Last post by vallor
Yesterday 04:14 PM
3 Replies, 262 Views

Old 09-14-2015, 01:39 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection - Gameplay Video #Uncharted #PS4

Quote:
This scene from UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune features Drake being held in an abandoned prison by the ruthless pirate, Eddy Raja, and his escape results in a white-knuckle truck chase. This scene really gets at the humor present in the series and the depths Elena and Drake will go through together. It was a memorable scene to create as it began Naughty Dog's obsession with having a thrilling vehicle chase in subsequent UNCHARTED games. The play-through below comes straight from the new UNCHARTED collection, faithfully and beautifully remastered for PlayStation 4.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection is the culmination of years of hard work at our studio that has been lovingly rebuilt by the team at Bluepoint Games. It’s incredible to watch Drake run, leap, and shoot on the PS4 with enhanced graphics and gameplay. Capturing those white-knuckle, trademark Uncharted moments has never been more fun than via the new Photo Mode tools built into the collection. Various improvements in lighting, rendering, texture mapping, and dynamic audio mean all three games are looking and sounding better than ever.
Click on the headline to watch the video.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:39 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #3
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

All these remasters of last gen games. This generation of consoles has been a bust for everything but sports titles.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:26 PM   #4
Demo_Boy
@DemoEvolved on Twitter

It's high def and Uncharted. If you havent played it, this couldnt be more perfect an offer.
Demo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:47 PM   #5
GunnSgtHartman
Evil Dead

At 3:42 you can clearly see a truck spawning. I can't handle these linear, pre-scripted and repetitive shooter games anymore. Uncharted 4 looks really good but it's that same old tired gameplay. Some shooters that are 10 year old did better than this. Lazy ass game designers!
Old 09-14-2015, 03:06 PM   #6
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnSgtHartman View Post
At 3:42 you can clearly see a truck spawning. I can't handle these linear, pre-scripted and repetitive shooter games anymore. Uncharted 4 looks really good but it's that same old tired gameplay. Some shooters that are 10 year old did better than this. Lazy ass game designers!
Exactly, Sony and MS are no better than Nintendo with these constant rehashes. This is why I'm primarily a PC gamer, while there's alot of the same stuff on the PC side of things for sure, there's also games you'll never see play well on a console, Act of Aggression, the various CRPG Renascence that is going on now with games like Pillars of Eternity and Sword Coast Legends, and higher res ports of things like Metal Gear Solid V and GTA V. If I could get EA's current crop of sports titles feature intact on the PC I wouldn't even own a console at this point.

There's things to look forward to on the PC like Battletech, where as all I look forward to on my PS4 is NHL16 and nothing else.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:35 PM   #7
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnSgtHartman View Post
To be honest, as much as I am enjoying Metal Gear V: The Phantom Pain, I miss having the very tight and deliberate gameplay of its forebears, particularly when it relates to being able to tell a story. Must of the game's story is told over the radio or through forced cutscenese at Mother Base, rather than during the actual gameplay.

So I still enjoy games like Uncharted which are overly scripted because they tell an engaging (not necessarily good) story and offer a destinct gameplay experience.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:07 PM   #8
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
To be honest, as much as I am enjoying Metal Gear V: The Phantom Pain, I miss having the very tight and deliberate gameplay of its forebears, particularly when it relates to being able to tell a story. Must of the game's story is told over the radio or through forced cutscenese at Mother Base, rather than during the actual gameplay.

So I still enjoy games like Uncharted which are overly scripted because they tell an engaging (not necessarily good) story and offer a destinct gameplay experience.
I dunno LT this is the first MGS I've actually enjoyed because it has this little thing called gameplay, rather than a steady stream of 30 minute cutscenes.

I've gotten to the point in the Phantom Pain where I'm doing side ops to destroy tanks and it seems the AI actually now has a vision cone beyond 5 meters, so I've had to actually be careful with stealth, it didn't seem that way for the first few hours of play at all, and I really like it. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:38 PM   #9
LostToys
Evil Dead

[QUOTE=SpectralThundr;2397133]I dunno LT this is the first MGS I've actually enjoyed because it has this little thing called gameplay, rather than a steady stream of 30 minute cutscenes.[/quotes]

That's the thing. I have been playing MGS since the PSX, so the painfully long exposition through codec calls, the long cutscenes, the restricted gameplay, the use of rations and other consumables which can only be replenished by finding them in the environment, the cray boss fights, etc are things I totally missing from The Phantom Pain. I really with the Main Missions followed older MGS gameplay and story telling, while the Side Ops was the open world sand box. As it stands, the two are pretty interchangeable, so I really never get excited when I see a new mission available.

Quote:
I've gotten to the point in the Phantom Pain where I'm doing side ops to destroy tanks and it seems the AI actually now has a vision cone beyond 5 meters, so I've had to actually be careful with stealth, it didn't seem that way for the first few hours of play at all, and I really like it. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
The reason for this is that the further you get into the game, the higher the stats. AI runs off the soldier stats. Most of the soldiers you will be seeing now are A to S rank, so they will see, hear, and react much more to your presence. Also, more tools get unlocked for the AI, including cameras, explosives, and most importantly, body armor and helmets. Personally, this shift in enemy competency came way too late (Chapter 2).
Old 09-14-2015, 04:52 PM   #10
Drake_NS
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo_Boy View Post
It's high def and Uncharted. If you havent played it, this couldnt be more perfect an offer.
I'm in that camp. I have a PS4 now, but never had a PS3. I can't fault the complaints of unoriginality, but I'm also pretty happy to be able to play those games.
Drake_NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:53 PM   #11
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

[QUOTE=LostToys;2397139]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I dunno LT this is the first MGS I've actually enjoyed because it has this little thing called gameplay, rather than a steady stream of 30 minute cutscenes.[/quotes]

That's the thing. I have been playing MGS since the PSX, so the painfully long exposition through codec calls, the long cutscenes, the restricted gameplay, the use of rations and other consumables which can only be replenished by finding them in the environment, the cray boss fights, etc are things I totally missing from The Phantom Pain. I really with the Main Missions followed older MGS gameplay and story telling, while the Side Ops was the open world sand box. As it stands, the two are pretty interchangeable, so I really never get excited when I see a new mission available.

The reason for this is that the further you get into the game, the higher the stats. AI runs off the soldier stats. Most of the soldiers you will be seeing now are A to S rank, so they will see, hear, and react much more to your presence. Also, more tools get unlocked for the AI, including cameras, explosives, and most importantly, body armor and helmets. Personally, this shift in enemy competency came way too late (Chapter 2).
I can certainly understand where you're coming from with you being a long time fan of the series, the removal of those aspects could be jarring. I respect that. I just know for me and knowing how "out there" most of MGS plots are, hearing the story through the cassettes I kinda prefer really. I don't mind a cutscene now and then don't get me wrong (especially ones with Quiet in em hehe)

Thanks for the info too about the AI, I hadn't thought of that and I agree I wish it would have come a little earlier, it didn't seem to kick in til the mission where you rescue Huey for me but I'm enjoying the game more now that the AI doesn't seem dumber than a door nail not being able to see a few meters in front of it.

I do wish all the side ops weren't so damn repetitive however.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:03 PM   #12
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake_NS View Post
I'm in that camp. I have a PS4 now, but never had a PS3. I can't fault the complaints of unoriginality, but I'm also pretty happy to be able to play those games.
That, and it is not like it is taking resources away from them making additional games. These kind of ports are usually done by a third party, so there is no loss of resources. We are still getting Uncharted 4 this Spring.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:08 PM   #13
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
I do wish all the side ops weren't so damn repetitive however.
I wish there was a way to filter new Spec Ops. I hate having to look at the list to find the ones that have no check marks (completely new), white check marks (can be replayed for better rewards and higher skilled soldiers to extract) and grayed out check marks (can't be replayed).

The repetitiveness does not really annoy me since it allows the game to be completely open world (no conditions) and gives me reasons to just mess around and get rewarded for it.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:04 PM   #14
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

[QUOTE=LostToys;2397139]
Quote:
I dunno LT this is the first MGS I've actually enjoyed because it has this little thing called gameplay, rather than a steady stream of 30 minute cutscenes.[/quotes]

Well, ironically, I've been playing Metal Gear since the first one and Metal Gear 5 is actually way more like Metal Gear 1 and 2 than Solid was, which I really like and appreciate. I think, to some extent, that was Kojima's objective.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:11 PM   #15
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

[QUOTE=JazGalaxy;2397148]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post

Well, ironically, I've been playing Metal Gear since the first one and Metal Gear 5 is actually way more like Metal Gear 1 and 2 than Solid was, which I really like and appreciate. I think, to some extent, that was Kojima's objective.
If the 8 bit NES could have handled glorious cinematics at the time it would have been there, I've no doubt.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:37 PM   #16
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I haven't picked up a new console yet and this is pushing me to pick up one. I bought the PS3 for this series, and while I normally rip on remakes, I love these games!
Old 09-15-2015, 03:34 AM   #17
Scherge
Subscriber

THAT's the "Uncharted Moment" they chose for the trailer? I remember this part of the game, I distinctly remember not liking it, and I can't believe Drake still has those muddy textures for a shirt.

Still thinking about buying the collection, but that wasn't impressive in any way.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:45 AM   #18
Demo_Boy
@DemoEvolved on Twitter

It was 60fps and had character development between 2 of the main characters. Although, I seem to remember the jetski segment was more iconic
Demo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #19
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Exactly, Sony and MS are no better than Nintendo with these constant rehashes.
Quote:
all I look forward to on my PS4 is NHL16 and nothing else.

Also, calling a series that hasn't even released it's 4th iteration a "rehash" is pretty funny. It was pretty predictable to see you come into an Uncharted thread and once again post negativity, not to mention contradicting your own logic you've expressed in other threads... again.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:54 PM   #20
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
Also, calling a series that hasn't even released it's 4th iteration a "rehash" is pretty funny. It was pretty predictable to see you come into an Uncharted thread and once again post negativity, not to mention contradicting your own logic you've expressed in other threads... again.
Hey asshat, the difference is this generation's sports titles have gotten much better, from AI, to game modes, to realism, to finally getting sim type results. I get it, you love the Naughty Dog, that's nice, good for you. That doesn't change the fact that most of their games these days are direct sequels, Jax, Uncharted, and previously the Crash Bandicoot series. It's ok PSP you can like them, just don't get upset when others don't really care for their titles.

Tags
bluepoint games, nathan drake collection, naughty dog, uncharted