Speedcross Update Coming...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 12:05 PM
2 Replies, 428 Views

Old 10-09-2017, 08:35 PM   #1
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Star Wars The Last Jedi Trailer #StarWars #TheLastJedi

Watch the new trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi and see it in theaters December 15th.
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:37 PM   #2
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

Gonna be awesome, people gonna die!
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:18 PM   #3
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

I'm sure there will be plenty of negativity, but I'm pretty excited for this one.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:21 PM   #4
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

It's a good looking trailer for sure!
Old 10-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #5
Terran
Evil Dead

Here's hoping!

That it doesn't suck as bad as I expect...
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:36 PM   #6
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
It's a good looking trailer for sure!
Its like 144,000 wall posters. It does look good but for some reason it feels like movies have started to overproduced themselves into a corner. I dunno. Every frame having to be perfect has to limit what you do creatively.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:47 PM   #7
MadMurdock_0311
Soul Reaper

While I'm already a bit pessimistic about this movie, I'll be skipping this trailer and any future movie info.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:45 AM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Looks great to me, I’m starting to get a soft spot for the new movies. I didn’t think they were great, but they were so far above Episode 1 - 3 that I think I’ve been a little harsh on them.

It’s Star Wars! Until someone at Paramount pulls their head out of their asses and starts to make good Star Trek films, this is all we have.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:14 AM   #9
shadow763
Lord of Woe

I really am not a fan of Han's son. He just sounds so whiny whenever he talks. But looks like it could be entertaining. I will skip all future trailers until it drops.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:24 AM   #10
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Looks great to me, I’m starting to get a soft spot for the new movies. I didn’t think they were great, but they were so far above Episode 1 - 3 that I think I’ve been a little harsh on them.

It’s Star Wars! Until someone at Paramount pulls their head out of their asses and starts to make good Star Trek films, this is all we have.
The last couple Star Trek films have been more space action movies with the Star Trek logo on them. I haven't been much of a fan either, lets get back to exploring and dealing with the new things that the new worlds have to offer!
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:00 AM   #11
DeadPixel
Evil Dead

Definitely excited for this. I want more lightsaber fights this time around. Can never have enough of decent lightsaber fights.
DeadPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:33 AM   #12
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Looks so much better than the last trailer. Definite rental.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #13
MusicToEat
Evil Dead

I'm looking forward to this, but wish I'd have skipped this trailer. Seems like way to much info was given out. That last clip has to be the end of the movie...
MusicToEat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:58 AM   #14
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post
The last couple Star Trek films have been more space action movies with the Star Trek logo on them. I haven't been much of a fan either, lets get back to exploring and dealing with the new things that the new worlds have to offer!
Star Trek was always a moral drama, the characters often had to make moral choices set in somewhat silly "worlds" all of which looked like some version of earth. With a few fist-fights.

The new versions, some of them directed by action-movie directors, have all looked like lower budget versions of Star Wars.

You can't turn Star Trek into Star Wars. That just isn't working. They need to get back to the tense naval style combat of Star Trek II, set inside of some kind of moral dilemma. I think their casting is good, but they aren't giving those actors anything to work with.

In the last Star Trek movie, Captain Kirk saved the universe with music from white rappers. The only moral dilemma there is if you want to kill yourself afterwards because our entertainment media has obviously hit a low point.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:03 AM   #15
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The trailer kinda hints that Rey will become Evil and that is a great story idea, but I really don't trust Disney to go that direction with it.

For that to happen, we would need Finn to become the real "Last Jedi" and it would kinda cream Disney's whole "MaRey Sue" marketing strategy. I would love to see them take that kind of a chance with the story, but I doubt it will happen. The trailer is probably just framed to make the movie seem different than it is.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #16
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
The trailer kinda hints that Rey will become Evil and that is a great story idea, but I really don't trust Disney to go that direction with it.

For that to happen, we would need Finn to become the real "Last Jedi" and it would kinda cream Disney's whole "MaRey Sue" marketing strategy. I would love to see them take that kind of a chance with the story, but I doubt it will happen. The trailer is probably just framed to make the movie seem different than it is.
Finn will never be a Jedi; he's not Force-sensitive. Ain't gonna happen.

The popular theory right now is that Ben/Kylo and Rey will end up swapping places. They could also possibly end up joining together and completely eschewing the Light/Dark stuff, instead opting for "Grey". Either way, Luke is the "Last Jedi", for the time being.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #17
Terran
Evil Dead

[QUOTE=Evil Avatar;2495026]The trailer kinda hints that Rey will become Evil and that is a great story idea, but I really don't trust Disney to go that direction with it. /QUOTE]

Don't "trust" or don't expect them to send Rey to the dark side? Because I don't see any way in hell that they're risking their perfect heroine with that kind of story line, despite the potential for an amazing story, so I don't expect it. I trust they could do it, but don't expect it at all.

Nope. Absolutely no way. Disney doesn't take those kinds of risks, do they?
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:49 PM   #18
Booda
Beam another Blast

[QUOTE=Terran;2495042]
Quote:
The trailer kinda hints that Rey will become Evil and that is a great story idea, but I really don't trust Disney to go that direction with it. /QUOTE]

Don't "trust" or don't expect them to send Rey to the dark side? Because I don't see any way in hell that they're risking their perfect heroine with that kind of story line, despite the potential for an amazing story, so I don't expect it. I trust they could do it, but don't expect it at all.

Nope. Absolutely no way. Disney doesn't take those kinds of risks, do they?
Is she really that big of a deal?

Despite Promises, Rey Will Be Left Out of ‘Star Wars’ Monopoly Due to ‘Insufficient Interest’
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:34 PM   #19
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

[QUOTE=Booda;2495054]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Funny that they drag that on and on and then leave this for the very end, lol.

Quote:
the company claims it’s interest from retailers, not consumers
Old 10-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #20
MusicToEat
Evil Dead

Quote:

It hints (actually pretty much shows) that after being trained by Luke she's going to be trained by Kylo, and be the one that Anakin was supposed to be. The one to bring balance to the force.
MusicToEat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
star wars