Nicolas Cage Breaks Down...
Last post by hellcinder
Today 12:52 AM
7 Replies, 602 Views

Old 04-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

NBC Fires Producer Over Edited Zimmerman 911 Call

Yahoo! News is reporting that NBC News fired a producer for editing a recording of George Zimmerman's 911 call.

Quote:
A producer for NBC News has been fired for editing a recording of George Zimmerman's call to police the night he fatally shot Trayvon Martin.

The New York Times is reporting that "the person was fired on Thursday, according to two people with direct knowledge of the disciplinary action who declined to be identified discussing internal company matters."

The dismissal of the Miami-based producer, whose name has not been publicized, followed an internal investigation by NBC, which led to the network apologizing earlier this week for having aired the deceptive audio.

The recording aired on NBC's "Today" show on March 27, when the audio viewers heard suggested that Zimmerman volunteered to police, without provocation, that Martin was black: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."

But the tape had been edited, and the portion where the 911 dispatcher specifically asks Zimmerman if the person in question was "black, white or Hispanic," was deleted.

The conversation that actually occurred between the dispatcher and Zimmerman is as follows:

"This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about." Then the dispatcher asked, "O.K., and this guy — is he white, black or Hispanic?" To which Zimmerman replied, "He looks black."

After that phone call on the night of Feb. 26, Zimmerman fatally shot Martin. The 17-year-old Martin was unarmed, and Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer in Sanford, Fla., told police he fired in self-defense after Martin attacked him.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
randir14
Subscriber

There have also been a few cases of media outlets brightening Zimmerman's picture in Photoshop to make him look "more white". Just type his name into Google image search and you'll see what I mean. I don't support either Zimmerman or Martin yet, but it's clear the media is trying to sensationalize the story.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

This whole story is media driven. This is really a nothing story. Some guy shot some other guy... so what? Last weekend in Phoenix we had something like 4 or 5 shooting deaths including the death of a 20-something mother of four whose body was dumped in a cemetery.

There are so many much worse crimes that happen nationwide on a daily basis and yet the death of a small time black hood who attacked some random mexican guy in Florida is the story the media wants to focus on?

If you can't find news... manufacture it by editing the tape!
Old 04-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
Mazzicc
Evil Dead

I don't "support" either of them specifically. What baffles me about the whole thing is that Zimmerman was never even under suspicion until after the media firestorm.
Mazzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
Mazzicc
Evil Dead

Evil, the problem is that he told the police that he shot Martin, and was never brought in for questioning, and has not faced any ramifications for what could potentially be an illegal killing, as opposed to the self-defense story he fed the police.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
Bludgums
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzicc View Post
Evil, the problem is that he told the police that he shot Martin, and was never brought in for questioning, and has not faced any ramifications for what could potentially be an illegal killing, as opposed to the self-defense story he fed the police.
The "story he fed the police" may turn out to be true. Two different videos of Zimmerman show him without scars from an attack, and another with.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/geor...artin-16053206
Bludgums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
This whole story is media driven. This is really a nothing story. Some guy shot some other guy... so what? Last weekend in Phoenix we had something like 4 or 5 shooting deaths including the death of a 20-something mother of four whose body was dumped in a cemetery.

There are so many much worse crimes that happen nationwide on a daily basis and yet the death of a small time black hood who attacked some random mexican guy in Florida is the story the media wants to focus on?

Well I don't think it's quite that easy in that they just manufactured news. Obviously this "story" loosely fit the parameters that the media was looking for: a black teen killed by a "white" hispanic. People continue to try to create some sort of racially motivated murder when apparently the cops seem to agree (thus far) that Zimmerman was assaulted by the guy prior to shooting him. Hence no charges being made following the incident. Also to put things in in perspective if Zimmerman is a "white" hispanic then Obama is a "white" African-American.

The United States has such a problem where if you are not white and something does not go your way it's deemed racism in action. Is there still racism? Obviously there is. It goes every single way as well... against blacks, whites, every group. Even Tyler Perry recently claimed he was pulled over by two white cops whom were racially motivated (ignoring that he readily admitted that he had made a lane change he knew was illegal). Obviously the evil forces of racism have held back Tyler Perry from any success here in the US.

I believe American culture as a whole is going to shit and has been for a very long time now. Every single American apparently has to be put into a different group because of their skin tone and that is what people actually seem to want. African-Americans? Do you have dual citizenship to some African country? No? Then your a fucking American. Your either a citizen of the United States or not. Applications should not ask you your ethnic background because why does it even matter? That just promotes racism... either for or against any group.

I'm ashamed that the "young people" of the United States have turned into a group of whiny, self centered group that simply believes everything should be handed to them and if they don't get what they want then somehow the system screwed them. The President of the United States, like him or not, came up from a less than wealthy background yet managed to go through all of these Ivy League schools and later of course was elected to what is considered the most powerful position in the world and is a millionaire. So while the media and other talking heads want to cry that the United States is some racist mine field towards anyone other than a "white person"... look who is President.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
He was never questioned? There is video of him arriving in handcuffs at the police station. It is undisputed that Zimmerman gave the police some sort of story. Then the police apparently decided that his story was supported by the evidence and did not charge him.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #9
Mazzicc
Evil Dead

I never saw a video of him in handcuffs. The story as I've read it was that he was questioned at the scene, claimed self-defense, and never brought in.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
I never saw a video of him in handcuffs. The story as I've read it was that he was questioned at the scene, claimed self-defense, and never brought in.
Incorrect.. He was cuffed and taken to the police station that night. That has always been the story although shoved aside in favor of going after more sensational parts.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...0,498809.story
Old 04-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Plus, there was at least one witness and their story matched Zimmerman's story. Since then, the Police reports have been released and they also support Zimmerman's story.

This is really looking like a case where the anti-gun liberal media saw the word "unarmed" and saw it as an opportunity to attack the gun laws using Black "leaders" to enrage the black community.

It's kind of a disgusting situation, since the family of this kid was totally played by both the media and liberals.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
Mazzicc
Evil Dead

It appears there was a misunderstanding at somepoint about him being taken in, but it is true that he has not been arrested, merely questioned, which I think is surprising given that he admitted to shooting him. I don't know what the legal standing and procedures on self-defense claims are though.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,3452783.story
Old 04-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #13
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Plus, there was at least one witness and their story matched Zimmerman's story. Since then, the Police reports have been released and they also support Zimmerman's story.

This is really looking like a case where the anti-gun liberal media saw the word "unarmed" and saw it as an opportunity to attack the gun laws using Black "leaders" to enrage the black community.

It's kind of a disgusting situation, since the family of this kid was totally played by both the media and liberals.
Actual I believe it was unarmed black man shot by some dude named Zimmerman. Which is why they constantly point out that he is a white/latino mix. They want it to be racial and think that they can make this big sensational story out of it.

Mazzicc - Florida has what they call a "stand your ground" law which essentially says you can defend yourself if you feel threatened. Up to and including killing your assailant. I dont know anything more specific than that though. No idea if that's what really happened but that's what the police referenced when they said they weren't going to arrest him.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #14
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
Actual I believe it was unarmed black man shot by some dude named Zimmerman. Which is why they constantly point out that he is a white/latino mix. They want it to be racial and think that they can make this big sensational story out of it.
The race thing has been hilarious all along because Zimmerman is Jewish & Hispanic. He isn't "white" at all.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #15
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

The sad part is that neither person's ethnicity should matter. All the should matter is someone was killed and it should be verified if it was a just killing or not.

Unfortunately what we have is the media and political figures trying to paint the picture that someone that is "white" stalked and killed a child simply because he was black.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #16
blackzc
Evil Dead

If i was jewish and sexed up a hispanic babe my kid would look just zimmerman as a gown adult.

Dont watch the news, they lie.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #17
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:

You're politics are showing.

As much as you'd love to write it off in your "not even remotely the truth" scenario, the reason this is news is because the hole ountry is surprised that you can apparently shoot someone to death and not get arrested. Politics and race crap aside, I think most people were blown away by this.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #18
inscribed
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
You're politics are showing.

As much as you'd love to write it off in your "not even remotely the truth" scenario, the reason this is news is because the hole ountry is surprised that you can apparently shoot someone to death and not get arrested. Politics and race crap aside, I think most people were blown away by this.
Yes, believe it or not, the world is not full of marshmallows and rainbows, and actions do carry consequences. Threaten someone's life and it can carry lethal consequences.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #19
Cygnus
Evil Dead

But zimmerman is not a hispanic last name. It is jewish. While his mother is from peru, his father is not. That is why his dad never shows his face. The male carries the seed not the woman. It amazes me how the clueless media keep making this (intentional?) error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
There have also been a few cases of media outlets brightening Zimmerman's picture in Photoshop to make him look "more white". Just type his name into Google image search and you'll see what I mean. I don't support either Zimmerman or Martin yet, but it's clear the media is trying to sensationalize the story.

I support Johan's support of my support of his support of the OWS movement.
Cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #20
Cygnus
Evil Dead

The question is whose life was actually threatened? Zim was told to not follow martin. He clearly disobeyed orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inscribed View Post
Yes, believe it or not, the world is not full of marshmallows and rainbows, and actions do carry consequences. Threaten someone's life and it can carry lethal consequences.

I support Johan's support of my support of his support of the OWS movement.
Cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote