Last post by RAV
Yesterday 03:11 PM
31 Replies, 3,093 Views

Old 05-11-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Weekend TV Watching!

Would you stay put or climb up?

Started off my weekend viewing with a re-watch of Watchmen after seeing the new trailer for HBO's Watchmen TV series and then I picked up the Dark Knight Trilogy on Blu-ray. Hard to imagine I didn't already own these given the stacks of movies that I have. I started watching them in order last night, getting through Batman Begins.

This afternoon, we went to see Detective Pikachu. Fun movie. The kids seemed to like it a lot.

Over the weekend I'll be catching up on What We Do in the Shadows, I'm three episodes behind and I just started watching the new Netflix series, The Society. It seems a little "TV"ish, but people on twitter seem to like it so I'll give it a while to see if it grows on me.

What are you planning to watch this weekend? Just waiting for the new Game of Thrones or something else???
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:55 PM   #2
Terran
Evil Dead

I'm watching The Wandering Earth. Apparently it's a huge blockbuster out of China that has quietly dropped onto Netflix. I found out why it's been so 'quiet' in its release...it's just not good. The special effects are pretty capable, but the entire premise is utterly ridiculous and the cycles of conflict/resolution in the film to maintain tension are uninteresting. "Open the pod bay doors, HAL." It's just a bad B-level import.

After that, GoT, GoT, GoT. Let's get it over with, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:14 PM   #3
Booda
Beam another Blast

GoT of course. I'm really hoping they can stick the landing next weekend so the entire final season isn't a total flop but needless to say I'm not expecting that to happen. Really hope they prove me (& most of the other fans) wrong.

It's not showing over the weekend but I'm really looking forward to the second episode of Chernobyl Monday night. The first episode last week was the best one hour of tv I've watched in a long time. Almost seems like a sci-fi terror series expect that it really happened of course. Highly recommend it.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:09 PM   #4
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I'll be catching The Mule at some point this weekend.

BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:39 PM   #5
Inkabodcrane
Subscriber

I still need to watch American Gods season 2. I know once I press play I won't be able to stop.

I never finished the Office back in the day, I quit watching when Michael Scott left. So I started from the beginning a month or so ago and am almost at the end. I still get some good laughs but the Michael Scott character was the best thing in the show.

Tomorrow of course I'll watch GoT and Barry.

I fell off of the Walking Dead but I have it all on DVR, and I heard that the last season was better than it has been in awhile, so eventually I want to check it out and see how they handled Ricks exit.

A side note: I really enjoyed the Netflix series "The Haunting of Hill House" last fall when it came out. It still crosses my mind frequently, so I am looking forward to the next season, don't know how they can continue it.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:00 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
I still need to watch American Gods season 2. I know once I press play I won't be able to stop.
I had to snag those from a pirate site since I don't have Stars, and for some reason the audio doesn't play on my PlayStation 3, so I've only watched two episodes so far on my iPad and they were both great. It's a killer show. Less gay sex this season so far. Ha! (As Seinfeld would say... not that there is anything wrong with that.)

I got caught up on Walking Dead, like the comics, the Negan war and the Whisperers war were both pretty dull overall. The comics kinda ran out of steam at some point, it's still a great comic. The show is pretty decent. It's certainly something I don't mind waiting till the whole season is out to watch.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:48 PM   #7
Inkabodcrane
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I had to snag those from a pirate site since I don't have Stars, and for some reason the audio doesn't play on my PlayStation 3, so I've only watched two episodes so far on my iPad and they were both great. It's a killer show. Less gay sex this season so far. Ha! (As Seinfeld would say... not that there is anything wrong with that.)
Ha, I agree with you and Seinfeld. I don't really prefer to watch gay genie sex. Good for those characters and all, but fade to black already

Go Against the Flow.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:49 AM   #8
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Started to watch 'Warrior' and will be seeing Pika Pika later.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #9
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I'm watching The Wandering Earth. Apparently it's a huge blockbuster out of China that has quietly dropped onto Netflix. I found out why it's been so 'quiet' in its release...it's just not good. The special effects are pretty capable, but the entire premise is utterly ridiculous and the cycles of conflict/resolution in the film to maintain tension are uninteresting. "Open the pod bay doors, HAL." It's just a bad B-level import.

After that, GoT, GoT, GoT. Let's get it over with, please.
Bro....I got the torrent version of that. It literally has the most fucked up nonsensical subtitles in the history of Chinese movies. Took a bad movie and made it so terrible it was kinda good.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:29 PM   #10
Terran
Evil Dead

I need to finish it. I had to stop when they were talking about setting off an explosion on Jupiter to propel Earth away from its orbit. I just...I...I...omg, I couldn't, lol. It was sooooo bad.

But I'm going to finish it. Like an opening band for the main act (GoT later!), it will help me appreciate GoT all the more.
Quote:
Old 05-12-2019, 05:08 PM   #11
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
I need to finish it. I had to stop when they were talking about setting off an explosion on Jupiter to propel Earth away from its orbit. I just...I...I...omg, I couldn't, lol. It was sooooo bad.

But I'm going to finish it. Like an opening band for the main act (GoT later!), it will help me appreciate GoT all the more.
I gave it up when the kid smashed the wall and the entire planet started to crumble. Do yourself a favor and find the torrent with the subs. You'll laugh your ass off.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:40 PM   #12
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I am going to watch The Mule and a little more Game of Thrones (on season 7 now).

The Pokemon movie is the only thing released this week that stands a chance of doing well against Endgame, I hope it does. I think the super well known IP teamed with Ryan Reynolds voice and attitude will take it a long way.

I was disappointed to hear they stripped out almost all of the faith based parts of Tolkien's life from the movie. He was incredibly spiritual, and his writing was based a lot in that spirituality. But the creators sanitized it all. What a shame.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:48 PM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

Game of Thrones...lulz.

Crazy!

Best tweet I read on the episode:

"Congratulations to King's Landing on their upcoming infrastructure week"

All the feminists triggered by this episode are going to be sooooo much fun.
Quote:
Old 05-12-2019, 08:55 PM   #14
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I haven't seen it yet. Not till tomorrow morning while I do the Weekly Release List.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:13 PM   #15
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
All the feminists triggered by this episode are going to be sooooo much fun.
Thatís probably my favorite thing about this episode.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:35 PM   #16
Inkabodcrane
Subscriber

I was starting to worry it was getting too predictable. They really had two choices on the way to proceed with this. They took the path I was hoping for, so this was great!

Go Against the Flow.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:33 AM   #17
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Decent Episode tonight, but I couldn't help but feel like nothing was at stake. With only one episode left, it didn't really matter who won and who lost. The big battle was with the Night King and that was kinda mush because of the whole Arya Ex Machina thing at the end.

The one thing I keep hoping is that now that the TV show is over, that George RR Martin will get batshit crazy with the books and go off in all kinds of weird directions and twists and turns.

It could happen, right?

Tags
weekend tv watching