Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 06:43 PM
9 Replies, 1,527 Views

Old 04-17-2018, 10:56 PM   #21
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I don't feel sorry for him at all, he does this shit to himself, never mind how out of touch he is. It's not 1999 anymore, twitch shooters like Unreal Tournament aren't the "IN" thing anymore. Generic shooters on top of that even less so.
I’m sure I’ve said it before, but imagine you have unlimited budget and a publisher... and the first thing you go to is a generic looking online-only shooter?

WTF.

My “dream game” would hardly be just another first-person shooter. The least they could have done was give it some interesting characters and a unique art style. Battleborn was crap, but at least it tried to have an art style.

And you have to wonder just how creatively and morally bankrupt his employees have to be that at no time did anyone stand up to him and say, “You know, this plays like shit and it looks like nothing.” You don’t have to use those exact words, but at some point someone should have been letting them know that what they were doing just wasn’t working.

When your YouTube gamplay videos are only getting a sum total of 200 views, someone has to know that things are falling apart fast.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:06 AM   #22
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I’m sure I’ve said it before, but imagine you have unlimited budget and a publisher... and the first thing you go to is a generic looking online-only shooter?

WTF.

My “dream game” would hardly be just another first-person shooter. The least they could have done was give it some interesting characters and a unique art style. Battleborn was crap, but at least it tried to have an art style.

And you have to wonder just how creatively and morally bankrupt his employees have to be that at no time did anyone stand up to him and say, “You know, this plays like shit and it looks like nothing.” You don’t have to use those exact words, but at some point someone should have been letting them know that what they were doing just wasn’t working.

When your YouTube gamplay videos are only getting a sum total of 200 views, someone has to know that things are falling apart fast.
All of Design is answering questions. Problem solving. You start out with a big idea, and then it's nothing but an avalanche of question-answering micro-decisions until it's realized. Once you answer certain questions, it becomes very hard to see a different answer.

I think that it would be hard for Cliffy B to think outside of the way he's been thinking for years.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:13 AM   #23
Booda
Beam another Blast

CliffyB should have kept is beef with Epic off of the damn twitter. He is doing nothing but making himself look like a chump to his peers in the gaming industry.

And who the hell the wants to work for a guy that can't keep his ego (much less his mouth) in check.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:41 PM   #24
Booda
Beam another Blast

Radical Heights seems to be hemorrhaging players

Shocking, I know.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:46 PM   #25
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Yea, this game was doomed from the start. I have no idea why they would have put any time or effort into developing it. I still can't really grasp how CliffyB seems to have zero creativity. What happened to that guy? Did he just get rich and lazy or is it drugs/alcohol???

I look at my own writing and while my tastes have changed over time in what I write about, I'm still pushing out unique and creative ideas all the time. I don't lack for ideas just because I'm older, I just tend to gravitate toward things that aren't quite as "hip" any more. For example, I used to write about zombies all the time and that was super popular at the time, but now I mostly write horror/westerns.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:06 PM   #26
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I still can't really grasp how CliffyB seems to have zero creativity. What happened to that guy?
I'm starting to believe that CliffyB's true talent is being a carnival barker.

Old 04-28-2018, 02:22 PM   #27
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Like so many other gaming icons from the 1990s he was propped up by other more talented people. When forced to stand alone they don't have much to show.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #28
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
I'm calling it now. Boss Key Productions is shut down before the year's end.
Cliff Bleszinski’s Boss Key Productions shuts down after three years

Called it. Sorta... they still had about a six and a half month window left. Anyway, knowing that is not really saying much though considering my dog was pretty certain of the same thing.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:23 PM   #29
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
Cliff Bleszinski’s Boss Key Productions shuts down after three years

Called it. Sorta... they still had about a six and a half month window left. Anyway, knowing that is not really saying much though considering my dog was pretty certain of the same thing.
Now for the announcement that Cliffy B. has gone crawling back to Epic and is working on Gears of War 5, lol.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #30
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei-X View Post
Now for the announcement that Cliffy B. has gone crawling back to Epic and is working on Gears of War 5, lol.
Don’t bet on it considering that he was accusing Epic of staff poaching just a month ago. Good chance that mouth/ego of his burned that bridge.

Tags
boss key, radical heights