Yesterday 03:02 PM
15 Replies, 643 Views

Old 06-20-2019, 10:29 AM   #1
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

"Too Many Ideas" For DLC Inspired Zelda BOTW Sequel

Via Gamespot
Quote:
"When we released the DLC for Breath of the Wild, we realized that this is a great way to add more elements to the same world. But when it comes down to technical things, DLC is pretty much data--you're adding data to a preexisting title," Aonuma added. "And so when we wanted to add bigger changes, DLC is not enough, and thatís why we thought maybe a sequel would be a good fit."

"Initially we were thinking of just DLC ideas, but then we had a lot of ideas and we said, 'This is too many ideas, let's just make one new game and start from scratch.'"

Aonuma isn't the only returning member of the Breath of the Wild development team, as game director Hidemaro Fujibayashi is also back in that role. Nintendo has also said the developers were inspired by Red Dead Redemption 2.
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:34 AM   #2
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

EA - ethical

Nintendo - watch this
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:45 PM   #3
CthulhuFan
Subscriber

Cool. Re-use all the assets and use all the time to make a cool story for part two. Ultima Underworld meets BotW would be tits; you can mail my check ...
CthulhuFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #4
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

I love how Nintendo was like:

"Open world games, huh? Let me try...." *home run on first swing*

Can't wait to see how they improve/build with a sequel.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:50 PM   #5
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
I love how Nintendo was like:

"Open world games, huh? Let me try...." *home run on first swing*

Can't wait to see how they improve/build with a sequel.
They really did smash that shit out of the park. I'm curious though if they will be able to take it to the next level, or if it will be more of the same.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:43 AM   #6
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
They really did smash that shit out of the park. I'm curious though if they will be able to take it to the next level, or if it will be more of the same.
great point. They've got to fix the durability issue on their items, and give us a compelling story. If they do that, it'll be worth the price of admission. I hope they go the extra mile again. But we hold Nintendo to such high standards. It's masterpiece or bust. I think they'll pull through. Those guys know how to build a game. Crazy how long they've been around and what they can still accomplish when they put a good effort up. They're a weird wildcard. They;re capable of a grand slam or a disappointment. We expect a lot from them. Fuck Mario Tennis Aces. Put your shit to good use, Nintendo. When they're on, there's no comparison. When they're off, your're wondering why you invested in their hardware. They're so hot and cold. but they're capable of the pinnacle of the industry. It's Metroid Prime and Zelda Botw vs Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis Aces. They'er at war with themselves. They're a strange company. I respect their heritage and where they're going, but they need to do more. What's Nintendo's take on an open world racer or a survival horror? I'd like to find out.

Long live Reggie. His personality alone was gamer's treat. They need some consistency. But at the end of the day, I dont know how a true gamer doesn't respect the gameplay offerings they've tried to provide. It's been fun. It's just not good enough to sandbag on their IP anymore. They need to keep the momentum going. Let's see how that mainline pokemon turns out at the end of the year, and that fire emblem. What about a totally new Earthbound? Give it all to the fans or lose. They're a fun company to watch. It's 1 or 10 with those guys.

But I'll tell ya this. Nin...ten...do......

i want them to succeed. Because when they're on- they're on. They can crank it out of the park any moment with their games. I dare some jackass to tell me Metroid Prime wasn't a fucking masterpiece. Sure it wasn't perfect. But damn it captured that isolation so perfectly. That's a haunting and perfectly stellar game. We forget what we ask of Nintendo. We ask for perfection. But they deliver from time to time.

Ever watch some of the video of the the thought they put in to their games. It's insane. Every detail. Every ledge. Every mechanic. Everything is carefully considered. It's almost manic. It's an obsession for them. And that's why the fanboys obsess. You can't hide the quality behind special effects. It's a pure game. I respect their offerings a lot. Gameplay baby. They're still the masters. They've been for a long time.

Say it out loud. It almost sounds perfect. Nin-ten-do. It's still about gameplay. Gameplay? Yes.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 06-22-2019 at 01:29 AM..
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:40 PM   #7
EmoryM
Lord

Cool Sounds good!

I remember Miyamoto saying almost exactly the same thing about Super Mario Galaxy 2's development and that game turned out amazingly. If a motorcycle was within the scope of what they felt they could add to the original BOTW then the sequel might be nuts.
EmoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:16 AM   #8
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Emory, I'm glad you brought up Mario Galaxy 2. I was worried it would just be more of the same and be boring but I absolutely enjoyed the heck out of that game. So sometimes Nintendo does really hit a home run, even when it just looks like they're reusing assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
great point. They've got to fix the durability issue on their items, and give us a compelling story. If they do that, it'll be worth the price of admission. I hope they go the extra mile again. But we hold Nintendo to such high standards. It's masterpiece or bust. I think they'll pull through. Those guys know how to build a game. Crazy how long they've been around and what they can still accomplish when they put a good effort up. They're a weird wildcard. They;re capable of a grand slam or a disappointment. We expect a lot from them. Fuck Mario Tennis Aces. Put your shit to good use, Nintendo. When they're on, there's no comparison. When they're off, your're wondering why you invested in their hardware. They're so hot and cold. but they're capable of the pinnacle of the industry. It's Metroid Prime and Zelda Botw vs Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis Aces. They'er at war with themselves. They're a strange company. I respect their heritage and where they're going, but they need to do more. What's Nintendo's take on an open world racer or a survival horror? I'd like to find out.

Long live Reggie. His personality alone was gamer's treat. They need some consistency. But at the end of the day, I dont know how a true gamer doesn't respect the gameplay offerings they've tried to provide. It's been fun. It's just not good enough to sandbag on their IP anymore. They need to keep the momentum going. Let's see how that mainline pokemon turns out at the end of the year, and that fire emblem. What about a totally new Earthbound? Give it all to the fans or lose. They're a fun company to watch. It's 1 or 10 with those guys.

But I'll tell ya this. Nin...ten...do......

i want them to succeed. Because when they're on- they're on. They can crank it out of the park any moment with their games. I dare some jackass to tell me Metroid Prime wasn't a fucking masterpiece. Sure it wasn't perfect. But damn it captured that isolation so perfectly. That's a haunting and perfectly stellar game. We forget what we ask of Nintendo. We ask for perfection. But they deliver from time to time.

Ever watch some of the video of the the thought they put in to their games. It's insane. Every detail. Every ledge. Every mechanic. Everything is carefully considered. It's almost manic. It's an obsession for them. And that's why the fanboys obsess. You can't hide the quality behind special effects. It's a pure game. I respect their offerings a lot. Gameplay baby. They're still the masters. They've been for a long time.

Say it out loud. It almost sounds perfect. Nin-ten-do. It's still about gameplay. Gameplay? Yes.
Subtle, yet not so subtle trolling is the best trolling.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:38 AM   #9
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Emory, I'm glad you brought up Mario Galaxy 2. I was worried it would just be more of the same and be boring but I absolutely enjoyed the heck out of that game. So sometimes Nintendo does really hit a home run, even when it just looks like they're reusing assets.

Subtle, yet not so subtle trolling is the best trolling.
Massive dick sucking is trolling now? When did you become so sensitive Chief?
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:02 AM   #10
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
Looks like a mobile phone game...from 2009. lolololololol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:26 AM   #11
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Massive dick sucking is trolling now? When did you become so sensitive Chief?
Pretty much the exact reaction I was expecting.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:40 AM   #12
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Pretty much the exact reaction I was expecting.
You expected me to literally laugh out loud? Good on ya, got a good laugh outta that one.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo, zelda botw 2