Last post by Rommel
Yesterday 12:20 AM
3 Replies, 636 Views

Old 09-11-2019, 01:57 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Control Content Roadmap: Fall 2019 - Mid 2020

Quote:
Control – What’s Next? Free DLC content includes Photo Mode and a challenging new game mode

Now that Control has launched and we’ve been able to get a few updates out of the way, it’s time to take a look at what’s coming next. We will continue to build on the world of Control, creating additional game content all the way through 2020. We already have a small team in place at Remedy that’s busy working on post-launch content.

Here’s a brief overview of what’s coming to Control...

First up, while some crafty PC players “unlocked” their own versions of this already, we are working on a much-desired Photo Mode, which will enable you to take some awesome snapshots of Jesse in the Oldest House. Make sure you unlock all of her costumes to flex by the time the Photo Mode arrives this fall. We’ll have more information on this soon.

New Game Mode

In December, we will release a new game mode for Control that we are currently calling Expeditions. This will be a challenging new end-game mode in which Jesse must help Security Chief Arish explore the mysterious Formation and its strange surroundings. Here you will face the some the greatest challenges that the Oldest House can throw at you. You will need the best gear and abilities to survive. Expeditions is free for all players.

Expansions

Moving ahead to 2020, there will be two full, paid expansions that our team is hard at work creating: The Foundation and AWE. Both of these will offer new story missions, enemies, and game mechanics, and take place in new locations within the Oldest House.

The Foundation will delve into the history of the Oldest House. At the request of the ever-mysterious Board, Jesse must explore what lies beneath the Bureau as she returns order to the Foundation and the Oldest House itself. Expect things to get weird.

The second expansion, AWE, will take Jesse into a new part of the Oldest House, the Investigations Sector, where the Bureau closely examines Altered World Events.

Finally, we would like to thank everyone from press to fans and the entire community for your support and feedback. The amazing response to Control means the world for us. Keep it coming!
controlgame.com.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:00 PM   #2
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:39 PM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I was thinking about buying this one soon, now that I see it has a whole "content roadmap" with two paid expansions, I guess I'm stuck waiting for the GotY edition.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:29 AM   #4
taxial
Death Knight

Alan Wake! Expansion 2!!! I will wait, and will play this then.
taxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:38 AM   #5
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Game bombed massively so you might get your sale sooner than you think. Didn't even chart in the top 20 of August. But Astral Chain was in the Top 10. Gooo P* the game is probably the best character action game of the gen so far.
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:13 PM   #6
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
Game bombed massively so you might get your sale sooner than you think. Didn't even chart in the top 20 of August. But Astral Chain was in the Top 10. Gooo P* the game is probably the best character action game of the gen so far.
SO? Control is an awesome game. 505 was the wrong small fry publisher for it with not enough funds to advertise it right. Again, Control is AN AWESOME GAME. A must play.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:51 PM   #7
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
SO? Control is an awesome game. 505 was the wrong small fry publisher for it with not enough funds to advertise it right. Again, Control is AN AWESOME GAME. A must play.
I agree, Control is way better than you might expect based on whatever meager amount of advertising you may have seen. It's a lot of fun.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:50 AM   #8
Skookum
Reaper

It has its moments but overall it feels like they are stretching it pretty thin at times. I was really enjoying it today up until I ended up in a hotel moving random objects around trying to get a damn door to open. This after an inane puzzle trying to make a computer run. And God Damn it is asinine watching the main character speak to herself in the middle of conversations with someone else. I'll probably play some more tomorrow, but for now it kind of feels like they took all the annoying dream sequence levels from Max Payne and made a full length game out of it.
Skookum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:48 PM   #9
saulob
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
It has its moments but overall it feels like they are stretching it pretty thin at times. I was really enjoying it today up until I ended up in a hotel moving random objects around trying to get a damn door to open. This after an inane puzzle trying to make a computer run. And God Damn it is asinine watching the main character speak to herself in the middle of conversations with someone else. I'll probably play some more tomorrow, but for now it kind of feels like they took all the annoying dream sequence levels from Max Payne and made a full length game out of it.
I hated the dream sequences from Max Payne....

Tags
control