The story of Thrill...
Last post by karaliusbronius
Yesterday 11:02 AM
7 Replies, 1,003 Views

Old 07-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

The Dark Knight Rises - Official Trailer #4

"The Dark Knight Rises" in theaters July 20.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

I cannot wait to go see this once it is out in IMAX. I saw Batman Begins as my first actual 'movie' in IMAX (I've been to the Liberty Science Center here in New Jersey a ton of times, and they have the largest IMAX screen in the country. But it's just general nature/science videos they play).

I've since gone and saw Dark Knight in IMAX and will finish this one off the same way. I don't think it will compare to the beast of a film the second one is, it's still going to finish things off good. I've at least enjoyed the work he's done with his other films, probably The Prestige the most, to trust that no matter what since he was given free reign, that this will be an enjoyable as fuck. It's kind of sad to see him finish off the Batman movies. He gave it a whole new life compared to the last two disasters (Tim Burton's, while different, where much more of some comic-book world come to life).
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
Azrael
Evil Dead

Looking forward to this, really enjoyed the first two. Think it'll be good just a little concerned about Bane being the bad guy, think it'd just be hard to pull off.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #4
Elysium
Evil Dead

Have you seen the prologue? That was most definitely "pulled off".
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
KingFire
Reaper

I will not watch
I will not watch
I will not watch
I will not watch
I will not watch
I will not watch
KingFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
Anenome
Autarchist

Old 07-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

I just can't get excited for this one.

I hate Bane, especially what I've seen of Nolan's version; he's a character that should have never been touched by someone who insists on treating things a little too realistically...which brings me to my biggest peeve about Nolan's series.

I'm tired of the realistic approach to Batman films.
Batman Begins was fantastic by default compared to it's predecessors, but it seemed to maintain just enough comic book science and logic to still remain fun. The Dark Knight was also great, although it never once felt like a comic book in any way, shape or form...and loaded to the brim with contrivances and plot holes all in the name of moving the plot forward. The pacing was intentionally breakneck, making it hard to pick up on them...but I digress.

I'm tired of plausible. I'm tired of "realistic". As a concept, Batman inherently implausible and unrealistic. Most of his Rogue's Gallery are equally over the top and I'd love to see them in film. I want to see Mr Freeze done properly. I want to see Killer Croc and Clayface.

I'll be glad when Nolan's time at the helm is over.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
If it weren't for Nolan, there would be no helm.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
I just can't get excited for this one.

I hate Bane, especially what I've seen of Nolan's version; he's a character that should have never been touched by someone who insists on treating things a little too realistically...which brings me to my biggest peeve about Nolan's series.

Batman Begins was fantastic by default compared to it's predecessors, but it seemed to maintain just enough comic book science and logic to still remain fun. The Dark Knight was also great, although it never once felt like a comic book in any way, shape or form...and loaded to the brim with contrivances and plot holes all in the name of moving the plot forward. The pacing was intentionally breakneck, making it hard to pick up on them...but I digress.

I'm tired of plausible. I'm tired of "realistic". As a concept, Batman inherently implausible and unrealistic. Most of his Rogue's Gallery are equally over the top and I'd love to see them in film. I want to see Mr Freeze done properly. I want to see Killer Croc and Clayface.

So you prefer all comic-based movies to go back to being completely implausible and overall terrible is what you're saying (whether you realize it or not). Batman is a far more "realistic" hero than a vast majority of comic book heroes.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
LilAbner
Evil Dead

Liam Neeson is in this. How epic would it be if a resurrected Ra's Al Ghul was pulling all the strings in this one?

Romans 6:23
LilAbner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
So you prefer all comic-based movies to go back to being completely implausible and overall terrible is what you're saying (whether you realize it or not). Batman is a far more "realistic" hero than a vast majority of comic book heroes.
That's not what I'm saying. At all.

I'd prefer to see a Batman movie along the lines of the latest Spider-Man or any of the Marvel-helmed movies; very much a comic book movie without being "completely implausible and overall terrible". I'd like to see a film that embraces its roots without becoming the ridiculous sideshow the Schumacher...or, dare I say, the Burton films were.

Batman is entirely unrealistic; while it's physically possible to become as physically capable as the character, his career would last three to five years, maximum. Realistically, he'd probably die within the first two.

Try picking up a issue of any of the Batman books; inside, you'll find stories that are very much rooted in comic book science and logic. Try watching the DCAU series and movies or look at Rocksteady's games for serious takes on the subject that maintain the comic book style and overall feel. I'd like to see the movie series use these as examples instead of the tired, overly realistic approach.

Bane is wearing a mask that provides him with a vaporous analgesic. Instead of a venom-infused, brilliant psychopath we get...a brilliant psychopath with a funny mask that pumps vaporous Tylenol into his system.(Yes, I know analgesics are pain killers in general, not just OTC stuff.)

Awesome.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #12
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAbner View Post
Liam Neeson is in this. How epic would it be if a resurrected Ra's Al Ghul was pulling all the strings in this one?
I would love that; it would essentially undo much of what is making me tired of the Nolan series.
It would make it feel a bit like a comic book again.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #13
Metal Khaos
Evil Dead

Quote:
Bane is wearing a mask that provides him with a vaporous analgesic. Instead of a venom-infused, brilliant psychopath we get...a brilliant psychopath with a funny mask that pumps vaporous Tylenol into his system.
So what, you want to see Bane done like he was in Batman and Robin film?

I'm not going to pass any judgement until I've seen this film. Even if they're more 'realistic' than people like, they're not even good comic book films, they're just good films in general.

I'd rather see this being too realistic than going back to the super crap fest we got with Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. Maybe afterwards we'll get another terrible reboot like the new Spiderman film to make everyone else happy.
Metal Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #14
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

These Batman movies have been amazing, if you dont like the approach, that is cool. Everyone has their opinions, but lets face the fact, the box office doesn't lie
SaintBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #15
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Khaos View Post
So what, you want to see Bane done like he was in Batman and Robin film?

I'm not going to pass any judgement until I've seen this film. Even if they're more 'realistic' than people like, they're not even good comic book films, they're just good films in general.

I'd rather see this being too realistic than going back to the super crap fest we got with Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. Maybe afterwards we'll get another terrible reboot like the new Spiderman film to make everyone else happy.
No, I want to see Bane done like he was in the comic books, not the travesties Schumacher graciously gave to us. Like I've been saying the entire time.
I love everyone's reading comprehension.

I loved the first two films, but I'm tired of the realistic approach to an unrealistic world and concept.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #16
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:

I'd prefer to see a Batman movie along the lines of the latest Spider-Man or any of the Marvel-helmed movies; very much a comic book movie without being "completely implausible and overall terrible". I'd like to see a film that embraces its roots without becoming the ridiculous sideshow the Schumacher...or, dare I say, the Burton films were.
That's exactly what Nolan's films were, lol.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #17
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
No, I want to see Bane done like he was in the comic books, not the travesties Schumacher graciously gave to us. Like I've been saying the entire time.
I love everyone's reading comprehension.

I loved the first two films, but I'm tired of the realistic approach to an unrealistic world and concept.
And this won't be Schumacher's version, obviously... are you delirious?
Old 07-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #18
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
After Batman Forever, I can't believe you're saying this.
Quote:
I'm tired of plausible. I'm tired of "realistic". As a concept, Batman inherently implausible and unrealistic.
Completely disagree. Batman's charm is that the character doesn't appeal to impossibilities such as super-powers or alien intervention. Sure the bad-guys begin stretching what's possible, but Batman as a character itself tries very hard not to.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:37 AM   #19
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

I dont think what he understands what he is asking, he is actually getting, and that he is jumping to conclusions on something that isn't already out.

Batman is the most "real" superhero. And is the Batman Noire, Bane is actually a perfect villian. Most just associate Bane with his physique, which is fair seeing most people judge by look first. But Bane is actually a genius. His physique is actually second to his brain. This is perfect for Nolan's Batman, he doesn't have to explain or go the route of explaining Venom to them. Or any of that comic book crap, that he can just go in and show that Bane is a genius. It makes sense.
SaintBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #20
divinechaos
Plays Rock Band naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
These Batman movies have been amazing, if you dont like the approach, that is cool. Everyone has their opinions, but lets face the fact, the box office doesn't lie
So I should treat Twilight as an Oscar winner movie? Got it.

Tags
the dark knight rises