PUBG Performs Badly on...
Last post by wunshot
Today 12:13 PM
23 Replies, 1,862 Views

Old 11-10-2017, 05:57 AM   #1
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

L.A. Noire Official Nintendo Switch Trailer

Click the headline to watch the trailer.

Via Rockstar Games
Quote:
In just under one week, L.A. Noire arrives for the Nintendo Switch. See it in action now with today's official trailer.

Amid the post-war boom of Hollywood’s Golden Age, newly-minted officer Cole Phelps embarks on a desperate search for truth in a city where everyone has something to hide.

Investigate crimes from the darker side of 1940’s Hollywood at home or on the move with L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch - featuring contextual touch screen controls for portable detective work, a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic controls, HD rumble and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles.

L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch includes the complete original game plus all additional downloadable content, and will be available in-store and digitally via the Nintendo eShop on November 14th.
BeardedSonOfNel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:57 AM   #2
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

BeardedSonOfNel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:29 AM   #3
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Nice. Rockstar on a Nintendo console. That's a first. Hopefully it's a foot in the door for more games. Square Enix and Bandai Namco have both just recently said they plan to release a bunch of titles on the Switch in light of it's success. Both have exclusives in development for the Switch. I think the console will see a lot more 3rd party support going forward. Publishers seemed weary of doing much with the Switch because of the failure of the Wii U, so I think they needed time to see some install-base success. Having a fully portable version of games like LA Noire is a pretty enticing reason to go back to them. Rocket League drops on Tuesday. That game is made for mobile. Doom is out. Wolfenstein is coming. Hulu actually just appeared on the Switch, which lines up well with me getting their live TV package. The Switch is starting to earn it's weight.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #4
Lutheran
Dreadnought

Great game but the price is very prohibitive IMO. Though I did just buy Doom for the 2nd time so I could play it on the go with my Switch. Plays real good, looks fine for the most part.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #5
MadMurdock_0311
Soul Reaper

Weird choice of game to bring to the Switch. I mean, it really wasn't a big hit despite all the hype. Regardless, I'm glad that Devs are more eager to bring titles to the Switch, because it is an awesome console.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:23 PM   #6
NightRain
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Nice. Rockstar on a Nintendo console. That's a first. Hopefully it's a foot in the door for more games. Square Enix and Bandai Namco have both just recently said they plan to release a bunch of titles on the Switch in light of it's success. Both have exclusives in development for the Switch. I think the console will see a lot more 3rd party support going forward. Publishers seemed weary of doing much with the Switch because of the failure of the Wii U, so I think they needed time to see some install-base success. Having a fully portable version of games like LA Noire is a pretty enticing reason to go back to them. Rocket League drops on Tuesday. That game is made for mobile. Doom is out. Wolfenstein is coming. Hulu actually just appeared on the Switch, which lines up well with me getting their live TV package. The Switch is starting to earn it's weight.
Rockstar has been on Nintendo any times before n64, gamecube, wii, gamenoy color, gba, ds, maybe others

My GamerTag
NightRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #7
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Phoenix Wright with driving isn't as fun as just plain ol' Phoenix Wright. Not a good choice by R* for a debut title.
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:33 AM   #8
Rommel
International Playboy

I played a few hours of L.A. Noir waiting for the game to start. Eventually I figured out it was a quasi-adventure talking simulator and uninstalled.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:46 AM   #9
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
I think that 3rd parties were definitely waiting for the installed user base to increase on the Switch, but tehre is also still the problem of "Only Nintendo makes money on Nintendo platforms", which was the position of Electronic Arts years ago. I think we can all agree that it's because Nintendo's games are leaps and bounds better than the competition. But publishers don't really care to see it that way. All they know is that they have 2 or 3 megaton games per year that they can't counter-program against.

I think we will have to see some proven success on the part of 3rd parties for 3rd parties to finally be comfortable releasing games on Nintendo hardware.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:33 PM   #10
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
I played a few hours of L.A. Noir waiting for the game to start. Eventually I figured out it was a quasi-adventure talking simulator and uninstalled.

Same, i wish they would have left out the detective stuff and made it a GTA game.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:35 AM   #11
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I think that 3rd parties were definitely waiting for the installed user base to increase on the Switch...
Well, the current number of Switches out there in households matches what the PS4 had by this time in it's lifecycle...so, they'd better shit or get off the pot.

Quote:
...but tehre is also still the problem of "Only Nintendo makes money on Nintendo platforms", which was the position of Electronic Arts years ago. I think we can all agree that it's because Nintendo's games are leaps and bounds better than the competition. But publishers don't really care to see it that way. All they know is that they have 2 or 3 megaton games per year that they can't counter-program against.
That mentality really started to take hold during the Gamecube era, but became "reinforced" with the Wii. I have a had time blaming Nintendo for the success of their games when every offered by other publishers is shovelware garbage.

Publicly-traded companies don't typically admit when mistakes were made, though. They just "refocus their efforts" or "adjust their strategies".

Quote:
I think we will have to see some proven success on the part of 3rd parties for 3rd parties to finally be comfortable releasing games on Nintendo hardware.
Third parties are already scrambling to get software out there and onto shelves, so I think most of them are starting to see they need to move now. EA is still one of the holdouts...but, they also don't really have anything worth playing at this point, really.

What's helping with third-party publishers this time around is the fact that game design for the Switch is pretty straightforward; they don't have to worry about multiple screens at all and motion controls - while available - don't have to be mandatory.

Tags
la noire, nintendo, nintendo switch