Star Control: Origins...
Last post by Drake_NS
Today 12:24 AM
4 Replies, 443 Views

Old 08-07-2015, 12:01 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Ready Player One Movie Get December 15,2017 Release Date #ReadyPlayerOne

The Speilberg produced movie based on Ernie Cline's Ready Player One is going to be taking you to alternate worlds on December 15th, 2017.

Quote:
Based on "Ready Player One," the first novel by "Fanboys" screenwriter Ernie Cline. In the near future, outcast teenager Wade Watts escapes from his bleak surroundings by logging in to the OASIS, a globally networked virtual utopia where users can lead idyllic alternate lives. When the eccentric billionaire who created the OASIS dies, he offers up his vast fortune as the prize in an elaborate treasure hunt. Along with gamers from around the world, Wade joins the adventure, and quickly finds himself pitted against powerful corporate foes and other ruthless competitors who will do anything, in the oasis or the real world, to reach the treasure first.
Thanks, comingsoon.net
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:19 AM   #2
Deus Equus
Soul Reaper

/squeeeee
I wonder what they'll do for the duration he has that job? Seems like that part could be kinda slow... needed but slow.

Hopefully this film will be everything that Pixels could have been. Now we wait for news about the casting.
Deus Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:56 AM   #3
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

Between this and Dark Tower Im having a hard time trying to control my expectations! haha

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:00 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADxMrMike View Post
Between this and Dark Tower Im having a hard time trying to control my expectations! haha
It is a great time for geek movies. The summer blockbusters are all Sci Fi / Horror / Superhero movies and TV has been taken over by Zombies and Fantasy series.

There isn't any real information about this or the Dark Tower to get excited, but I suspect that since geek movies are the in-thing right now that they will both be great.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:09 AM   #5
rubbishfoo
Evil Dead

They could make something really special for those of us who grew up in the 80s w/ this one.

Hope it portrays itself as well as the book.

/crosses fingers
Old 08-08-2015, 11:41 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbishfoo View Post
They could make something really special for those of us who grew up in the 80s w/ this one.

Hope it portrays itself as well as the book.

/crosses fingers
I think it will do great if they can stick to all the 80's geek stuff, but I wonder how some things will translate to the screen. How much of the public really knows about the Tomb of Horrors and how many people care about War Games? (Not sure I understand the authors love for that movie, I find it unwatchable.)

They might need to swap out some things for stuff that is still 80's, but more popular. Can you imagine if they swapped out War Games for Back to the Future???
Old 08-09-2015, 12:45 AM   #7
Deus Equus
Soul Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
... and how many people care about War Games? (Not sure I understand the authors love for that movie, I find it unwatchable.)
Did you get to see Wargames in theatres when it came out? I did and it has a special place in my nostalgic heart. Sure it hasn't exactly aged well, and may come off as really simplistic to someone out of its time, but it is actually the single most powerful movie for taking me back to the heyday of home-computing.

Home computers were around then but they weren't ubiquitous yet. This movie captures that time of birth... god I love the sound of Broderick's low-baud rotary modem connection... it's like Pavlov's dog for me... makes me all warm and fuzzy for a simple command prompt and a copy of Byte magazine.
Deus Equus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ready player one