13 Replies, 750 Views
Blizzard Begins...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 12:19 AM
19 Replies, 1,525 Views

Old 11-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #21
Meeks
Evil Dead

But did you know that the Xbox One X is the most powerful console ever created?

Also, it's the most powerful console ever created.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:39 PM   #22
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
It does not seem to work these days, though. Everyone loves a good offer, but apparently, allegiance to a brand is more important than money today. I've seen so many amazing XB1S bundle offers over the last weeks (not just during Amazon's Cyber Monday week), and apparently, nobody's picking them up. I haven't, either, but I already own a regular One and no 4K TV...
This, no 4k TV, no need for either the Pro or the X. Also the amount of games I have on the PS4, backlog, and the extra expense of paying for two online services, and the extra extended HD for the X I'd need to buy (hate having to delete stuff constantly, even if it was a gig), just doesn't make sense for me to buy one. Although, I like the idea of the X and it would be interesting. I am also curious to see what Sony does next year, so I am holding off on pulling the trigger.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:54 PM   #23
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
I would argue that the Xbox UI is by far the worst. Sure, it's gotten better since launch, but it's still terrible. Also, please elaborate on "the games are better", because, I play my PS4 Pro more than my Xbox One X, so I'm genuinely curious of a differing opinion. Controller and online are certainly better, I won't argue that.

Full disclosure, I play PC way more than either console (including Switch).
I think the PS4 UI is garbage. Xbox is far more intuitive.

The only games I played on my PS4 were sports games. Those games are all superior with Xbox One X optimization.

As Xbox live is so much better I'm branching out into Battlefront II, Doom, and other multiplayer games.

Oh, and there is Forza. The main reason I bought it. Just spectacular.

The Xbox One X also for whatever reason works better on my network and downloads faster.

I prefer it and it being much more powerful and allowing real 4k gaming is icing on the cake.
sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:36 PM   #24
Primus
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
Another thing, the xbox UI is a fucking car crash and they STILL have not fixed huge install times for games and mandatory patching before a game will start. I cannot believe they don't cop more shit for this. Gears 4 on my xbone took something like 6 hours before the game would actually start, this is an absolute disgrace.

PS4 games install and start within a minute of inserting the disk and you can play single player (which is all i care about) while any patches download. Insert a disk into the xbone and wait at least 10 minutes but sometimes several hours before your new game will start. Fuck that shit.
I don't buy physical game anymore, but man, I feel like every time I turn on my PS4 or WiiU its a non-stop barrage of manual updating for the games I already own. It's fucking horrible. MS games always just run. It's a big reason I pretty much stopped playing on the other consoles. MS always seems to make something that works closer to how a PC/ tablet OS does things.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:38 PM   #25
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Dan View Post
and the extra expense of paying for two online services
Yeah, I think MS shot themselves in the foot charging for XBLive originally. You could have all consoles while paying for one service. Now justifying paying for XBL while paying for PSplus is harder, even harder still when your friends all probably (most likely) own a PS4 instead of an XBone. I don't think XBone would be lagging so hard nowadays if charging for online multiplayer wasn't a thing.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:55 PM   #26
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
But did you know that the Xbox One X is the most powerful console ever created?

Also, it's the most powerful console ever created.
That would be the PS3 or the Neo Geo.

XboneoneX is comparable to a lower mid tier PC.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #27
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
XboneoneX is comparable to a lower mid tier PC.
The same could be said about essentially every console, right from the very beginning. They've always been specialized computers designed to play games.

Sure, Sony and Microsoft are using off-the-shelf parts now...but, it doesn't change the fact that consoles have always been low- to mid-range PCs.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:55 AM   #28
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
I don't buy physical game anymore, but man, I feel like every time I turn on my PS4 or WiiU its a non-stop barrage of manual updating for the games I already own. It's fucking horrible. MS games always just run. It's a big reason I pretty much stopped playing on the other consoles. MS always seems to make something that works closer to how a PC/ tablet OS does things.
This is simply not true. It is the xbox that is constantly refusing to start games as patches are downloading or installing. PS4 will always start a game regardless of patches.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:23 AM   #29
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
This is simply not true. It is the xbox that is constantly refusing to start games as patches are downloading or installing. PS4 will always start a game regardless of patches.
I was going to say exactly that. As for the download speed mentioned before... I think both consoles are crap at that, but at least the PS4 seems to do it more elegantly, in the background (I'm never leaving my consoles on standby). Whenever I see that Xbox Live or Minecraft require an update, I groan.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:53 AM   #30
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
The same could be said about essentially every console, right from the very beginning. They've always been specialized computers designed to play games.

Sure, Sony and Microsoft are using off-the-shelf parts now...but, it doesn't change the fact that consoles have always been low- to mid-range PCs.
Yeh i know it, its just a cool thing to say. Its to counter the muh 4k, plus i loath MS for getting into video games. They have done nothing to move it forward or make it better.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:18 AM   #31
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Yeh i know it, its just a cool thing to say. Its to counter the muh 4k, plus i loath MS for getting into video games. They have done nothing to move it forward or make it better.
Other than creating IDEs and other development tools, DirectX, first company to nail console online gaming, and the list goes on and on.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:29 AM   #32
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Personally, I'm eyeing the One X because I'm in the market for a 4k player, I like multipurpose devices and I wouldn't mind having an upgraded Xbox.

As for Microsoft not going anything to move gaming forward or make it better...well, that's patently untrue. They've made their fair share of mistakes, for certain, but they've also done a lot to set standards and move things forward.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:48 AM   #33
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

No exclusives, but they sure have a lot of titles that have enhanced versions for the One X.
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-one#enhanced

Also on update times. I only have problems with the updates on game releases. Very rarely do i see an update that's needed before play that isnt a new game. But I keep my xbox on standby, mostly because everything starts quicker. i also use the Guide feature for TV and the guide is slower to load immediately after a cold boot.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:30 AM   #34
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
They have done nothing to move it forward or make it better.
MS dragged Nintendo and Sony, kicking and screaming the whole way, ONLINE. If not for Xbox Live and Halo 2, which drove Live in its early years to new heights, console gamers would be even further behind PC gamers in the online space than they are currently.

I'm no fan of MS (goodbye Ensemble. Hello RRoD x3), but their contributions have been major in console gaming. Undeniably so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:15 AM   #35
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

There's a quest in Deus Ex: Invisible War where you wind up getting in the middle of a culture war between two giant Starbuck analog Coffee Companies. At first, regular people are trying to get you to pick one over the other. Then managers are trying to get you to do missions to hurt their competitor. YOu can make a choice to aly with one company or the other.

IN the latter portions of the game, you can find a document in an office you break into that outlines how both the companies are actually held by the same parent cororation and how the coffee is the same. They just manufacture the brands in order to create the appearance of difference in order to gain brand loyalty as a lifestyle choice.

I think about that mission every time I listen to people argue about Xbox vs PS4. The coffee is the same.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:36 AM   #36
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Meanwhile, at stately Nintendo Manor...

Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:37 AM   #37
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

https://media.giphy.com/media/UiBmJv6Hh6FfW/giphy.gif
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front