Yesterday 08:44 AM
4 Replies, 650 Views

Old 10-03-2018, 12:47 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Blizzard Reveals A Packed Blizzcon 2018 Schedule

Game Informer has the story.

Quote:
Blizzard has revealed the schedule for its upcoming Blizzcon 2018, and it's (unsurprisingly) jam-packed with nearly everything a fan could want. The two-day event is booked solid with panels, news, and esports event centered around the studio's big-name franchises.

Starting at 2:30 p.m. CDT on Friday, November 2, the event has a series of back-to-back panels discussing what's next for Diablo, Overwatch, Hearthstone, World of Warcraft, and Heroes of the Storm. Some of Saturday's highlights include a panel with Overwatch's voice actors and a session on World of Warcraft's world creation. You can go here to check out the complete schedule, so you can plan accordingly.

If you can't make it in person, you can pick up an online pass for $50 that will give you streaming access, a playable demo of World of Warcraft Classic, and in-game items for a variety of games. Go here for complete details.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:39 AM   #2
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

I'm a long time Blizzard fan and the wife and I did pick up the latest WoW expansion. But I haven't been this bored with them in a long time. I think it might just be burnout on their brands.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:27 AM   #3
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
I'm a long time Blizzard fan and the wife and I did pick up the latest WoW expansion. But I haven't been this bored with them in a long time. I think it might just be burnout on their brands.

They've got one of the most solid lineups of games out there today, but I'm also burned out of them.

They need a new game, bad.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:47 AM   #4
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
They've got one of the most solid lineups of games out there today, but I'm also burned out of them.

They need a new game, bad.
For me, I'm burned out and bored with them because aside from their two freemium games and Overwatch (now two years old), the only other new thing they're actively offering is yet another WoW expansion. We've also got an aging Diablo 3, along with Starcraft 2 that hasn't seen a meaningful/major expansion since 2015.

Oh, but we're getting yet another port of D3 soon. Huzzah.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #5
Oddmaker
Developer

They don't need the money anymore
Old 10-04-2018, 11:37 AM   #6
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
I'm not so sure it's burnout, because I absolutely loved Legion, but this expansion is terribly boring... I don't like anything about it. Also, after losing Legendary talents (lvl 116?), my toons started to feel underwhelming and just not fun. You go from having multiple legendaries and an awesome artifact weapon, to the point where they all become nothing more than stat-sticks, and the Class Halls where you're a powerful hero are done with... you just don't feel as bad-ass anymore. I don't like the zones or any of the content... I couldn't stick around past level 117 before I cancelled my sub.

I think Legion is the best xpac they ever crafted, so it was inevitable that anything to come afterward would not reach or surpass it. Oh well... maybe I'll re-sub in a year and try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
For me, I'm burned out and bored with them because aside from their two freemium games and Overwatch (now two years old), the only other new thing they're actively offering is yet another WoW expansion. We've also got an aging Diablo 3, along with Starcraft 2 that hasn't seen a meaningful/major expansion since 2015.

Well, they are working on another Diablo title, they just haven't released any information about it other than job listings.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:44 PM   #7
solinari6
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I've recently been playing D3 again, this time exclusively on hardcore mode. Suddenly the game is fun again!
solinari6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:00 PM   #8
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

I didn't think Legion was a great expansion really. I liked some aspects of the artifact weapons and class halls and hated other aspects. I also didn't like the zones very much and they got worse as the expansion went on (Broken Shore and Argus were miserable.) I like the zones in BFA but the underlying systems do seem like more boring versions of what we got in Legion so that certainly doesn't help. But I still really think, for me at least, that it's just brand burnout.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:04 PM   #9
LostToys
Evil Dead

Like others have said, the issue is that Blizzard continues to offer new experiences, but only within the framework of games already available. So even if you have a new expansion, it feels dated because it is for a game that is multi-years, if not decades old. Showing off something that is new in a new game would be exciting, but even then, I would be tempered by knowing it is Blizzard, whom is notoriously slow in releasing anything.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:08 PM   #10
Skunk
Evil Dead

Kinda excited for a new Diablo because I just recently played it through and they offer a lot of cookie crumbs on how the next one will turn out. Never thought I would give a damn about the plot in the Diablo games but 3 was really quite solid in the storytelling department.
Skunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:16 AM   #11
Korolev
Soul Reaper

I want to check out the WoW Classic demo, but it's not worth paying $60 just for that. I'm sure it'll launch early next year, though. Just want to know if the subscription for it applies to normal WoW as well.
Korolev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:48 AM   #12
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korolev View Post
I want to check out the WoW Classic demo, but it's not worth paying $60 just for that. I'm sure it'll launch early next year, though. Just want to know if the subscription for it applies to normal WoW as well.
Yea, I want to try it as well, but really... vanilla was kinda bad. Like when I went to private servers for my "vanilla fix" I realized that there are so many things bad about the early days of WoW. I'm sure they'll fix a lot of the issues that were present, so that it feels a bit more modern/updated, but ultimately I think games evolve for a reason.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:08 PM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

They make solid stuff, but I'm bored with what I liked of their offerings. I hate HotS, quit Hearthstone ages ago, quit WoW ages ago, quit D3 ages ago, and hate Overwatch and Destiny (sick of fucking shooter bullshit...and CoD can get fucked too).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, blizzard entertainment, blizzcon