Liberals gone wild
Last post by vallor
Yesterday 02:57 PM
2,940 Replies, 402,570 Views

Old 06-24-2016, 05:06 PM   #1
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

Sony PSP Game Collection - 200+ Games!

I show you all 200+ Sony PSP games I have in my collection and highlight some of the more rare or interesting or fun games YOU should play too! This collection is grouped by RPGs, Racing games, Puzzle games, action/platformer, sports, flight, fighting and more!

For your completionists: Wikipedia lists 865 physical games for the PSP worldwide, which does not include any of the downloadable PS Mini or PSOne games.
Metal Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:38 AM   #2
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

That was a great video! So many good memories! "LocoRoco 2"! Farsight's pinball games! "Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX"! "Crisis Core"! "Puzzle Quest" (which is so broken, yet so much fun on PSP:-)!

In case you're still reading this, I was surprised not to see "Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together" in your list. In my opinion, it's far, far superior to "Final Fantasy Tactics", and there was even a beautiful Collector's Edition. Also, the "Capcom Classics Collection" compilations were both great. However, I'd recommend buying them digitally on the cheap, because they play perfectly on the Vita. No loading times whatsoever (the bane of the PSP).
Old 06-27-2016, 07:05 AM   #3
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

I loved the PSP; the UMD format was a major misstep, but there were some friggin' great titles.

My PSP stopped working a few years ago. I definitely miss Patapon.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:37 AM   #4
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I loved the PSP; the UMD format was a major misstep, but there were some friggin' great titles.

My PSP stopped working a few years ago. I definitely miss Patapon.
In (the unlikely) case you've got a Vita, I wholeheartedly recommend re-buying some PSP classics when they're on sale at 3 to 5 dollars. The load times are much better, even compared to the PSP memory stick, and unlike real PSV games, you can simply copy save files, like you were able to with the original PSP.

Oh, also: LocoRoco > Patapon, of course.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:39 AM   #5
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
In (the unlikely) case you've got a Vita, I wholeheartedly recommend re-buying some PSP classics when they're on sale at 3 to 5 dollars. The load times are much better, even compared to the PSP memory stick, and unlike real PSV games, you can simply copy save files, like you were able to with the original PSP.

Oh, also: LocoRoco > Patapon, of course.
How many PSP titles are available on the Vita? I don't have one...but, I could be persuaded, especially if I could play some of those older titles. Plus, PS4 crossplay, blah blah blah.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:04 AM   #6
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
How many PSP titles are available on the Vita? I don't have one...but, I could be persuaded, especially if I could play some of those older titles. Plus, PS4 crossplay, blah blah blah.
Uh... According to the American PlayStation Store, roughly 100:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...e~psp_games%7C

If you include PS1 games, you'll get slightly below 300 hits in the store search. Adding Minis brings the total to about 500. The only notable exclusion I'm aware of is "Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core" - the game that made me buy a PSP.

Of course, PSP games shouldn't play the primary role when buying a Vita. I mean, the system may be dead, but the Vita has a bunch of excellent (and often exclusive) games of its own. However, PSP games run great on it, and they have the added benefit that you can play multiplayer matches on a single account. I've still got my PSP lying around, so I downloaded the "Capcom Classics Collection: Reloaded" and "Remixed" on both systems. Voilà, more "Street Fighter II" and "Final Fight" than you could ever wish for in adhoc matches!
Old 06-27-2016, 11:46 AM   #7
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Uh... According to the American PlayStation Store, roughly 100:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...e~psp_games%7C

If you include PS1 games, you'll get slightly below 300 hits in the store search. Adding Minis brings the total to about 500. The only notable exclusion I'm aware of is "Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core" - the game that made me buy a PSP.

Of course, PSP games shouldn't play the primary role when buying a Vita. I mean, the system may be dead, but the Vita has a bunch of excellent (and often exclusive) games of its own. However, PSP games run great on it, and they have the added benefit that you can play multiplayer matches on a single account. I've still got my PSP lying around, so I downloaded the "Capcom Classics Collection: Reloaded" and "Remixed" on both systems. Voilà, more "Street Fighter II" and "Final Fight" than you could ever wish for in adhoc matches!
No, it wouldn't be the main impetus...but there are a few PSP gems I'd like to be able to play again while digging into the Vita catalog.

The only thing holding me back is the price; if I could get a good deal on a Vita, I'd snag one.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:45 AM   #8
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
No, it wouldn't be the main impetus...but there are a few PSP gems I'd like to be able to play again while digging into the Vita catalog.

The only thing holding me back is the price; if I could get a good deal on a Vita, I'd snag one.
eBay. Just make sure you're looking for an original model, not a slim. I got my brother a near-mint WiFi model with a memory card and a crappy game (one of the "Farming Simulator"s) at around 80 euros and thought that was very fair. The Vita is not a collectible (yet), and apparently, many stupid uninformed people bought one without knowing what they were getting into.

If you're going for a Vita, be sure to also buy the cheapest possible grip (this one or one of the identical builds). It makes one hell of a difference in comfort, and unlike the more expensive grips, you're still looking directly at the screen without risking hand cramps. The others might feel even more like a controller, but when was the last time you had to look at the face of your DualShock...?
Old 06-28-2016, 09:28 AM   #9
zeonxavier
Evil Dead

My biggest problem with the PSP these days is finding functional batteries.

Turn-based SOCOM? Interesting, may need to check that one out.
zeonxavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:20 AM   #10
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonxavier View Post
My biggest problem with the PSP these days is finding functional batteries.

Turn-based SOCOM? Interesting, may need to check that one out.
Pretty sure that one had a demo, because I can remember trying it out at some point. Was okay, I guess... yup, found it:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...MO000000000000
Old 06-28-2016, 12:11 PM   #11
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I think I own about 8 PSP games and about 4 movie UMD's. Loved the system the few times I used it. I went camping one time and I couldn't sleep because my old schedule was working nights so I sat and wached my 4 UMD movies half the night.

Good times.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:40 AM   #12
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

I doubt anyone is reading this, but the European PSN store currently has exactly what I was talking about - another "Big in Japan" sale. "Vagrant Story", "Suikoden" or "Suikoden II" for EUR 2.99, all "Final Fantasy" games at EUR 4.99 each, "Persona 4 Golden" at EUR 5.99, and roughly a hundred more games on offer.

I know I won't play Suikoden again, but I'm sooo tempted...
Old 06-29-2016, 09:18 AM   #13
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
I doubt anyone is reading this, but the European PSN store currently has exactly what I was talking about - another "Big in Japan" sale. "Vagrant Story", "Suikoden" or "Suikoden II" for EUR 2.99, all "Final Fantasy" games at EUR 4.99 each, "Persona 4 Golden" at EUR 5.99, and roughly a hundred more games on offer.

I know I won't play Suikoden again, but I'm sooo tempted...
I'm still paying attention...mainly because I'm sort of kicking myself for not snagging a Vita sooner. Honestly, I really want it for PS4 crossplay and the old PSP titles I miss...but I do know there are plenty of hidden gems for the system, as well.

Tags
metal jesus, playstation, psp, sony