Today 01:39 PM
14 Replies, 423 Views

Old 05-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

For Activision, WW2 Ends Call of Duty's YouTube Dislikes Nightmare

Eurogamer has the story.

Quote:
Last year, Activision brushed off a troubling warning sign that Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare might end up not working out as well as the mega publisher hoped.

The reveal trailer for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare was disliked to hell and back - so much so that it ended up as the most disliked video on YouTube. At the time of publication, it had an incredible 3.5m dislikes. Ouch.

Infinite Warfare, of course, did come out and disappoint, not just from a fan perspective, but from an Activision perspective, too.

Fast forward to May 2017, and it looks like Activision's YouTube dislikes nightmare is over, with this year's game, Call of Duty: WW2 already going down much better.

The Call of Duty: WW2 trailer has just over 900,000 likes and 82,000 dislikes, which is an almost 10:1 like to dislike ratio.

Compare this to the Infinite Warfare reveal trailer, which has a 1:7 like to dislike ratio.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Old 05-08-2017, 06:19 PM   #3
Rommel
International Playboy

It's almost like people don't dislike videos because of some weird conspiracy or hated-fueled agenda but instead because it's their way of voicing their reaction to the presented content was genuinely negative. But that CAN'T be true. Maybe the likes are coming because EA stopped funding homosex or whatever their cloying claim was when, after years of accusations of sweat shop labor conditions and driving beloved studios into the ground, they won the--Oh wait! This is Activision, not EA fuck EA. Does Activision fund homosex? They don't? They give money to veterans?!

'MURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRICA!

And now it all makes sense. Except this post. This post makes no sense.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context

Last edited by Rommel; 05-08-2017 at 07:03 PM..
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:01 PM   #4
Sammael
Nope, nope. Not this time

I actually liked infinite warfare. The campaign was a lot of fun.

Biggest Ranger Fan on EA!!!!!!!!
Lets go Rangers!!!!
Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:25 PM   #5
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
It's almost like people don't dislike videos because of some weird conspiracy or hated-fueled agenda but instead because it's their way of voicing their reaction to the presented content was genuinely negative. But that CAN'T be true. Maybe the likes are coming because EA stopped funding homosex or whatever their cloying claim was when, after years of accusations of sweat shop labor conditions and driving beloved studios into the ground, they won the--Oh wait! This is Activision, not EA fuck EA. Does Activision fund homosex? They don't? They give money to veterans?!

'MURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRICA!

And now it all makes sense. Except this post. This post makes no sense.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:49 AM   #6
Skunk
Evil Dead

I mean but honestly, that Infinite Warfare trailer was fucking bad. Like, it was too long.. the sequences were all chopped up, a horrible use of a Beatles cover, like.... just all over it was shit. And the balls of Infinity Ward to call the game Infinite Warfare? Kinda getting big for those britches.

Frankly that studio's days are numbered, and their little brother Sledgehammer will be the ones to dethrone them.

Note: I think the WWII game looks vapid and unappealing as well.. full of tropes from previous games and movies.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:58 PM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

They might not be getting the massive number of YouTube dislikes as the previous games, but the WWII announcement still flopped. I've never before seen the announcement of the new CoD that wasn't trending on twitter for most of the day and the general opinion of the WWII trailer seems to be a giant "Meh".

When rumors were floating around that they were going to do Vietnam, there was a lot of buzz around the game. The roll back to WWII again is kind of a huge mistake. I suspect this game will sell even less than the last game did and Activision will again be scratching their heads wondering what they did wrong.

I would say that letting the Respawn team escape was a big mistake, but Titanfall and Titanfall 2 kinda prove that wasn't the case.

Tags
activision, call of duty: wwii, sledgehammer games