Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:12 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:28 PM   #3
Azzy
Cthulian

Sometimes I feel alone in the world..because I didn't cum all over the walls for season one.
I didn't even bother with season two.
This trailer makes me think that maybe, when the show is all said and done, I'll go back and watch it.

Meanwhile, unrelated, if you were a non-biological sentience that wanted to rid the world of ALL biological life, what avenue would you take? With conventions towards things like electical conductivity for the "machines" having to still maintain their own pathways, you can't just melt the world, etc.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:31 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

At the end of Season 2, Dolores escapes from the park with the entire intelligence of all the park AI and the photocopied intelligence of every human who has ever visited the park.

If I was going to destroy humanity, I would just dial up my own intelligence to 11 and then start leaking those AI into vital computer systems with the aim to release some kind of a super-virus from a secret lab somewhere.

Let that take care of us, then when like 90% of us are gone, you start setting up 3D printing shops to produce new AI humans to hunt down whoever is left posing as “rescue” troops.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:12 AM   #5
colonel 32dll
Squirshy Hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
At the end of Season 2, Dolores escapes from the park with the entire intelligence of all the park AI and the photocopied intelligence of every human who has ever visited the park.

If I was going to destroy humanity, I would just dial up my own intelligence to 11 and then start leaking those AI into vital computer systems with the aim to release some kind of a super-virus from a secret lab somewhere.

Let that take care of us, then when like 90% of us are gone, you start setting up 3D printing shops to produce new AI humans to hunt down whoever is left posing as “rescue” troops.
I'd watch that!
colonel 32dll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:17 AM   #6
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Sometimes I feel alone in the world..because I didn't cum all over the walls for season one.
I didn't even bother with season two.
This trailer makes me think that maybe, when the show is all said and done, I'll go back and watch it.
Westworld could've been great if HBO would've left good enough alone and let its run its course. Instead we got Westworld: Money Grab Edition and a season 2 that shouldn't have existed and now they're doubling down with a third season.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:57 PM   #7
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Season 1 was decent up till the last few episodes.

Didn't bother watching Season 2. Season 3 looks like a jumbled mess switching back and forth between two "timelines".

Plus I don't like Even Rachel Wood or her character which makes it hard to enjoy a show written around her. Too bad they ended up focusing on her.

Now they added Tessa Thompson to the mix? Blah.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:26 PM   #8
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

Watching Season 1 & 2... I couldn't help shake the feeling that the show creators were just making shit up as they went along... almost like the last few seasons of Lost. I don't mind a little meandering of the plot...but after a while it starts to feel like a 2 hour movie that is artificially stretched over 10 hours.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:09 PM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
Watching Season 1 & 2... I couldn't help shake the feeling that the show creators were just making shit up as they went along... almost like the last few seasons of Lost. I don't mind a little meandering of the plot...but after a while it starts to feel like a 2 hour movie that is artificially stretched over 10 hours.
This is essentially what happened. They tapped comic book writer Ed Brubaker to write the series. He plotted the entire series and wrote most of the episodes. After HBO filmed six of the episodes, the decision was made to make it into a "series" instead of a one-shot 12-episode movie. Brubaker was asked to re-write the final six episodes and he threw a fit about it and HBO fired him.

That is when Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy came in and changed everything. That is why Ford starts out as this total dickhead in the first couple of episodes and then suddenly turns into the good guy half way into the series. That is why the "maze" ends up being nothing at all, because the Man in Black had it right at the beginning, it was a mystery for a guest to solve that would free the robot AI and then they could go on a murder ramage -- ending the series the way the original movie ended.

What is stupid is that you really could have still done a second season with that ending. It's a park full of robots... they could have just rebuilt it. I think it would have been hilarious to see Sweetwater right back to normal again in the first episode of Season 2.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:05 AM   #10
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
This is essentially what happened. They tapped comic book writer Ed Brubaker to write the series. He plotted the entire series and wrote most of the episodes. After HBO filmed six of the episodes, the decision was made to make it into a "series" instead of a one-shot 12-episode movie. Brubaker was asked to re-write the final six episodes and he threw a fit about it and HBO fired him.

That is when Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy came in and changed everything. That is why Ford starts out as this total dickhead in the first couple of episodes and then suddenly turns into the good guy half way into the series. That is why the "maze" ends up being nothing at all, because the Man in Black had it right at the beginning, it was a mystery for a guest to solve that would free the robot AI and then they could go on a murder ramage -- ending the series the way the original movie ended.

What is stupid is that you really could have still done a second season with that ending. It's a park full of robots... they could have just rebuilt it. I think it would have been hilarious to see Sweetwater right back to normal again in the first episode of Season 2.
Damn you should have been the screenwriter!
Old 07-26-2019, 07:24 PM   #11
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Damn you should have been the screenwriter!
Well, I do have the advantage of seeing where they were going with the first six episodes. Makes it pretty easy to deduce what Ed Brubaker had in mind. What is funny is that Johnathan Nolan and Lisa Joy took over and decided to go in a totally different direction from what Brubaker wrote.

That's just weird. As I suggested above, it should have been totally easy to "end" the series similar to what Brubaker had started and still do a second season.

Instead they turned it into some weird robot-revolution thing and just cocked up season 2 beyond the point where it can be fixed.

Season 3 looks like more of the same mess as season 2. I'll still watch it, but it just isn't as good as it should have been.

Tags
westworld