Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 09:48 AM
5,320 Replies, 1,188,112 Views

Old 11-12-2019, 08:18 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Disney+ Launches with Failed Connections & Disabled Shows

Quote:
Disney Plus opened its doors Tuesday — but some fans immediately encountered problems trying to access the streaming service.

Multiple users on social media said they had trouble signing in to Disney Plus when it first went live, while others said they had problems accessing specific content or using features (like setting up a watch list).

Irate users vented online, sharing screenshots of errors messages that said “Unable to connect to Disney+.” One of the error messages, appropriately enough, showed characters from Disney’s “Wreck-It Ralph” and “Ralph Breaks the Internet” movies.

One user complained they were unable to access the first episode of “The Mandalorian,” the live-action Star Wars series from Jon Favreau, which went live Tuesday. “Anyone else having problems watching The Mandalorian? Currently is the only thing I can’t watch,” the user tweeted. Another complained they weren’t able to watch the live-action “Lady and the Tramp” movie.

And others said they had very long wait times of an hour or more when they tried to call Disney Plus customer service after being frustrated at not being able to log in.

“It’s been over an hour and I’m still on hold,” user Alex Ball said on Twitter. “I try to sign in and it says call customer service. Waiting over an hour is ridiculous. You should have anticipated these problems and had enough customer support staff to not have to wait OVER AN HOUR!”

Technical problem reports about Disney Plus spiked after 6 a.m. ET, according to Ookla’s Downdetector.com. About two-thirds of the problems were related to video streaming, and about one-third were related to login issues.
Variety.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:12 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The opening episode of The Mandalorian is pretty much the pinnacle of what you can find on TV right now, but not having the entire season available to binge on launch day is a huge downer.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
RAV
Evil Dead

I was looking through some old childhood cartoons, and I have to say Gargoyles has aged so well, it is still a fantastic show.
Might even like it now more than ever. It should be on Disney's service, I think, so give it a shot, it's really good.

RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #4
TheHulk
Evil Dead

I didn’t have any problems. I enjoyed the Mandalorian but like Evil said having only the one show up is disappointing. I’ll probably cancel after my free week and rejoin to binge once all the episodes are out.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #5
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I don't know if this service offers enough for me to justify a sub. I'm over Star Wars, and super hero movies as well.
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:08 PM   #6
Terran
Evil Dead

No technical issues here, but I wasn't hitting F5 like a crack-addled junkie at launch like a lot of folks, either.

Got a three year sub with their pre-launch deal (really excellent price!) and we're all primed to use it in my household.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:13 AM   #7
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

I looked at my friends app to see what they have. I've already seen all the Marvel films...and everything else that I saw that I'm interested in aside from the Mandalorian.

I don't plan on signing up, for now.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:06 AM   #8
Booda
Beam another Blast

Breathable Oxygen Confirmed As Disney+ Exclusive
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:17 PM   #9
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

As a reminder, if you have Verizon Unlimited Data package (or something about Fios) you are eligible for 12 free months of Disney+.

Just go to your Verizon account and look through the first set of drop-downs for "Add-ons or Apps" it will tell you if you qualify. Also, they have a 6mo subscription to Apple Music available as well which you can unlock in the same place.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Really disappointed to see that this isn't coming to the PlayStation 3. I still use a PS3 for most of my streaming video and stuff like Netflix and Hulu. HBO dropped support for the PS3 a few months ago and that is when I dropped HBO.

They must realize there are still a metric ton of PS3's and 360's out there, right?
Old 11-13-2019, 06:30 PM   #11
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Really disappointed to see that this isn't coming to the PlayStation 3. I still use a PS3 for most of my streaming video and stuff like Netflix and Hulu. HBO dropped support for the PS3 a few months ago and that is when I dropped HBO.

They must realize there are still a metric ton of PS3's and 360's out there, right?
Exactly. I don't actually have a device to run it on now except the computer, which isn't ideal.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #12
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

I signed up a full year and everything works perfectly. Get better Internet, dweebs! Mainly got it for the insane Disney animated/CGI movie back catalog for my kids. And every Simpsons ever, that's like a $10,000 savings over DVDs.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:44 PM   #13
Booda
Beam another Blast

Disney+ Warns Subscribers Some Old Content May Feature White, Cisgendered, Heterosexual Males
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:33 PM   #14
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Dinosaur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the mandalorian