Metal Jesus in JAPAN -...
Last post by PacerDawn
Today 09:25 AM
19 Replies, 961 Views

Old 05-01-2019, 08:37 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Pure Evil - Hot in the City

With the return of the 100+ degree weather you are going to start seeing more car accidents from people who are hot and tired and just want to go home.

Yes, I got hit today by some Goober who tried to go around me on the drivers side, scraping the living heck out of the entire side of his 4-door Jeep and then he hit someone else on the drivers side at the same time. It's like the perfect storm of bad luck for that guy.

I'm getting away with a little fender scrape they can just sand out and paint and a cool story to tell. This guy is going to have to explain why his damage is so bad on one side and worse on the other.

Ouch.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:46 PM   #2
Inkabodcrane
Subscriber

Yuck, that would piss me off, if not for the damage, then for the simple inconvenience of it all. Luckily I've never been in an accident, so far *knock on wood*

Glad your okay dude, try and keep cool in that inferno!

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:33 AM   #3
Azzy
Cthulian

I guess accidents, where the fault lies in people being hot, are definitely more prone when it's hot out, but I'd have to say that I think the snowbirds cause WAY more traffic issues than people being hot and tired.

Your guy sounds like one of those assholes who's in a gas station on a right hand corner and trying to exit with a left.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:48 AM   #4
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

I love when you park at the rear of a car park, knowing that your car is so nice and tidy, only to return to find someone parked next to you.

?
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:42 AM   #5
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead

Exact reasons why I have a dual camera setup with parking mode on my daily. Too many dumb fucks and scammers.
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:39 PM   #6
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

That blows monkey ass chunks!
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:44 PM   #7
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:43 PM   #8
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostblaze View Post
Exact reasons why I have a dual camera setup with parking mode on my daily. Too many dumb fucks and scammers.
Getting there. People do stupid shit *all the time* on the roads. Microcosm of American self-interest versus the welfare of all. I guess that also explains setting up all kinds of evidence gathering devices because any issue immediately becomes litigious, another seemingly American quality.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:03 PM   #9
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
Getting there. People do stupid shit *all the time* on the roads. Microcosm of American self-interest versus the welfare of all. I guess that also explains setting up all kinds of evidence gathering devices because any issue immediately becomes litigious, another seemingly American quality.
As if anyone anywhere else is any different, shut the fuck up you communist little toad.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:30 PM   #10
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I too have a camera now to mount in my car. I got into an accident where someone didn't let me exit out of a roundabout when I had right of way and, though the still pictures were pretty clear, a camera would have made it impossible for them to even argue it wasn't their fault.

I lived in Florida and the snowbirds were definitely a problem in more ways than one. However this late in the year I'm not sure snowbirds are a huge problem in the South. May is about the time when a lot of them start heading back up North.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:29 AM   #11
reborn2603
Subscriber

I saw your post yesterday and later in the evening, a dude reared into me in the parking lot. The guy saw he hit me, stood there for a second and then bailed. Jokes on him, the parking lot had cameras so it's a police matter now.

While insurance will cover the cost for the fix it still bugs the hell out of me because I had just gotten that car a month ago.
reborn2603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:00 AM   #12
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
As if anyone anywhere else is any different, shut the fuck up you communist little toad.
I think Russia started the whole film everyone thing cuz everyone in the RU is drunk on vodka and russian.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:06 AM   #13
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredT View Post
I think Russia started the whole film everyone thing cuz everyone in the RU is drunk on vodka and russian.
Agreed that Russia was the first big place to start filming everything while driving. I've heard it's due to the sheer amount of chicanery in how people behave after accidents and the widespread corruption in the police force.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:12 AM   #14
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
This is the state of the game we are at in life. It's a must have.
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:04 AM   #15
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Agreed that Russia was the first big place to start filming everything while driving. I've heard it's due to the sheer amount of chicanery in how people behave after accidents and the widespread corruption in the police force.
I was gonna say, there's a reason why 99% of all of the crazy dashcam videos on YouTube are from Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborn2603 View Post
I saw your post yesterday and later in the evening, a dude reared into me in the parking lot. The guy saw he hit me, stood there for a second and then bailed. Jokes on him, the parking lot had cameras so it's a police matter now.

While insurance will cover the cost for the fix it still bugs the hell out of me because I had just gotten that car a month ago.
10 years ago, I got rear-ended while stopped for a school bus. The impact did a great job of fucking up my trunk, but the best part was the fact that I had bought the car brand-new a mere six days prior. I hadn't even had the damn thing for a week. Fortunately, it was impossible for it to be a hit-and-run; the guy who hit me totaled his vehicle. His engine looked like it had been puked out of his car.

It took the body shop at least a month - if not nearly two - to repair everything.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:55 AM   #16
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
10 years ago, I got rear-ended while stopped for a school bus. The impact did a great job of fucking up my trunk, but the best part was the fact that I had bought the car brand-new a mere six days prior. I hadn't even had the damn thing for a week. Fortunately, it was impossible for it to be a hit-and-run; the guy who hit me totaled his vehicle. His engine looked like it had been puked out of his car.
My previous car got rear ended 6 days after I purchased it. They had to replace the entire bumper cover at a cost of $1000 to the other driver's insurance and they did a shit job of painting the new bumper (I should have taken it back, but I was pissed about the whole thing and didn't want to deal with it any more.)
Old 05-03-2019, 08:19 PM   #17
Terran
Evil Dead

I was rear-ended two months ago while sitting in traffic less than a mile from arriving at work. Dumbass hit the gas rather than the brake, destroying my beautiful Lexis IS-300, the most fun car I've ever driven in my entire life. Eighteen year old car in mint freaking condition, owned by my family alone, completely wrecked. No amount of money can replace it.

But I did get a lot of money, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:40 PM   #18
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Ouch, you have terrible taste in cars.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:46 PM   #19
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
Yuck, that would piss me off, if not for the damage, then for the simple inconvenience of it all. Luckily I've never been in an accident, so far *knock on wood*
REALLY?? I survived our car hydroplaning out of control when I was a kid (twice!), then after I started driving my car skidded on black ice and plowed into a snowbank breaking my wiper fluid tank, then later I plowed into the back of a Jeep and crumpled my hood in stop and go traffic because some idiot cop left a police motorcycle with like 50 lights flashing on the side of the road and distracted me. Then my stupid real estate agent made a dumb joke on speakerphone so shocking I literally ran off the road and scraped my front fender. Not to mention the time I was backing up WITH A CAMERA in a cramped Kirkland parking garage and cracked my rear bumper on a pole.

And you've never been in an accident?! Just.... WOW! And the crazy thing is I drive hardly at all.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:49 PM   #20
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Ouch, you have terrible taste in cars.
Drive one! They are a lot of fun. A lot of power in a tiny car and it looks like a Frog.

Tags
pure evil