Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Geek Love > Totally Off Topic

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
id Software Crunched...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:37 PM
12 Replies, 409 Views
Nioh 2 Story Trailer,...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:36 PM
1 Replies, 2 Views
Every Half-Life Game Is...
Last post by Sensei-X
Today 07:34 PM
7 Replies, 368 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 07:15 PM
5,814 Replies, 1,291,580 Views
Xbox Series X - Just as...
Last post by ElektroDragon
Today 04:04 PM
29 Replies, 1,146 Views
HBO's Controversial...
Last post by Chief Smash
Today 01:11 PM
42 Replies, 1,995 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 07:48 AM
244 Replies, 74,228 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 05:50 AM
12 Replies, 812 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2019, 04:37 PM   #5121
RAV
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 483
Our education system went too far left before that, with unreasonably tight control. Which is the reason people then looked for alternatives, and all floodgates broke open. It's been shown that corrupt gatekeeping is as much a problem as anything.

But nothing about our situation now is particularly special or dramatic.
It's always been tense. Most of all it's been much more catastrophic in the past.
We still live in the best times ever. We might just not know right now what to do with it.
So there is a renegotiation taking place. Testing out boundaries. It's kinda childish in that sense.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:38 PM   #5122
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimbrel View Post
I'm glad to see the racists and anti-semitic morons haven't learned anything. You jackasses are still good for a laugh. Thanks.

Eats and Vallor, good luck, but these pieces of shit are beyond redemption. They believe every conspiracy theory that comes their way, get their information from the most biased and ill informed sources, and they are too stupid to think rationally or critically about anything they come across. Ever notice SpecialThumper's 3rd grade writing style that matches his education and thinking? It's not a coincidence. I'd guess almost anybody that stupid is desperate for somebody to blame for going through life as an incel failure.
Guy who gets his news from CNN and the like talking about biased sources. In reality land anyone with a brain knows the MSN including Fox is completely untrustworthy at this point, but you moron regressives still cling to it like it's gospel from God himself. There's a reason people call most liberals low IQ and low information voters.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #5123
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
Our education system went too far left before that, with unreasonably tight control.
The text books are all approved by Texas. Remember that big movement for intelligent design because evolution was too liberal? It is weird how that whole movement disappeared. Did conservatives just decide evolution is ok now? It kind of seems like all the anti gay stuff is finally going out the window too. In another decade it will just be gone I guess.

Or do you mean universities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
But nothing about our situation now is particularly special or dramatic.
It's always been tense.
It is definitely way worse now then it was 10 and 20 years ago. Barely anyone will work across the aisle anymore, and there are a lot more crazy people calling for civil war then there ever used to be.

Congress has been getting less productive every year as everything descends into full gridlock.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #5124
RAV
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 483
Thinking more universities, but by this point schools probably, too. Poeple are ill prepared for life. Starting with expectations.

Yeah, I'm thinking in broader historical terms. The 10 to 20 years before is nothing in the greater scheme of things. A brief respite that accidentally happens from time to time. It's probably unreasonable to expect that to be the norm. Unfortunately. I miss those times. But might even be the case that it was too relaxed, which lead to the current tension.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #5125
RAV
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Remember that big movement for intelligent design because evolution was too liberal? It is weird how that whole movement disappeared. Did conservatives just decide evolution is ok now? It kind of seems like all the anti gay stuff is finally going out the window too. In another decade it will just be gone I guess..
Well, people are now educated in stuff like Gender Theory and that communism solves all problems. Before the last couple years or so hardly anyone even knew anymore about the atrocities of 20th century socialism. That stuff isn't taught anymore, since it's all focused on Colonialism.

So all those weird speech codes and stuff we got definitely accelerated the shifts we got now.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:23 PM   #5126
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
Well, people are now educated in stuff like Gender Theory and that communism solves all problems. Before the last couple years or so hardly anyone even knew anymore about the atrocities of 20th century socialism. That stuff isn't taught anymore, since it's all focused on Colonialism.
This is just not true. What I mean is I'm sure this exists and you can find these people, but they do not represent the average experience, and mostly normal history is still being taught. Though if we are being real, most people in college barely even take history classes anyway. History is taught mostly in middle and high school. I only remember taking one history course total and I have a masters. Unless you are a history major you barely take any, and if you are a history major you take a very wide range of classes that cover a lot.

There are fringe majors that cover things the way you are suggesting, but they make up a tiny % of the student body, and just grab headlines with their extremism. Bringing me back to youtube/facebook/etc. These fringe people and their insane views are focused on, but do not really represent the electorate. This drives division.

I do agree that people are not prepared adequately for life though. That is a hard problem to deal with though, because school is mostly a one size fits all situation that doesn't reflect the large diversity in the student body and what they will go on to do.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:39 PM   #5127
RAV
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 483
It's been infecting many more courses, since a lot of it has been politicized. It's hardly possible to go through the humanities without being confronted with lopsided politics weaved in. Courses on Art, creative writing, journalism... they often even make taking additional courses compulsory. Most of these people then flood media, with the given mission to spread their message. And in my personal experience of everyday life, most liberals I spoke with in various places know about Hitler from all that, but never heard about Stalin until five years ago. And even now they got that info only via off-beat channels at best.

There are very basic skills to life that anyone needs that are not taught anymore.
Might also be a parenting issue, that seems a bigger problem than ever.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:38 PM   #5128
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,359
A good replacement for Drudge for conservative folks, considering Drudge's growing TDS, lol, and continual linking to liberal paywall shitholes:

Bongino Report.

You might also try:

Whatfinger.

Cheers! Enjoy the show; it's a BLAST!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:28 PM   #5129
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Chief Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,438
It’s not a perfect Drudge replacement but Rantingly links to some good stuff too.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:11 PM   #5130
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,254
Because your news sources should only tell you news you want to hear that reinforce your opinions I guess. Wouldn't want to go outside of your bubble and get triggered you precious little snowflakes.

Last edited by Eats; 12-06-2019 at 02:11 AM..
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:38 AM   #5131
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,359
Someone just got



lolol. The irony of your post is delicious.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:28 AM   #5132
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Because your news sources should only tell you news you want to hear that reinforce your opinions I guess. Wouldn't want to go outside of your bubble and get triggered you precious little snowflakes.
LOL oh the fucking irony, pathetic.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:45 AM   #5133
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Chief Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Because your news sources should only tell you news you want to hear that reinforce your opinions I guess. Wouldn't want to go outside of your bubble and get triggered you precious little snowflakes.
Your lack of self awareness is both legendary and hilarious.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #5134
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,254
I read lots of news sources on the right and left. I don't just read news that confirms my opinions and keeps me in a little safe space like Terran does apparently.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:50 PM   #5135
Booda
Beam another Blast
 
Booda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Streets of Dis
Posts: 1,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I read lots of news sources on the right and left. I don't just read news that confirms my opinions and keeps me in a little safe space like Terran does apparently.
That must mean that you're in the "No Malarkey Zone".

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Look at the "guns blazing" avatar and how direct his attempts to stir the pot are.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:01 PM   #5136
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I read lots of news sources on the right and left. I don't just read news that confirms my opinions and keeps me in a little safe space like Terran does apparently.
Triggered progtard knows nothing about what I read. I don't marinate my brain in looney lefty propaganda, but I do know it when I see it.



Are you feeling traumatized?
Is Orange Man Bad bullying you?
Are you mansplaining here? You should stop!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #5137
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Triggered progtard knows nothing about what I read. I don't marinate my brain in looney lefty propaganda, but I do know it when I see it.

Are you feeling traumatized?
Is Orange Man Bad bullying you?
Are you mansplaining here? You should stop!
lol, I'm not the one who needs to hide from news sources I disagree with because I need a little safe space echo chamber.

Drudge report is fine, and it was fine when it sided with Trump in 2016 too. If you can't handle news that challenges your viewpoint then what is the point of reading news in the first place? It is just whatever lies are needed to justify your already held personal beliefs.

If you already decided your hypotheses were true and discard any evidence that challenge them then why even read the news at all?
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:55 PM   #5138
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
lol, I'm not the one who needs to hide from news sources I disagree with because I need a little safe space echo chamber.

Drudge report is fine, and it was fine when it sided with Trump in 2016 too. If you can't handle news that challenges your viewpoint then what is the point of reading news in the first place? It is just whatever lies are needed to justify your already held personal beliefs.

If you already decided your hypotheses were true and discard any evidence that challenge them then why even read the news at all?
Actually you've outright dismissed sources before because they were MSM enough or "Lefty sanitized" enough for you. Can't have it both ways despite you progressive morons trying to have it both ways.

TLDR stop talking out of your asshole for once.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:24 PM   #5139
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Blah blah blah dreck drivel blah blah.
Concern-Troll is concerned, lol. The Internet has been amazing at breaking the stranglehold the liberal media propagandists have had on what is 'news' and what isn't. You'll just have to deal with losing the ability to con Americans into believing your trash, like three years of 'muh Russia' bullshit.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:53 PM   #5140
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Actually you've outright dismissed sources before because they were MSM enough or "Lefty sanitized" enough for you. Can't have it both ways despite you progressive morons trying to have it both ways.
I've said that the news sources were unreliable/propaganda and you shouldn't have a lot of faith in them. There was no time period now or in the past where drudge report didn't link to shady blogs.

The only thing that has changed is that there are now a combination of anti and pro trump stories, but you babies can't handle that I guess.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:42 PM.