8 Replies, 723 Views
The Dark Pictures...
Last post by ElektroDragon
Yesterday 09:17 AM
4 Replies, 532 Views

Old 06-16-2019, 10:13 AM   #21
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

I will point out that this is one of the most diverse games I have ever played. These guys REALLY didn't want to get dinged by the SJW crowd and it shows.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:18 AM   #22
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Yea, I still find it majorly annoying to go up to an area in-game that they specifically made a huge deal about sending my character to check out only to have a big red X saying you canít access it without the Year 1 DLC.

It wonít stop me from buying the game or playing it, but itís really a shitty thing to do to your customers who just paid $40 - $60 for your game.
I didn't get the Year One pass because it didn't sound worth it. It was only a handful of new missions and that's it. However, the fact that the put a big blue indicator on the map for the $DLC missions is kind of irritating. Basically a carrot to pay the extra $$$. No thanks, I'll wait until it drops in price (maybe).

Also, if anyone wants to group, I'm PacerDawn in game (duh).
Old 06-18-2019, 09:10 AM   #23
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I got a laugh yesterday, the free E3 weekend ended and my retail copy arrived, but I couldn't stop playing Days Gone because some of the story missions were so compelling I wanted to see what was going to happen next.

Man, I ran into some gigantic horde at the sawmill.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:17 PM   #24
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

The latest patch today unlocked the first of 3 new specializations, the Gunner, who apparently gets a mini-gun as their signature weapon:

You have to earn it through performing mundane tasks, unless you have the year 1 pass:

Quote:
While the three previous Specializations are automatically available to you when reaching level 30, to unlock Gunner you need to take on Special Field Research: five stages of in-game challenges, each with their own set of objectives and rewards. By completing all five stages, you will gain access to the Gunner Specialization and the newest signature weapon in the SHD arsenal.

If you have the Year 1 Pass, you will instantly unlock the Gunner Specialization. You can still take on the Special Field Research, but as you progress through the stages you will unlock additional, exclusive cosmetic rewards; the Fisticuffs and Front Flex emotes, Charcoal and Detritus gear dyes, Rosethorn and Pineapple weapon skins, the Gunner mask and the Gunner specialization uniform.
I say "earn it" because many of the tasks are bugged making it near impossible to get. I'm assuming that is to help push the pass.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:46 PM   #25
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
The latest patch today unlocked the first of 3 new specializations, the Gunner, who apparently gets a mini-gun as their signature weapon:

You have to earn it through performing mundane tasks, unless you have the year 1 pass:

I say "earn it" because many of the tasks are bugged making it near impossible to get. I'm assuming that is to help push the pass.
Patch released today to address the bugs. You can still do the mundane tasks even if you have the season pass.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:56 PM   #26
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
Patch released today to address the bugs. You can still do the mundane tasks even if you have the season pass.
Gaming companies spend nothing on QA these days. But how can we blame them? We literally incentivize it.

For example, they could spend a lot on QA and release a non-buggy patch. Gamers would be all like "Yay, non buggy!" and that's it. Gamers are happy, and the company has lower profits.

OR, they can release a half-ass QA patch, let players find the bugs, patch it when they complain, and all is forgiven. Same reward, but more profits.

Why would companies invest in QA if their customer base is willing to do it for them for free?

It's a pretty sweet business if you asked me.

Tags
the division 2