2 Replies, 735 Views
» Promotion

Old 04-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Nintendo Switch US Sales Hit 906k In March, New Zelda Up To 1.3M Sold [Updated]

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:
The Nintendo Switch sold more than 906,000 units in the US during March, its launch month, Nintendo announced today. In a news release, Nintendo reiterated that the Switch, a hybrid system that works at home and on the go, is the fastest-selling console in Nintendo's history. It's also "one of the fastest-selling video game systems of all time" for any company, Nintendo said.

The company also pointed out that March is a "nontraditional month" for a new console release. New consoles, from Nintendo and others, are historically released in the immediate lead-up to the holidays.

Nintendo also said today that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has sold 1.3 million units; more 925,000 were sold on Switch and almost 460,000 on Wii U. These numbers combine physical and digital sales, and only represent figures for the US.

"That means that Nintendo sold more of this game [Breath of the Wild] for Nintendo Switch than it sold Nintendo Switch systems, for an attach rate of more than 100 percent," Nintendo said. "This may be attributed to people who purchased both a limited edition of the game to collect and a second version to play."
Shacknews: Nintendo Switch Sells 2.4 Million Units in First Month, Research Firm Says
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #2
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Does that mean that the people who stated that it'll never sell will now return here to, whilst eating pie, be humble stating that they 'were wrong'?

Give something a chance. Will buy second hand once more games arrive.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #3
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

As soon as it hits the 1.5 million sales mark, they will discontinue it, just like they just did with NES Classic Edition. You win, scalpers! So much for getting one for my son's 6th birthday next month!

The new Nintendo: hates making money, loves scalpers, full of stupid ass ideas. Hurry up and die already.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:36 PM   #4
screwyluie
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
As soon as it hits the 1.5 million sales mark, they will discontinue it, just like they just did with NES Classic Edition.
they have already sold 1.5m units

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
Does that mean that the people who stated that it'll never sell will now return here to, whilst eating pie, be humble stating that they 'were wrong'?
hahahahaha, not a chance. They'll just deflect, trying to make something else more in their favor the focus of discussion.
screwyluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:11 PM   #5
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:

There's a sucker born every minute.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:05 AM   #6
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Who said it wouldn't sell?
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:57 AM   #7
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Lots of people... who then vanish.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:29 PM   #8
TafJaf
Subscriber

Superdata is claiming 2.5 mil at the moment. I just glad the player base is there to get 3rd party involved more.
TafJaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:01 PM   #9
Clancy
Soul Reaper

Quote:

It just goes to show you, how a good game can sell crappy hardware.
Clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:20 PM   #10
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

I'm just amazed that anyone is willing to pay the cost of a PS4 or Xbox on an underpowered hybrid tablet without including even the most basic of tablet apps like netflix. Completely blows my mind.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:57 PM   #11
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Shacknews: Nintendo Switch Sells 2.4 Million Units in First Month, Research Firm Says

Quote:
We knew the Nintendo Switch was off to a good start, based on U.S. sales numbers from March NPD numbers, but now it appear that the young upstart console has broken Nintendo's expectations with more than 2.4 million units sold worldwide.

The figure, courtesy of research firm SuperData, tops Nintendo's projection of about 2 million units for the month. Because of the fast start, SuperData said that it is revising its projected sales figures for 2017 to 7.2 million units sold, up from 5 million.

While SuperData's 2.4 million number is an estimate, the firm notes that it collaborated with market researcher Gfk and the Japanese gaming publication Famitsu to help validate the estimate.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:57 PM   #12
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:

When the sales figures are in over a period of time greater than a month, maybe. Read this as your homework and come back to me. The Switch's first month in the U.S. was less successful than the PS4's first two days. So to answer your infantile question, no one is saying anything based on these news story.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:46 PM   #13
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

"So to answer your infantile question"

That's not a nice thing to say. Plenty of people stated that it would fail. I'm just a bit tired of that stuff. The Switch can hardly be called a flop.

I apologise if my post came across as infantile. I'll think twice before posting such things again.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #14
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

word

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
There's a sucker born every minute.
Yeah, I know, which is why I'm not buying brand new.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:51 PM   #15
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
That's not a nice thing to say.
No shit, Sherlock. You a motherfucking detective? Shiiiiii--

Quote:
Plenty of people stated that it would fail. I'm just a bit tired of that stuff.
It may still fail. There is still plenty of time to make predictions as well as to analyze the data as it comes out. And I am sorry you are tired of such things but that's what people do on a discussion forum: Discuss. Go find yourself an echo chamber to shout into. You're such a fan you haven't even bought on yourself.

Quote:
The Switch can hardly be called a flop.
Did you read your homework? I gave you homework and you are expected to read it. The Switch has done better than the WiiU by half. Whoopiemathfuckin'do!

Quote:
I apologies if my post came across as infantile. I'll think twice before posting such things again.
You should apologize. I'm only glad you learned a lesson.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:57 PM   #16
Pumped'Up
Evil Dead

There are a few switches at my local Walmart. Unsold, so sad!
Pumped'Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:25 AM   #17
31 Flavas
Baskin-Robbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
The Switch's first month in the U.S. was less successful than the PS4's first two days. So to answer your infantile question, no one is saying anything based on these news story.
Did you know this? I was shocked. Absolutely shocked to discover it. The PSVita, in Japan, has out sold the PS4 in actual physical hardware sales by 1 million and in software by 4 million units. Not shipped vs sold.

Of course, the 3DS obliterates both. The 3DS hardware outsells the Vita 4:1 and almost 5:1 vs the PS4. Pretty much the same software wise. The 4.5 million PS4 system sales in Japan make up just 8% of global system sales. And the xBone's 78k LTD is 0.0025% (a quarter of 1%) of global system sales.

It's entirely suddenly clear to me why Nintendo designed their next console (The Nintendo Swiitch) to be a portable handheld. -- There is absolutely no market for *any* console system in Japan. Period.
[The DS] was a huge success because it had basically zero competition.
31 Flavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:54 AM   #18
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
No shit, Sherlock. You a motherfucking detective? Shiiiiii--

It may still fail. There is still plenty of time to make predictions as well as to analyze the data as it comes out. And I am sorry you are tired of such things but that's what people do on a discussion forum: Discuss. Go find yourself an echo chamber to shout into. You're such a fan you haven't even bought on yourself.

Did you read your homework? I gave you homework and you are expected to read it. The Switch has done better than the WiiU by half. Whoopiemathfuckin'do!

You should apologize. I'm only glad you learned a lesson.

Ah. You're one of those. At some point you could actually be nice to people. I'll just add you to the ignore list as that's the best thing to do.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:05 AM   #19
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Actually I'm tired of people being crappy to each other on the net, throwing around silly little insults (You said infantile yet you're acting that way). Not all conversations have to result in name calling as a discussion can be civilised.

Why is every single forum, pretty much, filled with people that just want to be horrible? It's never, ever changed since the damn usenet days and probably never will.

Please now stop. Don't descend into being a bully!

(P.s. The last Nintendo machine I owned was an N64 so I have no special love for Nintendo, or any of them. Picking a side is just pointless).
Old 04-17-2017, 06:24 AM   #20
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Actually I'm tired of people being crappy to each other on the net, throwing around silly little insults (You said infantile yet you're acting that way). Not all conversations have to result in name calling as a discussion can be civilised.

Why is every single forum, pretty much, filled with people that just want to be horrible? It's never, ever changed since the damn usenet days and probably never will.
My Grandmother used to tell me "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Unless you are posting to the internet, in which case knock yourself out."

Grandma was pretty hip.

The fact that you have been here since the Usenet was used for messaging (were you around for Fido?) tells me you have been around at least for a period of some years. And so you should know by now that people can and will say mean things. And that you don't have to read those mean things if you don't want to.

tl;dr: Welcome to the anonymous interweb.

Tags
nintendo, switch, zelda: breath of the wild