior tech wise. They all underperformed relative to what instinct says. And that's just one example. However, the interesting part of your quote to me, the reason why I'm talking about "instinct" here -- is that you and other critics are, well, being critical of Nintendo for dropping the NES Classic Edition. To me, at least, seemingly instinctually positing that some accounting prick or bean pusher or future profit motivations from VC re-release are clearly the reasons why.

I don't claim to have a crystal ball and know why Nintendo killed the NES Classic edition -- I'm not even necessarily claiming that the instinctually based responses I'm seeing are wrong.

However, if it is just some accounting dude being a prick -- Why push out the SNES classic edition? Launching a VC on the Switch seems like it would involve less work then manufacturing physical mini-replica SNES. I don't think said accounting prick would be ok with a SNES classic edition after he just killed the NES classic edition on an actuarial decision of "We'll make more money on the VC instead of having this neat novelty item."

Besides didn't you say this regarding the NES Classic edition itself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Useless pos
I'm curious what you meant by that.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
[The DS] was a huge success because it had basically zero competition.

Last edited by 31 Flavas; 04-20-2017 at 08:15 AM..
31 Flavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:24 AM   #23
Scherge
Voice of Reason
 
Scherge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Flavas View Post
However, if it is just some accounting dude being a prick -- Why push out the SNES classic edition?
I just want to mention again that the only source claiming there'll be a SNES Mini by Christmas is this really crappy Eurogamer article. That doesn't mean it's wrong, but without confirmation or even a comment by Nintendo, we could just as well assume that the machine will never come (mostly for the reasons Rommel listed).

That said, I think there's a market for these things, and it's not necessarily identical to the market for VC games. As anecdotal evidence, neither me nor anyone in my family would pay for a digital NES game (and probably not a SNES game either), but we quite enjoyed fiddling around with the NES Mini, and I would totally buy a SNES Mini. You'll also find some old Game-and-Watches if you dig around in our cupboards. It's the novelty-meets-nostalgia effect that motivates people like us to spend money, rather than the included games themselves.

Also: Why is everyone so sure Nintendo won't find a way to include the SNES Mini in their digital strategy and sell additional games for the tiny machine via an elaborate account system (or using friend codes, you never know)?
__________________
“Ich bin der Geist der stets verneint!” - Me(phistopheles)
Scherge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:59 AM   #24
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
An all-Nintendo release would still include some amazing titles, obviously, Zelda and Metroid for instance, until the machine is discontinued by that same Virtual Console-pushing prick in accounting. Fuck that guy.
I don't think the future VC sales on the Switch have anything to do with the NES Classic being discontinued. I don't think it'll have any affect on the rumored SNES version, either.

See, the selling point of any VC titles on the Switch would be the simple fact that the device is wholly portable...where these NES and SNES devices simply aren't. Sure, people will buy these mini versions for the nostalgia and novelty...but most folks will ultimately opt for the version that is playable on their TV and on the go, all on one device. Hell, most of 'em might even double dip.

The NES Classic was merely a stopgap novelty item, I think.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:08 AM   #25
Rommel
International Playboy
 
Rommel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Flavas View Post
You know, I think instinct / an instinctual opinion is a good thing to have. But, it can fail quite often enough. Or it can't see or misses the forests for the trees.
Don't try to sound smart, you're not. The above quote is nonsense.

Quote:
I mean, all of the competitors to Nintendo's handhelds were all superior tech wise. They all underperformed relative to what instinct says. And that's just one example.
Here the writer has graduated to question dodging, which in this case may be better called "Subject dodging." We're discussing a rumored SNES Mini, yet Mr. Flavas begs to utilize historical handheld data. A topic that Nintendo isn't, in fact, even winning, unless you want to make the outlandish claim cell phones are not portable gaming systems.

Quote:
However, the interesting part of your quote to me, the reason why I'm talking about "instinct" here -- is that you and other critics are, well, being critical of Nintendo for dropping the NES Classic Edition.
We're critical of the action because it disappointed many who wanted the device and the action was in direct opposition to the company's statement that this exact scenario was not occurring.

Quote:
To me, at least, seemingly instinctually positing that some accounting prick or bean pusher or future profit motivations from VC re-release are clearly the reasons why.
Using my decades of experience as a video game enthusiast and a decade of working in the toy industry to infer underling motivations is not "instinctually positing," sic. And guess what? Forbes, an organization with some business and money analytic experience, offered similar conjecture on the subject.

Quote:
I don't claim to have a crystal ball and know why Nintendo killed the NES Classic edition -- I'm not even necessarily claiming that the instinctually based responses I'm seeing are wrong.

However, if it is just some accounting dude being a prick -- Why push out the SNES classic edition? Launching a VC on the Switch seems like it would involve less work then manufacturing physical mini-replica SNES. I don't think said accounting prick would be ok with a SNES classic edition after he just killed the NES classic edition on an actuarial decision of "We'll make more money on the VC instead of having this neat novelty item."
Since I'm known as a kind, charitable individual and since you're dumb as toast, I elect to explain that you can proudly announce to your family, whom I assume are goldfish, that you learned something this year. I make jokes on the internet. Shocking, I know! Wake the kids for that tidbit. I don't think there is, in fact, an actual man named Salzman in accounting who struck down the NES Mini so he only needed to maintain a single spreadsheet. I do believe, this is the actual point I foolishly hoped you might understand so get ready, that Nintendo canceled the machine to allow for more profitable Virtual Console distribution of the nostalgic wares it is hawking. Speaking of hawks, in bird culture this is considered a "Dick move."

Quote:
Besides didn't you say this regarding the NES Classic edition itself?I'm curious what you meant by that.
I know I'm going to regret this but, what are you talking about?
__________________
Quotes in context.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context

Last edited by Rommel; 04-21-2017 at 12:24 AM..
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:18 AM   #26
31 Flavas
Baskin-Robbins
 
31 Flavas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,427
Woo whoo I enraged Rommel. Insults of intelligence. Let's have sex together again!
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
[The DS] was a huge success because it had basically zero competition.
31 Flavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:23 AM   #27
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Don't try to sound smart, you're not. The above quote is nonsense.


Here the writer has graduated to question dodging, which in this case may be better called "Subject dodging." We're discussing a rumored SNES Mini, yet Mr. Flavas begs to utilize historical handheld data. A topic that Nintendo isn't, in fact, even winning, unless you want to make the outlandish claim cell phones are not portable gaming systems.


We're critical of the action because it disappointed many who wanted the device and the action was in direct opposition to the company's statement that this exact scenario was not occurring.


Using my decades of experience as a video game enthusiast and a decade of working in the toy industry to infer underling motivations is not "instinctually positing," sic. And guess what? Forbes, an organization with some business and money analytic experience, offered similar conjecture on the subject.


Since I'm known as a kind, charitable individual and since you're dumb as toast, I elect to explain that you can proudly announce to your family, whom I assume are goldfish, that you learned something this year. I make jokes on the internet. Shocking, I know! Wake the kids for that tidbit. I don't think there is, in fact, an actual man named Salzman in accounting who struck down the NES Mini so he only needed to maintain a single spreadsheet. I do believe, this is the actual point I foolishly hoped you might understand so get ready, that Nintendo canceled the machine to allow for more profitable Virtual Console distribution of the nostalgic wares it is hawking. Speaking of hawks, in bird culture this is considered a "Dick move."


I know I'm going to regret this but, what are you talking about?
I know I'm going to regret this, but let me untangle this web of shit spun by the Rocky Horror Picture Show's version of Michael Pachter's dumb brother. I can't let you dog on my dawg, flava.

Don't try to sound smart, you're not. The above quotes are nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
We're critical of the action because it disappointed many who wanted the device and the action was in direct opposition to the company's statement that this exact scenario was not occurring.
I won't even get into the fact that you're the least interested person maybe on the planet in the product by your own admission, so any "outrage" you express at the discontinuation of this product is horseshit.

Nintendo is a large business, and things change all the time. They may have initially planned to continue the product (a product that was most likely meant to be a small-run novelty) but even weeks later may have found business reasons to discontinue it. Part of it could be the the constant pounding in the ass they took daily for not meeting demand. It's quite feasible they couldn't keep up with demand because they didn't intend for demand to be so high to begin with and weren't equipped for it from a manufacturing standpoint or a resources standpoint.

Okay, i'll get into the fact that you're the least interested person maybe on the planet in the product by your own admission, so any "outrage" you express at the discontinuation of this product is horseshit. Here you are, "angered and critical" of the discontinuation of a product YOU claimed just weeks ago was an absolute useless pile of shit. Why are you on this thread? Are you "championing" for everyone who actually does care? You are a charitable individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Since I'm known as a kind, charitable individual and since you're dumb as toast, I elect to explain that you can proudly announce to your family, whom I assume are goldfish, that you learned something this year. I make jokes on the internet. Shocking, I know! Wake the kids for that tidbit. I don't think there is, in fact, an actual man named Salzman in accounting who struck down the NES Mini so he only needed to maintain a single spreadsheet. I do believe, this is the actual point I foolishly hoped you might understand so get ready, that Nintendo canceled the machine to allow for more profitable Virtual Console distribution of the nostalgic wares it is hawking. Speaking of hawks, in bird culture this is considered a "Dick move."
But this is the part that really gets me. It's the same reason you and a few others are unable to comprehend any success coming from the Switch. In the same way the Switch is not meant to compete with a PC, an Xbone or the PS4 (it's strength and it's value are in it's complete mobility) the same basic principal applies here as to why it's completely stupid to think a NES Mini is going to cannibalize VC sales. It's got a fucking 3ft cord, remember? You're tethered 3ft away from your TV. If I have a Switch (IE mobility is important to me) why the hell would an NES emulator with 30 games canalize whatever I'm buying on the Switch VC? Taking Metroid on the go with me vs being stuck within a 3ft range of my TV is night and day. Even if I had the mini as a novelty (a gag gift), it would have zero bearing on my VC purchasing decisions with the Switch. We're also talking about 30 NES games. Which will no doubt be a drop of a bucket in the Switch VC library over time, and not even very likely to be their biggest VC draw.

So you were critical at the very idea of Nintendo peddling an overpriced NES emulator and now you're outraged they're discontinuing it.

I think you have no clue why Nintendo discontinued the mini and your "criticism" and "outrage" is a load of bullshit. The fact that you're faking outrage already implies that you have little objectivity in your theory because you must be pretending for a reason.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:41 AM   #28
BeachGaara
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,100
Could be amazing. could be utter buttz.

If the lineup is what it could be (ie legendary) then I'll try to get one. If it's no I won't.
BeachGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nes classic edition, nintendo, snes mini

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:28 PM.