Prey Developer Human...
Last post by saulob
Yesterday 07:26 PM
10 Replies, 840 Views

Old 10-25-2019, 08:49 AM   #1
Jetherik
Editor in Chief

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

You know the drill - What are you playing this weekend?
Old 10-25-2019, 10:49 AM   #2
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I'll be playing The Outer Worlds. I'm having fun with it so far.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:49 AM   #3
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch

Modern Warfare with a side of Modern Warfare.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:26 PM   #4
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Well, I sunk about 3 hours into The Outer Worlds this morning, and I can't wait to get back home from work tonight to play some more.

It's kind of like Fallout New Vegas with sprinkles of Firefly.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:04 PM   #5
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Yeah Outer Worlds seems great. But there's no cross play. I played it on PC via Xbox Gamepass, then later went to sit on the couch and play more on the Xbox, and was surprised to find my save didn't sync across. I looked it up and confirmed there is no cross play, which is odd anymore. So I played:

Madden - last week I forgot to play prior to the Seahawks game. I have a routine that I must play the upcoming Seahawks game the day before on Madden - and win - in order for them to win on Sunday. Well I forgot and they lost. Can't let that happen again.

I also ended up getting COD and dude it's really good, just what I was hoping it would be. I know Blizzard are bitches, but COD is more of an Activision game anyways; even on the Battle.net launcher they separate it from Blizzard games, listed under a "partner games" section. Still annoys me a bit to even be messing with Blizzard stuff right now but it is what it is. And what it is is really good.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:11 AM   #6
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Watching Bethesda’s ongoing death spiral counter to Obsidian’s triumph is more fun than any game.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:10 AM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I grabbed The Outer Worlds on Xbox Games Pass and Modern Warfare on PS4. Amazon had delivery by 8 AM when I ordered it Friday night and it was here at 6:30 AM. GameStop can’t even beat that, they aren’t even open at 6:30 AM.

I’ll be checking it out in a few hours, though I’m hearing the campaign is pretty short.
Old 10-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #8
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I grabbed The Outer Worlds on Xbox Games Pass and Modern Warfare on PS4. Amazon had delivery by 8 AM when I ordered it Friday night and it was here at 6:30 AM. GameStop canít even beat that, they arenít even open at 6:30 AM.

Iíll be checking it out in a few hours, though Iím hearing the campaign is pretty short.
Yup, I'm looking at picking that up soon. But the next few weeks at least will be spent on The Division 2.

I'm loving it.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 04:38 PM   #9
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Ok I’m several hours into Outer Worlds and feel good so far. Before starting there are several necessary ini tweaks to disable the horrendous bloom, dof, and chromatic aberration effects which makes the graphics way better and plays smoother. First impression is they created an excellent hybrid of New Vegas for writing, KOTOR2 for level design, and Borderlands for color. So far so good. Runs great maxed out at 4k. Remapping controls was quick and easy. No crashes. Combat feels nice. No ingame dlc store. Someone went and made a complete game. What a fucking shock.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:16 PM   #10
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I grabbed The Outer Worlds on Xbox Games Pass and Modern Warfare on PS4. Amazon had delivery by 8 AM when I ordered it Friday night and it was here at 6:30 AM. GameStop canít even beat that, they arenít even open at 6:30 AM.

Iíll be checking it out in a few hours, though Iím hearing the campaign is pretty short.
Just bought it too downloading now. I heard its 30-40 hours, which is pretty standard really for open world RPG's. Reviews were solid and I have enjoyed many of Obsidian/Black Isle's games over the years. Should be a fun romp.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:23 PM   #11
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Still waiting for Call of Duty to finish installing 5 hours later.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:46 PM   #12
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Still waiting for Call of Duty to finish installing 5 hours later.
Still on 56k Evil?
Old 10-27-2019, 08:06 AM   #13
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Still on 56k Evil?
Itís the default hard dive in the PS4 Pro. Itís pretty slow. I would replace it with a SSD, but with the PS5 and Xbox coming out next Christmas I donít want to spend the money.

I played Modern Warfare for a few hours on Saturday. The main complaint that I see from online players is that people are hiding behind corners or claiming up onto the rooftops and just sniping people from the roof all match.

This is really true, I saw some of it and I did some of the ďcorner hidingĒ myself and got a lot of kills that way. I think there are already some cheats available on the PC, because I saw a lot of PC players who ďknewĒ you were right around a corner even when you werenít moving so there is no way they could have seen you on the mini-map.

I like the realistic mode with no HUD or mini-map. That was exciting. It felt like old school Quake Deathmatch. I would love to see a big-team battle done like that... where perhaps you can see the capture points on the map and nothing else unless you have the overhead radar thing up?

The campaign graphics are spectacular, but the story is somewhat confusing and kinda infested with SJW nonsense. The bad guys are non-demonational, not affiliated with any country or religion??? WTF. So, they are just ďgeneric terroristsĒ. Thatís stupid.

There was some bits where the Russianís are terrorists too. Again, that feels like it was lifted from some liberal headline.

But, that aside, the graphics are great the weapons are great. What I didnít like is the same problem you see in every Call of Duty campaign... it feels like you are mostly just ďalong for the rideĒ and the AI is really doing all the fun bits. They open most of the doors when you are breaching, they are always somewhere just ahead of you fighting. For a lot of the campaign you can just sit back and let the AI play the mission and you will win. You donít feel that much involved in it.

Itís a small nit-pick in an otherwise decent game with a lot of shooting and cool maps and locations. Iím not that far into it, but Iím hearing itís short so Iím probably further than I think after about 2 hours of playing on Hardened.

A good purchase, I think Iíll get a lot more game out of it than I did with Black Ops IIII which I pretty much never touched.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:04 AM   #14
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Itís the default hard dive in the PS4 Pro. Itís pretty slow. I would replace it with a SSD, but with the PS5 and Xbox coming out next Christmas I donít want to spend the money.

I played Modern Warfare for a few hours on Saturday. The main complaint that I see from online players is that people are hiding behind corners or claiming up onto the rooftops and just sniping people from the roof all match.

This is really true, I saw some of it and I did some of the ďcorner hidingĒ myself and got a lot of kills that way. I think there are already some cheats available on the PC, because I saw a lot of PC players who ďknewĒ you were right around a corner even when you werenít moving so there is no way they could have seen you on the mini-map.

I like the realistic mode with no HUD or mini-map. That was exciting. It felt like old school Quake Deathmatch. I would love to see a big-team battle done like that... where perhaps you can see the capture points on the map and nothing else unless you have the overhead radar thing up?

The campaign graphics are spectacular, but the story is somewhat confusing and kinda infested with SJW nonsense. The bad guys are non-demonational, not affiliated with any country or religion??? WTF. So, they are just ďgeneric terroristsĒ. Thatís stupid.

There was some bits where the Russianís are terrorists too. Again, that feels like it was lifted from some liberal headline.

But, that aside, the graphics are great the weapons are great. What I didnít like is the same problem you see in every Call of Duty campaign... it feels like you are mostly just ďalong for the rideĒ and the AI is really doing all the fun bits. They open most of the doors when you are breaching, they are always somewhere just ahead of you fighting. For a lot of the campaign you can just sit back and let the AI play the mission and you will win. You donít feel that much involved in it.

Itís a small nit-pick in an otherwise decent game with a lot of shooting and cool maps and locations. Iím not that far into it, but Iím hearing itís short so Iím probably further than I think after about 2 hours of playing on Hardened.

A good purchase, I think Iíll get a lot more game out of it than I did with Black Ops IIII which I pretty much never touched.
Ahh right I keep forgetting you don't really PC as much these days. The MW reboot looks gorgeous. If it drops to 20 or something in a year or so I'll pick it up for the SP Campaign.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:04 PM   #15
Booda
Beam another Blast

The Carrion demo is up on Steam. Short but really fun.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 08:57 PM   #16
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

The writing so far in The Outer Worlds is hilarious. They also poke fun of Mass Effect alot.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:17 AM   #17
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Okay. Im back. I cant quit you!

The Outer Worlds. Obviously. I've put several hours into it. It's what fallout SHOULD be. Fantastic, clever writing. Much smoother combat, carefully crafted maps, interesting characters. Take a hike, Bethesda.

By the way, Bethesda is now charging $12.99 a month or $100 a year for a "premium" membership for Fallout 76. Hahhhh! It's just too good.

Another fantastic game is Disco Elysium.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:39 AM   #18
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I pretty much spent all day Sunday in Outer Worlds and I’m definitely going to replay again. After so many years since Troika’s passing and New Vegas it felt like the only talent left was in Poland.