The Dark Pictures...
Last post by ElektroDragon
Yesterday 09:17 AM
4 Replies, 532 Views

Old 06-13-2019, 07:06 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The Division 2 Free Weekend

Like Fallout 76, Ubisoft is having a free demo of the full game of The Division 2 during E3. This is the full game and you can play from June 13th to June 16th. You can grab it from the PlayStation Store by searching for The Division 2 and then choosing "Demo" from the menu.

I've been meaning to buy this anyway, it will give me a good taste.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:34 AM   #2
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I enjoyed it, but I had problems getting into it as much as I did the first one.

It wasn't any single thing but little things like when I'd get to a main mission and it would match make me into a play mode that wasn't story mode by default so I didn't get story mode credit (which meant it didn't advance the plot), bounties which had timers and single failure conditions, a poor equipment curve and less cool gear dropping. I used the same sniper rifle for level 5 - 15.

Crafting was a little more fulfilling but getting materials was a more annoying.

Granted I didn't level all the way, I only played to the mid-late teens, but it got annoying enough I got apathetic and it got harder to log in and figure out what I wanted to do.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:38 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

It is still $34 on Amazon. I've been waiting for it to hit $20 or $25 before I buy. That's mostly the price range I buy games now unless it is a "Must Have" like DOOM or Days Gone.

I played SO much Days Gone last night. Love the winter scenes.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:53 AM   #4
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

It was a really good game. I enjoyed it.

It just didn't have enough meat to end-game for me, so It fizzled. I have a small group of friends I played with. Not enough to do raids together. I'll probably revisit it down the road, when they add more content.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:31 AM   #5
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
It was a really good game. I enjoyed it.

It just didn't have enough meat to end-game for me, so It fizzled. I have a small group of friends I played with. Not enough to do raids together. I'll probably revisit it down the road, when they add more content.
Yeah, same here. It's a trip, because when i hit level 30 and entered World Tier 1, I thought to myself "omfg this endgame is massive!!!!!". But you quickly realize that it's a lot of the same shit over and over and over and there is no real progression along the way. Which is a bummer, because I could run the same routes in Division 1 hour after hour without getting bored because I didn't feel gear capped after the first week. It's a well known situation, but there is pretty much only one way to play which is DPS all the way. Gear mods are useless because you sacrifice too much dps in order to meet the insane stat requirements for skill mods.

Don't get me wrong. Game of the year in my opinion, and I would be thrilled to play it from the start if I was new to the game. It just didn't have enough stuff to do once you get to the endgame.

So here I am, running another toon up to level 90 in PoE...
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:47 AM   #6
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Played a lot of the first one, but when I tried the beta of this one it all just felt too samey and boring.

I think for me a lot of it has to do with the setting, it's just so plain and we've seen it a million times. Get a new weapon? Oh it looks and plays exactly the same as the old one only the numbers are higher. What colour knee pads do you want? *yawn*.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:27 PM   #7
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

I'm still playing. I switched from xbox to PC. Working on a gear set right now. The real problem isn't how quickly you feel gear capped. The gear drop design makes it so you have to farm endlessly to get max stat rolls on the specific item you want. Just take a look at these:

Gear Attribute sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...6yEfL/pubhtml#

Max stat rolls items slot:
https://imgur.com/a/eO6IrWx

I've gotten to the point where i can solo the challenge mode missions. I still run it in a group as it's faster.

There's a significant difference in the various weapons handling characteristics. It just doesn't stand out until you get to points where you have to push your dps.

@Evil It's supposed to be on sale after this free weekend is over.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:05 PM   #8
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

https://imgur.com/ozvdEJi
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:47 AM   #9
BadIronTree
Subscriber

https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...e3&oe=5D831471
Old 06-14-2019, 06:37 AM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Played for like 6 hours yesterday. Had a blast. The walking to the missions is a bit of a chore for sure.

Saw some players wandering around the safe house who were just totally maxed out in everything.

I’m having a good time and I’m waiting to see what that sale price is after the free weekend. Amazon has this one for $35 right now, if it drops to $25 I’ll pick it up for sure to keep playing.

I should be getting Hellblade today or tomorrow. Kind of an impulse purchase for $25 from Best Buy with shipping that is so slow apparently some illegal is going to walk it across the border from Mexico on a donkey.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:46 AM   #11
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Played a lot of the first one, but when I tried the beta of this one it all just felt too samey and boring.

I think for me a lot of it has to do with the setting, it's just so plain and we've seen it a million times. Get a new weapon? Oh it looks and plays exactly the same as the old one only the numbers are higher. What colour knee pads do you want? *yawn*.
This explains this game for days. Also, the first one.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:47 AM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Looks like the sale price is $39. Amazon has it for $34, which is the cheapest price I could find. I was still hoping for something closer to $25.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:27 AM   #13
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Played for like 6 hours yesterday. Had a blast. The walking to the missions is a bit of a chore for sure.

Saw some players wandering around the safe house who were just totally maxed out in everything.

Iím having a good time and Iím waiting to see what that sale price is after the free weekend. Amazon has this one for $35 right now, if it drops to $25 Iíll pick it up for sure to keep playing.

I should be getting Hellblade today or tomorrow. Kind of an impulse purchase for $25 from Best Buy with shipping that is so slow apparently some illegal is going to walk it across the border from Mexico on a donkey.
After your first visit to the missions you can fast travel to them. Until you get to Invaded missions. There will be daily quests at max level to do various missions at hard or challenging difficulty. If a control point is friendly you can fast travel to them.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:03 PM   #14
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Played awhile last night when the error stopped happening. It's really fun.

Looks quite a bit better than the original and the realistic lighting option while playing in a dark room is phenomenonal.

I did a ink a lot of time into the original. I think I'm going to pick this one up.

The Division series is turning out to be a pretty good IP.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:26 PM   #15
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

This game is blowing over like a stale fart just like the first one.
The launch (div. 1) was rocky but successful just about everyone on my friends list was playing it for the first month. Then the monetization came and then they rearranged and nerfed then they added 2 or three different in-game economies and then they added paid dlc. Long story short, 3 months later the division was a ghost town.
This one is headed the same direction. Games as service do not work unless you provide compelling reasons to play not just compelling reasons to give the publisher money over and above the initial purchase price.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:18 AM   #16
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Pretty fun, but after 2 days you begin to see why we stopped playing. All the missions are really identical and all the bosses are just some dude who is a massive bullet sponge. There isn’t much variety here. As someone said above, all the gear looks the same/same, it’s just the stats that make the difference.

I would still buy and play through the single player campaign at a decent price, but I see right in the game they are locking stuff behind the Year 1 DLC paywall, so I suspect that it would be smart to just wait till the GotY edition drops to $25 and then give it a run through the single player campaign.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:59 PM   #17
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Pretty fun, but after 2 days you begin to see why we stopped playing. All the missions are really identical and all the bosses are just some dude who is a massive bullet sponge. There isnít much variety here. As someone said above, all the gear looks the same/same, itís just the stats that make the difference.

I would still buy and play through the single player campaign at a decent price, but I see right in the game they are locking stuff behind the Year 1 DLC paywall, so I suspect that it would be smart to just wait till the GotY edition drops to $25 and then give it a run through the single player campaign.
There's no dlc paywall. The year one pass only gets you access to stuff a week early. And new specializations are unlocked automatically instead of having to unlock them via a series of in game tasks.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:40 PM   #18
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
There's no dlc paywall. The year one pass only gets you access to stuff a week early. And new specializations are unlocked automatically instead of having to unlock them via a series of in game tasks.
It pointed out some kind of a Blue Star mission on the map and then said you needed the Year 1 pass to get it. That is what I was talking about.

I got $10 credit for pre-ordering Rage 2, so I decided to go ahead and buy!
Old 06-15-2019, 09:13 PM   #19
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
It pointed out some kind of a Blue Star mission on the map and then said you needed the Year 1 pass to get it. That is what I was talking about.

I got $10 credit for pre-ordering Rage 2, so I decided to go ahead and buy!
Tertiary story stuff that you can blow through in 10 minutes. It has little to no impact on end game and doesn't really explain anything relevant to the main story.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:31 AM   #20
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
Tertiary story stuff that you can blow through in 10 minutes. It has little to no impact on end game and doesn't really explain anything relevant to the main story.
Yea, I still find it majorly annoying to go up to an area in-game that they specifically made a huge deal about sending my character to check out only to have a big red X saying you canít access it without the Year 1 DLC.

It wonít stop me from buying the game or playing it, but itís really a shitty thing to do to your customers who just paid $40 - $60 for your game.

I got mine for $34, with $10 off from my Rage Pre-Order and $3.00 off from AmEx points so I ended up getting it for $27. Not a bad deal and right about what I wanted to pay. I also sold a bunch of comics on Facebook this week so I felt like I could splurge a little. (The rest of the comic book money Iím saving for hosting costs! Ha!)

Tags
the division 2