11 Replies, 616 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 11:52 AM
6,302 Replies, 1,416,268 Views

Old 04-23-2016, 04:10 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Borderlands 3 Confirmed for when Gearbox Finish Working on Battleborn #Borderlands

PCGamesN has the news.

Quote:
In a PAX East panel last night, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford confirmed there would be another Borderlands game, though it may not be obviously named.

"Obviously, there is going to be another Borderlands," said Pitchford after a fan asked about Borderlands 3, though warned: "We don't even know if we're going to call it that."

He also confirmed that Battleborn art director Scott Kester would reprise his role for the next game after directing Borderlands 2's visuals.

The story is being handled by Mikey Neumann, who wrote the first game as well as being the voice of legendary mechanic Scooter.
Read on.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #2
Terran
Evil Dead

Really enjoyed the first one for a good long while, but eventually hit a wall of 'this is the same thing over and over again' and quit. Tried quite a bit of 2 and after a while felt the same way. Have no desire to buy another one. Just too similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:29 PM   #3
wahjindo
Banned

I feel like this is a pretty sound implication that they know Battleborn is going to fail miserably.
wahjindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:47 PM   #4
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

I would like to see a MMO\MOBA game out of this IP. Lots of characters to be, and instanced MOBA action could be cool.

Basically, I guess I don't want another Borderlands.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:08 PM   #5
Azrael
Evil Dead

BL1 was good, BL2 is top five game all time in my books. BL2.5... well got sick of that.

BL3 (though already knew it was coming), is automatically my most anticipated game. Cannot wait
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:38 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahjindo View Post
I feel like this is a pretty sound implication that they know Battleborn is going to fail miserably.
I suspect Battleborn is something that was created by a B-Team with the sole intention of trying to scam people out of cash via micro-transactions while the A-Team is working on the Borderlands sequel.

Then again, Randy Pitchford is kind of a moron so you have no idea what he might be thinking. This is the guy who was given the Aliens Colonial Marines franchise and then pawned it off on some D-Level modders and when it came out like crap he created a fake demo to sell the game to the public.

It could be they are just dumb enough to think Battleborn is a good game.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:26 AM   #7
RevXwise
Evil Dead

I had a ton of fun with Borderlands 2. Couldn't play more than about 30 minutes of the Pre-Sequel.

Tales from the Borderlands is probably one of my all-time favorite games even if it is an entirely different genre. Hopefully they can pull together a story with those guys because that game was a fucking experience.
RevXwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:50 AM   #8
Azrael
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXwise View Post
I had a ton of fun with Borderlands 2. Couldn't play more than about 30 minutes of the Pre-Sequel.

Tales from the Borderlands is probably one of my all-time favorite games even if it is an entirely different genre. Hopefully they can pull together a story with those guys because that game was a fucking experience.
Heh i forgot about Tales from the Borderlands... great game. Gotta say i love this series. MORE BORDERLANDS
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:05 AM   #9
Primus
Valar Morghulis

BL2 was easily my GOTY for that year, and the franchise is easily up in my top 10 favorites. Didn't buy 2.5, I hate the stopgap, incremental gaming releases trend, but I am really excited for the full fledged number 3 on a new gen.

PSN: SUPERxJUMPS
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:32 AM   #10
Anenome
Autarchist

I'm down for BL3.

I would also like to see Borderlands mature into an MMO-style game with small-group coop dungeons ala World of Warcraft and soloing in an overworld area.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:48 AM   #11
drevezan
Dread Lord

I actually described Battleborn as multiplayer Borderlands with more heroes. The writing and character of the game are very similar. After playing the beta, I preordered the game to fill the Borderlands hole in my life.
drevezan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:32 PM   #12
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by drevezan View Post
I actually described Battleborn as multiplayer Borderlands with more heroes. The writing and character of the game are very similar. After playing the beta, I preordered the game to fill the Borderlands hole in my life.
It looked like just another pvp-centric / comic-style game from what I've seen of it earlier.

Is there actually a decent cooperative PVE with it? I gues there is, but I hadn't hear about it, and it's all I care about.

Skip to 4:30 for the coop campaign starting:

My major problem with this game is actually the character stylings. They're all ridiculously over the top and little more than emphasized stereotypes. Which I don't find very appealing. On the other hand, it's better to err on this side than to have milquetoast characters.

And I've only watched a few mins of this so far, but the writing is a bit hamfisted, at least from how he handled that whole 'decrypting' segment a few mins in.

Hmm, this encounter design isn't amazing either, pretty chaotic and unfocused, like they tried to create PVE environments that would also make good PvP levels. That's a shame.

"Mansformation" -- whyyy. I am cringing at these stereotype characters.

Seems like the biggest weakness here is trying to cram a PVE experience into what was clearly designed for pvp. This is no Borderlands. There's no adventure and exploration at all. What a shame.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:43 AM   #13
Juan
Evil Dead

I simply don't support Gearbox, fuck those guys.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:28 AM   #14
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahjindo View Post
I feel like it's a pretty sound indication that Gearbox knows they're in the business of making games and that Battleborn wasn't going to be their last game.

Are you really that surprised to hear they're working on a sequel to a wildly successful franchise?
Old 04-25-2016, 06:45 AM   #15
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
I simply don't support Gearbox, fuck those guys.
That's sweet. Thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:10 PM   #16
Anemone
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I feel like it's a pretty sound indication that Gearbox knows they're in the business of making games and that Battleborn wasn't going to be their last game.

Are you really that surprised to hear they're working on a sequel to a wildly successful franchise?
Agreed, I can't imagine a world where someone would think Gearbox is just going to stop making successful hit games.

Hopefully their last moon game did poorly enough that they stop handing off the franchise to 3rd party developers again.

Also, bring back the writer of BL2.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:30 PM   #17
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Agreed, I can't imagine a world where someone would think Gearbox is just going to stop making successful hit games.
You can't imagine such a world? You insisted that a movie studio should abandon a successful movie series:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Stop. making. bourne. movies.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
borderlands 3, gearbox software