Last post by Scherge
Yesterday 08:44 AM
4 Replies, 650 Views

Old 10-02-2018, 04:58 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Fallout 76 Opening Movie and B.E.T.A. Dated

Quote:
Fallout 76 – Our Future Begins... Together in B.E.T.A!

Fallout 76 officially releases on November 14, but your first chance to experience the game can begin much earlier than that.

We’re excited to announce that our B.E.T.A. (Break-It Early Test Application) will arrive first on Xbox One on Tuesday, October 23, and one week later for PlayStation 4 and PC players on Tuesday, October 30.

During the B.E.T.A. one of our primary goals is to stress test and break the game. As such, the servers will not be running 24/7; instead, they’ll be online during targeted timeframes so we can get as many people as possible playing at the same time. Why? Because that’s the best way to put all our systems to the test and see how they respond.

On any given day the game might be up for anywhere between four to eight hours. Focusing as many players as we can into these windows is our prime objective. Then we’ll fix what we need to fix and do it again and again from the start of B.E.T.A. until a few days before launch. We’ll give you as much heads up as possible because we need you to log in during these times and play the game. We’ll also keep you posted through our official @Fallout and @bethesdastudios on Twitter as well as the Bethesda.net forums and our Bethesda.net Status Page to learn when servers will be online.

While the adventures you and your friends will experience will all be unique, you’ll start the same as everyone else: within the safe confines of Vault 76 on Reclamation Day. For the very first time, we’re excited to share how your journey will begin...

Read more about the B.E.T.A. here.
bethesda.net

Click on the Headline for the Video.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:58 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:20 PM   #3
Azzy
Cthulian

That was... uninspiring.
They really haven't progressed on the cut scene sales technique.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:27 PM   #4
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

This is going to be the first Fallout game I skip. Absolutely ZERO interest in an online only version of the game...
Old 10-02-2018, 09:33 PM   #5
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
That was... uninspiring.
They really haven't progressed on the cut scene sales technique.
Likely incapable considering they're still using the same shitty engine they've been using for about the last decade.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:05 AM   #6
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
This is going to be the first Fallout game I skip. Absolutely ZERO interest in an online only version of the game...
I could have gotten into co-op, but like you I have zero interest in full online. An Elite Dangerous type version where I could have a full private universe where I controlled my own instance and invites to that instance without needing a dedicated server (unlike ARK which requires said dedicated server) would be interesting or perhaps a dedicated server would be acceptable but not full online.

Also, wow, those assets are terrible. The look of the game was one of the biggest reasons I stayed away from Fallout 4 at launch. I am not paying $100+ for a game and season passes for a game that looks like it is a decade old. This game looks terrible, doesn't seem like it has a great hook (especially considering non-consensual PVP) and just... well bleh.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:58 AM   #7
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
Same. An online version misses the point of Fallout, I would say, and dilutes the final product.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:03 PM   #8
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

If I don't like the beta I am either cancelling my pre-order or selling my sold out Helmet edition for a profit. Stupid online garbage. They have ruined Fallout now. First Fallout 4 tries to be SimCity or some shit, and now this online only wannabe-MMO crap. Brian Fargo should have fought to retain the Fallout IP. We'd have such awesome Fallout games thanks to Kickstarter etc. now instead of this TRIPE.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:34 PM   #9
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
We'd have such awesome Fallout games thanks to Kickstarter etc. now instead of this TRIPE.
They did. It was called Wasteland 2 and was pretty damn good even if it wasn't exactly Fallout.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:43 PM   #10
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Wait, this is fully online only? I thought you could play it like a solo game.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:59 PM   #11
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
They did. It was called Wasteland 2 and was pretty damn good even if it wasn't exactly Fallout.
You mean the game I Kickstarted for a deluxe physical copy on PC, bought again on console, and never got to spend more than 30 minutes total playing?! I do recall it being rough around the edges.
They have a lot more money and funding now. It was their first Kickstarter. They could surely do a better job now. Oh well.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:28 PM   #12
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow763 View Post
Wait, this is fully online only? I thought you could play it like a solo game.
It is ONLINE ONLY though you can choose to play by yourself or "solo" just like you can play solo in World of Warcraft or any other game that has a shared world where you can't control the coming and going of other players in your environment.

You don't get to choose if they interact with you or not just if you interact with them. Which includes non-consensual PvP.

It sounds like they went with Fallout: ARK style based on their "softcore" survival and limited number of players per server. I suspect the only reason they don't have more than a few dozen people is because their engine would fall to pieces if they tried.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:10 PM   #13
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Having the ability to play solo in an Online only game means you are just going to have some people further behind than others.

Maybe the game will be fun, I don't know. But I doubt it.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:24 AM   #14
vivafletcher
Evil Dead

I'll pass. Hope Fallout 5 delivers down the road.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:41 AM   #15
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Bethesda is gating it behind their own shitty Bethesda.net "service" which pretty much kills any chance of success on PC. No mods, very few players long term. What's the point? I can't imagine the frustration for console players forcing themselves through these broken games without fans fixing it.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fallout 76