0 Replies, 182 Views
GreedFall Release Date...
Last post by ElektroDragon
Yesterday 04:15 PM
8 Replies, 755 Views

Old 05-23-2019, 05:44 PM   #21
Terran
Evil Dead

I think I'm going to like it. I have a soft spot for Arnold all the way back to Conan. He's just been in so many films/roles I've enjoyed. I hate watching my generation of stars getting older, but I'll join them on the ride til the sun sets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:04 PM   #22
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

The Terminator story is stupidly simple. Terminator 3 wrapped up the series nicely and there is no reason for more of these.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:18 PM   #23
Azzy
Cthulian

This is going to be terrible.
The only way that people won't say this is terrible is when they say shit like, "I've always loved.." and "I finally get to see.." and "I've waited so long for..".
All of that is trite shit and I hope those See-No-Evil jackasses will at least own up to it being an actual bad movie.
Being romantic or reminiscent or sentimental doesn't mean a movie is worth defending or paying for. Fan fic does that shit way more often and often times better than this cash grab bullshit.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:21 PM   #24
Azzy
Cthulian

Also, Grandma Hamilton looks like shit. She just has short, clean hair and expensive sunglasses. She's deflated.
And I fucking bet the Arnie cameo is some shit like, "Oh you're the guy they based the Terminator off of huh?" or some shit. Defending an aging T is about as insulting as that shit gets.
That is, of course, unless he's living in a cabin in the woods with Alyssa Milano.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:20 AM   #25
Juan
Evil Dead

Looks like generic 'cgi action spectacular' garbage. How can you possibly write a good script when you have stupid restrictions like you have to contrive reasons for having a robot growing old just so you can have arnie in the movie?

99% chance what you get is PG13, middle of the road garbage that all the marvel crowd will still support and claim it was 'fun' or a 'popcorn flick'.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:33 AM   #26
Meusli
Subscriber

Why does Sarah Conner look like Katie Hopkins?
Old 05-24-2019, 07:38 AM   #27
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Also, Grandma Hamilton looks like shit. She just has short, clean hair and expensive sunglasses. She's deflated.
And I fucking bet the Arnie cameo is some shit like, "Oh you're the guy they based the Terminator off of huh?" or some shit. Defending an aging T is about as insulting as that shit gets.
That is, of course, unless he's living in a cabin in the woods with Alyssa Milano.
After Captain Marvel, they really should have de-aged Arnold for his part. Now, Sam Jackson has aged pretty good so it wasn't as big of a leap as making Arnold look like he did in the 80's, but I think I would rather watch plastic-CGI "Princess Leia"-Arnold than "Pops".
Old 05-24-2019, 07:45 AM   #28
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Every Terminator movie besides the first one heavily relied on CGI, I'm not sure why anyone is shocked by this trend continuing. Hamilton looks REALLY old, she apparently didn't age all that well. It can't possibly be as bad as Genesis at least, or maybe it can who knows.

As for the couple people comparing the CGI to the PS2.. lol you forget how shitty the graphics were on the PS2 seriously.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:49 AM   #29
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

The over the top stuff is ridiculous, they don't need over the top. I don't need two planes flying into each other lol. Some of this in the trailer is good, some of it is very bad. Sigh.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:45 AM   #30
GunFister
Peon

Heh... If you y'all think Hamilton looks bad in the trailer, you should see what the hell she looks like BEFORE all the make-up, lighting adjustments, CG touch-ups, etc.

GUNFISTER

< In Case Of Emergency: Kick-Ass >
Old 05-24-2019, 10:10 AM   #31
walstib
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
The Terminator story is stupidly simple. Terminator 3 wrapped up the series nicely and there is no reason for more of these.
yeah have to agree. thought - despite its problems - T3 wrapped it up. you can't stop judgement day.

-

everytime I see that image on this post i cringe. she looks absolutely silly. almost like murphy brown as sarah conner. ha - would make for some interesting dialog written in the style of that show...
walstib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:40 PM   #32
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Herminator!

This is supposed to be the real "Terminator 3", ignoring all movies other than the first 2. So how is Arnold supposed to be in the world then?
Old 05-24-2019, 05:49 PM   #33
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Herminator!

This is supposed to be the real "Terminator 3", ignoring all movies other than the first 2. So how is Arnold supposed to be in the world then?
Exactly, unless we're just going to use the excuse the metal didn't burn his flesh or T800 skeleton?

or even worse, it did burn his skin....and.... the skeleton regrew his skin....

So many dad signals.

the only part I like was the mixing of the two machines, liquid metal and a skeleton under it, however.....

getting to the cast... diversity and feminism in terminator isn't going to bring in all the minorities, especially for a IP this old, not to mention primary cast being of a different ethnicity, and older, along with most people wanting to see it.... not caring for feminism.

if it were just old, or just a different ethnicity maybe, but feminism sprinkled on top.... hah

hard to tell who the target audience is with this, it's like they want everyone to see it, but please no one in attempting it.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:55 PM   #34
Terran
Evil Dead

Willing suspension of disbelief. Have y'all forgotten how to just have some damn fun at the movies? This will be fun!

Going to see John Wick tomorrow with my sweetheart.* Lunch first (Zoe's...nice fru fru food for her, bonus points for me!).

* My wife, ya bastards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:09 PM   #35
Chief Smash
Subscriber

I share your favoritism for Arnold Terran but it only goes so far.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:13 PM   #36
Azzy
Cthulian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
A... I think I would rather watch plastic-CGI "Princess Leia"-Arnold than "Pops".
Yes. This.

Tags
terminator dark fate