First chilling trailer...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:07 AM
1 Replies, 205 Views

Old 04-22-2019, 05:58 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Mortal Kombat 11's Final Character Is So Cool

Can you feel the chill in the air? Frost makes her long-awaited return to kombat in #MK11.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:58 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:30 AM   #3
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

She-Zero?

Ice Queen?
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:01 PM   #4
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Sub-GRRL? Manic Pixie Dream Yeti?
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:18 PM   #5
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

She reminds me of Baraka.

Kabal and Baraka are in MK11, I am SO happy. Those dudes along with Cyrax are my FAVES.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:47 PM   #6
Inkabodcrane
Subscriber

Beat the Story Mode last night. Best story mode NetherRealm has made, which includes the Injustice games. The final boss is a proper pain in the ASS, which made it even more rewarding when I beat her after several tries. I want to say how badass something is but I can't spoil it.

Frost is really cool, but I do wish they left her body human. Now she is like some Frozen Alitta Battle Angel.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:40 AM   #7
Inkabodcrane
Subscriber

Tonight I realized you can fight the different towers to unlock items and currencies by assigning the AI to fight for you. This creates a different aspect to the game, because you can choose how the ai fights by moving different sliders for things like kombos, zoning, and more. So if you find a good ai scheme you can have the game fight towers for you and earn the currency needed to unlock skins and fatalities and more in the enormous krypt. It's a pretty cool addition to the game.

Go Against the Flow.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:43 AM   #8
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

This game is getting hammered on Steam right now.

People seem to be pretty upset with the micro transactions.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:49 PM   #9
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post

Yup. While I do think the microtransactions are terrible, I can very easily enjoy this game without buying that garbage, and don't really care about anything I'll miss out on by not purchasing the currency. I paid $55 for the ultimate version via Fanatical.com... couldn't pass that up.

I only played about an hour last night (on PC), will probably fire it up again shortly. As far as performance that people are complaining about, I don't see it... have had zero issues. Then again, I have a Threadripper 1950x, 1080 Ti, and 32GB RAM, so I'm guessing those w/ issues are playing on low-mid tier systems. *shrug*
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:02 PM   #10
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

There are definitely some issues with TAA (on PC), but beyond that the game plays very well, possibly the best of all the MKs.

I haven't ventured into the Krypt or anything yet, but as far as I know it's all cosmetic stuff anyways? And all they did really was make the items in it RNG instead of people having it mapped out in the first few days as far as I can tell from the "outrage".

And just listening to their latest "Kombat Kast" it turns out it's not an RNG loot pool or anything, they just randomized the locations of the various chests in the Krypt. However the more important/expensive chests will always be in the same locations and have the same stuff in them across different players, so I expect that to be mapped soon.

Maybe that doesn't make much different to other people, but I don't really care too much about cosmetic stuff myself.

Last edited by Mozain; 04-24-2019 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: Kombat Kast
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:34 PM   #11
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Eh I don't need another game that begs for money like the latest CoD did. And with yard work season upon us (less and less time for gaming) and this game supposedly going a bit "woke" it just becomes easier to say no, at least at full price. Maybe when fall rolls around and the game is in the bargain bin I'll take another look.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:53 PM   #12
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

I gotta be honest, I only played for like 5 hours last night but I have no clue how to spend the "Premium" currency I've been earning. Hell I didn't even know what it was until I looked it up this morning.

The Krypt is like it always is, unlock stuff with the various in-game coins and hearts and souls and what not (no premium currency). Only difference in this one is that now only certain chests have fixed locations instead of all chests.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:00 PM   #13
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Funny...reviews from places like IGN didnt mention too much about the microtransactions, and instead called it "the best MK evarrrr!"

No thanks do i want to deal with the grind and/or the constant money begging and various currencies in an MK game. How obnoxious.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:44 PM   #14
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Well now I'm curious. Just what do people think the microtransactions are like that they are so egregious?

How do people think they work? What can you buy with them? What's the general thought as to how it is?
Old 04-24-2019, 05:24 PM   #15
Inkabodcrane
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post

People are confused. There are no microtransactions that let you pay to win. The only microtransactions are to buy skins that randomly change every 8 hours and are unlockable in the Krypt already. So you choose to spend money to buy a skin instead of find it yourself in the Krypt. Also the currency you use to buy the skins is also earnable in the game.

The real controversy for people who know what they are talking about is that the currency you need to open chests in the Krypt is hard to get right now, because the Towers of Time area is insanely hard. Today NetherRealm announced that they are reducing the difficulty, increasing the rewards, and giving everyone a bunch of in game currency to go spend in the Krypt.

There is no microtransaction controversy, unless the people crying about it don't know what the f they are talking about. There are 4 different currencies. You can't spend money to buy in game currency for 3 of the 4 types, and the 4th type is both earnable in game, and the things you buy with it are unlockable in the game.

I guess this can be confusing for some people at first. Any questions?

Go Against the Flow.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:43 PM   #16
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

You’re sounding a little defensive. The reviews I’ve read specify the same things you have but it still doesn’t sound great. Things like chests requiring 250 hearts to opens and you earn those hearts in 1s and 2s making it a slow grind for not much of a reward. I used to defend these kind of micro transactions but I’m tired of them being baked into games. And things always start off as a slog and then the devs come in and make it a little less of a slog so they can appear to be the good guys. CoD was the same and while I was okay with it for a few weeks, it got annoying pretty quickly. I’m not paying full price for this crap design anymore.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:47 PM   #17
Inkabodcrane
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Youíre sounding a little defensive. The reviews Iíve read specify the same things you have but it still doesnít sound great. Things like chests requiring 250 hearts to opens and you earn those hearts in 1s and 2s making it a slow grind for not much of a reward. I used to defend these kind of micro transactions but Iím tired of them being baked into games. And things always start off as a slog and then the devs come in and make it a little less of a slog so they can appear to be the good guys. CoD was the same and while I was okay with it for a few weeks, it got annoying pretty quickly. Iím not paying full price for this crap design anymore.
No, I hear you. The earning of hearts and koins is too slow right now. But you can't spend money to buy them, so the only controversy is that its too much of a grind. They are making changes to it to improve it. I just have seen people online complaining that it is pay to win style of microtransactions, which it isn't.

You can't buy your way through the game, which I am happy about. They just need to give better rewards because some of the towers you play to get the currency are ridiculously hard. We'll see if they fix it all as they seem to be saying.

Go Against the Flow.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:44 PM   #18
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Ah okay. That was a misleading point in some of the reviews I read. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:40 PM   #19
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

And that's what I was wondering in this whole thing. People seem incredibly confused about just what you can buy with real money, which actually isn't much of anything at all.

And the Krypt has always been a grind. I've played every one of these games and never even come close to getting it all.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:57 AM   #20
Inkabodcrane
Subscriber

There is some other wierd story going around that IGN and AngryJoe talked about, which is also completely false. Someone counted up $5 for each skin in the game and came up with over $6000. So the copycat nature of the internet is spreading this around saying if you want all the skins it will cost that much.

Except it isn't true. They only ever have 2 or 3 on sale. You'd have to wait a millenia to buy each skin like that. The reactions and stories coming out about this game are wierd. Where is all this coming from?

Anyways, Ed Boon responded on Twitter:

Quote:
L��L OMG! The $6440 story is complete bullshit! ��

Where do these people get their information? �� The VAST VAST majority of MK11 skins are NOT for sale. That's not how @NetherRealm make games. You have to EARN them IN GAME!

��#FactCheckB4reporting��

Go Against the Flow.

Last edited by Inkabodcrane; 04-25-2019 at 03:41 AM..

Tags
mortal kombat 11