Yesterday 10:45 AM
0 Replies, 173 Views

Old 09-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry - Gameplay Trailer

Click on the Headline for the Trailer!
Quote:
Hey ladies, I’m back in business! My new adventure, Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don’t Dry, takes me – whatever the route or twist of fate – from the end of the ’80s directly to the 21st Century and wow, how the world has changed! While my view of the world and women from way back in the 1980s collides with modern reality harder than the breasts of a lusciously stacked blonde jogging along a beach, I’m all set to date my way across the modern world!

In a point & click adventure I’d call typical for the genre we mutually experience how I fall head-over-heels in love with Faith, the hot-to-trot assistant to the boss at Prune, a technology enterprise successful worldwide. Since even dating is done digitally nowadays, the first thing I have to do is to work on my score at Timber, the totally hip, can’t-get-anywhere-without-it dating app where I date women, satisfy their needs, and accordingly pick up points for my Timber profile. And whenever I get a chance in between, always briefly check out a few new bikini pix at Instacrap – the 21st century is gnarly smill!
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:31 PM   #3
Exodus
Evil Dead

Surprised a game like this even gets funding with how our online society is today.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:08 AM   #4
_-Psycho-_
Reaper

I loved the old games. So much fun. However I won't be sitting down at my PC to play this. It would fit much better on my iPad, and I would have bought it, had they made an iOS version.
_-Psycho-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:19 AM   #5
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by _-Psycho-_ View Post
I loved the old games. So much fun. However I won't be sitting down at my PC to play this. It would fit much better on my iPad, and I would have bought it, had they made an iOS version.
Their last game, which was a remake of LSL 1, eventually came out on android, so I assume it's also on Apple.

I really enjoyed that last remake, and I enjoy Al Lowe's humor. I'll definitely be buying this.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:03 AM   #6
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
Surprised a game like this even gets funding with how our online society is today.
There really isn't that much difference.

What surprises me is there is even going to be another game after one of the top people that made the remake turned out to be a pedophile and Al Lowe essentially swore off making more games after that debacle. Is he even involved in this one?
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:17 AM   #7
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1985 View Post
There really isn't that much difference.

What surprises me is there is even going to be another game after one of the top people that made the remake turned out to be a pedophile and Al Lowe essentially swore off making more games after that debacle. Is he even involved in this one?
Now that you mention it, I think I remember something about the pedophile thing. However, I give up. If I got the rap sheet on every person in every credit roll of every movie, TV show, or game, I'm sure I'd be disgusted. Unless I can make some kind of specific correlation to a specific thing in a piece of media, I seriously can't think about it. I have to live, and enjoy things. If a crazy shitbag contributed to something that I end up enjoying, I guess I'll have to live with that, and ignore it; or hope I never know about it.

Also, I don't know if Al Lowe is involved, I just assumed he was. I'm sure I could look it up, but I'll let that information find me. As of now, I just want to play another LSL game.

Have you heard about the pedophile guy that was cut from The Predator? Olivia Munn brought him to light. There's a weird thing about that one; he apparently never did anything, but he did try to online, as he admitted in 2010. He served 6 months in jail. So I am left with a strange conundrum: he served his time and admitted what he did; should he be allowed to work again? Part of me says yes, obviously. But what about Munn and the others? Should they have been told that they were working with a convicted sex offender? And if they were notified, then should he have been allowed or denied? It's a strange situation. I honestly don't know the answer. The best scenario I can think of is I guess to tell the coworkers about him, and see if they're okay with it. But who would want to accept that, whether it be in a Starbucks or a movie? If my job hired a convicted pedophile, I would think he's a bitch. I wouldn't like him immediately. But then how is that person supposed to live?

Again, I give up. I'll just play LSL. I'll watch The Predator. At least they cut his scene out. Fuck him, but I also think he served his sentence and needs to find a way to live. So...I give up. I'm not paid to figure this out.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:52 PM   #8
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
Now that you mention it, I think I remember something about the pedophile thing. However, I give up. If I got the rap sheet on every person in every credit roll of every movie, TV show, or game, I'm sure I'd be disgusted. Unless I can make some kind of specific correlation to a specific thing in a piece of media, I seriously can't think about it. I have to live, and enjoy things. If a crazy shitbag contributed to something that I end up enjoying, I guess I'll have to live with that, and ignore it; or hope I never know about it.

Also, I don't know if Al Lowe is involved, I just assumed he was. I'm sure I could look it up, but I'll let that information find me. As of now, I just want to play another LSL game.

Have you heard about the pedophile guy that was cut from The Predator? Olivia Munn brought him to light. There's a weird thing about that one; he apparently never did anything, but he did try to online, as he admitted in 2010. He served 6 months in jail. So I am left with a strange conundrum: he served his time and admitted what he did; should he be allowed to work again? Part of me says yes, obviously. But what about Munn and the others? Should they have been told that they were working with a convicted sex offender? And if they were notified, then should he have been allowed or denied? It's a strange situation. I honestly don't know the answer. The best scenario I can think of is I guess to tell the coworkers about him, and see if they're okay with it. But who would want to accept that, whether it be in a Starbucks or a movie? If my job hired a convicted pedophile, I would think he's a bitch. I wouldn't like him immediately. But then how is that person supposed to live?

Again, I give up. I'll just play LSL. I'll watch The Predator. At least they cut his scene out. Fuck him, but I also think he served his sentence and needs to find a way to live. So...I give up. I'm not paid to figure this out.
Well, in this case it seemed like it was a more active thing, as I recall.

But I really would love to see more games by Al Lowe in particular. And hopefully more of his sax playing.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:04 AM   #9
Marticus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by _-Psycho-_ View Post
I thought the Apple App store doesn't allow "adult" content.
Marticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:01 AM   #10
AlfredT
Evil Dead

I can't believe they didn't do a title parody of what dreams may come...

this seems perfect.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:29 AM   #11
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
But what about Munn and the others? Should they have been told that they were working with a convicted sex offender? And if they were notified, then should he have been allowed or denied?
1. No. The man has a right to privacy in his professional life, unless his profession involves working with children or relates in some way to his conviction. A more strict policy would be that he shouldn't be hired on to a job where contact with children is probable, but that depends on the offender disclosing their conviction or a background check. A less strict policy would be that he wouldn't be allowed to be present on days when children are present, assuming the offender disclosed. Failure to disclose is, again, instant termination.

In any case the ignorance of others is to make a non-factor something that should be a non-factor.

The entire production does not need to know every detail about every other member of the production to do their job.

2. Let's say that the right thing to do is to inform the co-workers. If his co-workers are professional, they will factor in that information and adjust behavior on-set accordingly. Probably not going to be friends since the social stigma around being a convicted sex offender goes without saying. Allowing the actors to deny involvement of themselves or threaten the production due to a fact about one of the crew who may or may not be involved with them personally grants undue influence on the actors.

I reflect WizzKidd's sentiment of exhaustion on how much vetting you would need to do to insure a sanctimonious production. We need a certain amount of ignorance about everything around us just to get through the day. However, if we are not ignorant to some fact which would cause us to behave differently, we should take appropriate and measured action.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:36 PM   #12
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
Oddly, I don't think the SJWs ever complained about a Leisure Suit Larry game, only about not being "represented". They got what they wanted with The Last of Us 2, the game made by SJWs for SJWs. I just hope the bulk of the audience realizes this and it bombs.

Tags
leisure suit larry, wet dreams don't dry