Last post by AlfredT
Yesterday 05:50 PM
0 Replies, 133 Views

Old 05-09-2019, 05:03 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC

Quote:
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint - Become an Elite Special Operations Soldier Behind Enemy Lines

Ubisoft has announced Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint, the latest instalment in the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon franchise. The game will be available from October 4th 2019 on the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. After successfully rebooting the Ghost Recon formula with Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands, Ubisoft Paris has created an entirely new adventure, putting players back in the boots of the Ghosts, an Elite US Special Operations Unit, but this time they are stranded behind enemy lines, facing their toughest enemy to date.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a military shooter set in a diverse and hostile open world. The game will be playable solo or in up to four-player co-op. Players will discover Auroa, a mysterious island where the most technically advanced facilities meet wild and untamed nature. Home to tech giant, Skell Technology, Auroa has fallen into the wrong hands and all contact has been lost.

The Wolves, a lethal ex-US Military unit of former Ghosts gone rogue, have taken over the island. Led by Nomad’s ex-brother-in-arms, Lt. Colonel Cole D. Walker, portrayed by Jon Bernthal, they have reprogrammed Skell’s drones into killing machines and are ready to use them, no matter the casualties. Nomad and the Ghosts are sent in on a recon mission, but their helicopters are shot down. Injured, without support, and hunted down, players will live an intense military experience as they fight to survive, take down the Wolves and regain control of Auroa.

Steep slopes, accumulating injuries, and fatigue are new challenges for players to tackle as they test their survival skills in the varied terrains of Auroa. To overcome adversity, players will enjoy total freedom to accomplish their missions and have plenty of tactical options and tools at their disposal, including a set of new military features. They will be able to carry enemies and teammates’ bodies, blend into their environment with prone camo and set up camp with teammates in the bivouac to manage equipment, change classes, and fine-tune their strategies.

They will also be able to choose among thousands of customization combinations to create their perfect Ghost, and keep their character and progression through the game, in both the main campaign and Player-versus-Player (PvP), available at launch.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint will include a robust post-launch content support plan, with regular updates after launch. New story arcs, classes and features will be continuously added, and for the first time in a Ghost Recon game, a new type of endgame content: Raids.

Additionally, Ubisoft announced the Gold, Ultimate and Wolves Collector’s Editions of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint as well as the standalone Ubicollectibles figurine of Nomad:

• The Gold Edition will include the base game and the Year 1 Pass.

• The Ultimate Edition will include the base game, the Year 1 Pass and the Ultimate Pack.

• The Wolves Collector’s Edition will include the base game, the Year 1 Pass, the Ultimate Pack, a Ubicollectibles high-end figurine of Lt. Colonel Cole D. Walker, a Steelbook, exclusive lithographs, Walker’s dog tag, and a waterproof map of Auroa as well as the soundtrack.

• The standalone Ubicollectibles figurine of Nomad is available for preorder on the Ubisoft store.

Fans who purchase the Gold, Ultimate, or Collector’s Editions will have access to the game up to three days early. Fans who pre-order Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint will receive access to the Ghost Recon Breakpoint Beta closer to launch, as well as the Sentinel Corp. pack which includes exclusive gear.

For more information about Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint, visit ghostrecon.com.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:04 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:05 PM   #3
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

WTF Raids, really? Are they doable with 3 or 2 AI NPCs? I loved Wildlands because I could do everything COOP with just one other person. I hope they do something that no other game is doing, and allow NPCs to help in raids so you aren't required to get extra live bodies if you don't have enough.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:30 AM   #4
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I miss the original first person Ghost Recon. Third person shooters just don’t feel good to me. It’s less like being in the character’s shoes and more like playing with a doll that takes up 1/3 of your vision while simultaneously making it easier to spot enemies around obstacles. Bring first person perspective back to Ghost Recon, please!
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:28 AM   #5
Booda
Beam another Blast

This is looking pretty good.

I got a free copy of Wildlands for pc earlier this year but I haven't tried it out yet. I have some friends that play it co-op & say that it is really fun which means I'll probably be checking it out pretty soon.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:04 AM   #6
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Keep character creation and coop.

And bring back the predator.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:35 PM   #7
Primus
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post
WTF Raids, really? Are they doable with 3 or 2 AI NPCs? I loved Wildlands because I could do everything COOP with just one other person. I hope they do something that no other game is doing, and allow NPCs to help in raids so you aren't required to get extra live bodies if you don't have enough.
They actually axed the AI squad in this one, they have been replaced with deployable drones that you can sync-shot with. The GR subreddit is furious, as that's a major part of the franchise's identity. Not much is separating this from Metal Gear or Splinter Cell now if you are going solo.

I mostly play with my friends so I am looking forward to it. They added a ton of features that were fan-requested in Wildlands, but the focus on enemy robots and no AI squad are worrisome.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:39 PM   #8
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Metal gear remake but with dude bro protagonist?
Old 05-10-2019, 10:09 PM   #9
McWolf
Squire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
They actually axed the AI squad in this one, they have been replaced with deployable drones that you can sync-shot with. The GR subreddit is furious, as that's a major part of the franchise's identity. Not much is separating this from Metal Gear or Splinter Cell now if you are going solo.

I mostly play with my friends so I am looking forward to it. They added a ton of features that were fan-requested in Wildlands, but the focus on enemy robots and no AI squad are worrisome.
I can understand why they're slightly furious, but the squad in Wildlands was nothing like the squads from the last games, I think they made the right call this time.
McWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:01 AM   #10
Scherge
Evil Dead

The last GR games I played were the "Advanced Warfighter" ones during the early Xbox 360 days, so I don't know much about the series' current state. But, man, they really need to hire new writers for these trailers. Abridged version:

- Dudes and dudettes are ghosts.
- Dudes and dudettes don't care about death.
- One dude (or dudette?) gets deaded.
- Dudes and dudettes totally lose it and blow up everything.

Unless... that really IS the justification for a "Ghost Recon" mission these days.
Is it? Tom Clancy would be so proud.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:07 PM   #11
Terran
Evil Dead

Had some great, great times with GRAW back in the day. Series has been ghosted since then, at least to me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:27 PM   #12
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

I read this is a epic game store exclusive.

if that's true, I'll likely pass.

The store isn't supported where I am, and uplay is already horrible enough where I am that I can waste literally hours trying to connect to their log in server.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ghost recon breakpoint