Ubisoft Releases Far Cry...
Last post by Lutheran
Yesterday 02:31 PM
115 Replies, 6,474 Views
» Promotion

Old 04-20-2017, 09:27 AM   #21
RocketMagnet
Evil Dead

EA are pretty high profile and did lead the charge to Microtransactions and $DLC on PC and with the some most egregious examples of FTP mechanics.. Dungeon Keeper Mobile for example that's why many gamers consider them gougers. I loved the Dead Space series and they couldn't keep their fucking grubby mitts off that series and ruined it by adding grind, yes the devs did sneak in a "cheat" for resources but its grind introduced solely to try and bore people into paying more money to avoid it.

I agree most companies gouge when they can get away with it, Nintendo seem to target Hardware as extra revenue and so far have been very careful wrt DLC and Microtransactions.. which for me is commendable. I suspect MiniSpectralThunder in some dim and distant past got up one xmas morning and got a Chinese generic console when all he wanted a Nintendo and cried for weeks and got bullied at school because of it... :'( Poor Spectral..

Nintendo seem to be at least trying to do DLC etc correctly.

Overall most companies try and get as much money as possible for as little as possible, just seems like EA were held up as exemplars of the most egregious examples of this... and none of it benefited their customers we tolerated it which is not good business long term.
RocketMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:27 PM   #22
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMagnet View Post
EA are pretty high profile and did lead the charge to Microtransactions and $DLC on PC and with the some most egregious examples of FTP mechanics.. Dungeon Keeper Mobile for example that's why many gamers consider them gougers. I loved the Dead Space series and they couldn't keep their fucking grubby mitts off that series and ruined it by adding grind, yes the devs did sneak in a "cheat" for resources but its grind introduced solely to try and bore people into paying more money to avoid it.

I agree most companies gouge when they can get away with it, Nintendo seem to target Hardware as extra revenue and so far have been very careful wrt DLC and Microtransactions.. which for me is commendable. I suspect MiniSpectralThunder in some dim and distant past got up one xmas morning and got a Chinese generic console when all he wanted a Nintendo and cried for weeks and got bullied at school because of it... :'( Poor Spectral..

Nintendo seem to be at least trying to do DLC etc correctly.

Overall most companies try and get as much money as possible for as little as possible, just seems like EA were held up as exemplars of the most egregious examples of this... and none of it benefited their customers we tolerated it which is not good business long term.
Naw after the NES I stuck with Sega for the most part, at the time, they didn't have the policy of censoring Arcade ports like Mortal Kombat and had the better sports titles in comparison, then I grew up and stopped getting a hardon for games aimed at children like Mario Bros and Donkey Kong, you can keep your shitty platformers, the industry has passed you by.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:16 AM   #23
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Naw after the NES I stuck with Sega for the most part, at the time, they didn't have the policy of censoring Arcade ports like Mortal Kombat and had the better sports titles in comparison, then I grew up and stopped getting a hardon for games aimed at children like Mario Bros and Donkey Kong, you can keep your shitty platformers, the industry has passed you by.
Eventually, you may realize that it's possible to enjoy multiple genres from multiple developers on multiple platforms. It is, in fact, possible to enjoy something like Super Mario Galaxy and DOOM, even if they're played within the same day!

Tags
dice, ea games, star wars, star wars battlefront ii