Last post by vallor
Yesterday 08:31 PM
13 Replies, 1,072 Views

Old 03-15-2019, 08:25 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Four Sniper Elite Games Revealed

Quote:
Rebellion Discloses Top-Secret Intel on Four Sniper Elite Projects!

Independent developer and publisher Rebellion today announced multiple Sniper Elite projects, including a much-demanded follow-up to the BAFTA-nominated Sniper Elite 4.

In a ‘Sniper Elite Development Update’ video prepared specially for fans of the series, Rebellion CEO and Co-Founder Jason Kingsley OBE confirmed for the first time that FOUR Sniper Elite projects are currently in development:

• Sniper Elite V2 Remastered will bring 1945 Berlin to current platforms with stunning new visuals and a host of new features.

• Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition on Switch introduces Karl’s breathtaking North African adventure to a Nintendo platform for the first time ever.

• A new, standalone Sniper Elite game for VR devices is being developed in partnership with independent British studio Just Add Water, known for their work on the Oddworld and Gravity Crash series.

• The next major title in the Sniper Elite series, following in the footsteps of the widely acclaimed Sniper Elite 4, is being worked on now.

As announced in a stunning gameplay trailer, Sniper Elite V2 Remastered launches on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch in 2019. Fans can return to Berlin and revisit an epic campaign set in the final moments of World War 2. Offering stunningly enhanced graphics, 4K resolution and HDR display, this is the visually definitive version of Sniper Elite V2. It will introduce new playable characters, a brand new photo mode, expanded online multiplayer for up to 16 combatants*, as well as all the content ever released for the game. Sniper Elite V2 Remastered will be released both digitally and at retail later this year.

Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition is also coming to the Switch in 2019, offering intense sniping in soaring temperatures, all on the go. This feature-complete experience includes all the additional content ever released for the game, and Switch-exclusive local wireless multiplayer and motion controls. Fans can look out for more details soon.

A full reveal of the new Sniper Elite game for VR will be coming later this year. More details on the development of the upcoming mainline Sniper Elite game will be released in 2020.

For more information, please visit Sniper.com.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:25 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:48 AM   #3
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Ah, the hd re-release, last refuge of the scoundrel. Blowing people's heads off repeatedly in a linear very fashion gets old fast no matter what the resolution.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:26 PM   #4
Laz
Dread Lord

I wish they would add a first person perspective. I just can't get used to the controls with the over the shoulder view. I have this game and the Nazi Zombie Trilogy, but I get pissed off whenever I try to play. I know that I miss out on some great games. The only one I was ever able to play through was the first Max Payne. And even with those games, by the time the third one came out they changes things just enough that I get too frustrated and just never go back to the game. The cross-hair on Max Payne 3 was so pathetic. I couldn't see it half the time. Okay, I am done complaining.
Laz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:39 PM   #5
alienchild
Evil Dead

I looove the zombie trilogy and would certainly buy a new game should it even come out. The standard sniper elite games are pretty good imo but there is no chance in hell I'll rebuy them for a hd upgrade.
alienchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:34 AM   #6
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

LOL @ Rebellion.

Been trying to stay relevant for well over a decade. I first was introduced to them with the game AVP (2010). I have a lot of love for that game, even though it's a 7/10 at best.

Then they got into their Sniper Elite stuff and found a little audience.

I imagine them at a farm, and all the devs are milking DVD's of Sniper Elite with utters hanging off them. Must be getting close to empty by now.

I talk shit in good fun. It is true that they have been milking this franchise so hard AOC will start complaining next week. But I also don't really care. They're OK games.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #7
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Sniper Elite 4 was a blast on Xbone.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:57 AM   #8
CrashN'Burn
Squire

I played Sniper Elite 3... had fun but that's it...
I really enjoyed Sniper Elite 4... Wonderful game in this generation that has very few WW2 based shooters.

Nazy Zombie Trilogy is another beast, had fun playing it in coop... not much fun as a single player game...

Looking forward to the next installment and will surely buy the remaster of Sniper Elite 2 if the price is right!
CrashN'Burn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sniper elite