World War Z Game ~ First...
Last post by Dag-Sabot
Yesterday 08:40 AM
10 Replies, 918 Views

Old 10-30-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Reserved for New Xbox One Exclusive Game Announcements

In the interest of fairness, this space has been reserved for new Xbox One exclusive game announcements.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
BadIronTree
Evil Dead

Old 10-30-2017, 01:25 PM   #3
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

I am switching over to the Xbox One X as lead platform, but this is an awesome thread. I laughed out loud.

I am going in knowing full well it is multi-platform games machine mostly. I have TWO TO OFFER:

Sea of Thieves
Crackdown 3

Once Xbox One X hits its stride I'm sure you will see a lot more exclusives from devs truly interested in harnessing all that power. I'm sure MSFT is already working with some of these studios but it is too early to announce anything.

Of course I am never ever getting rid of my PS4 Pro, but its for exclusives from here on out. So of course Sony now HAS to hit back with all the exclusives. It's all they've got left!
Old 10-30-2017, 01:29 PM   #4
blackzc
Evil Dead

I bet MS is out of the console market in 3 years. I think the writing is on the wall.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:35 PM   #5
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
I bet MS is out of the console market in 3 years. I think the writing is on the wall.
Absolutely wrong.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:49 PM   #6
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Absolutely wrong.
I mean, MS can throw money at this forever but they have yet to make this venture worthwhile. Their set top box for everything plan failed with the 360. That is what they were betting on. What do you see happening?

AAA games that will use the power are few and far between and full of E- begging for real money in game, that's pissing people off. No Mario or Pokemon. Its a redundant console.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:54 PM   #7
Snipee
Evil Dead

Um...Set top box failed with the 360?
I believe that was the vision for the original One.

I don't mean to be rude...but facts are facts.

Everyone knows the 360 was the leading console of that generation.

What destroyed their credibility was leaning toward general entertainment with the One and away from gaming.(at least they pitched it).

Which easily allowed the PS4 to take the lead. I use my Ps4 Pro as my exclusive machine. I still primarily game on my Xbox one S(soon Xbox one X) I'm a far cry from a fan-boy though.
Snipee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:46 PM   #8
blackzc
Evil Dead

[QUOTE=Snipee;2497025]Um...Set top box failed with the 360?
I believe that was the vision for the original One.

I don't mean to be rude...but facts are facts.

Everyone knows the 360 was the leading console of that generation.[QUOTE]

It was, the PS3 aged much better but i even bought one at one point. The online was really good.

Its been a while but i remember MS saying they got into consoles to take over in the living room. The 360 was planned to replace your cable box, dish ect. This was right before Android came along and decentralized everything. Not that the 360 was doing a good job of it. But if that was the plan going forward it didn't work.

They were planning for the xbox brand to be as widely adapted as Android is what im saying. A one stop for everything.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:52 PM   #9
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Also... Super Lucky's Tale!!! Gonna be aweesooome.....
Old 10-30-2017, 04:13 PM   #10
spgvideo
Peon

God damn some of the mods (and certainly the owner) on this board are so fanboy its hard to take. Its like taking direct shots and making fun of someone's possible fav passtime on the console that they just happen to choose...day after day after day. Just relentless. Man who gives a shit if I want to play 4k games on a console? Really? You spend daily time on making fun? Some bully stuff. I bet you are a cop or a PO or an HR generalist somewhere the way you throw your fat mouth around.
So after well over 10 years of just lurking and utilizing this site as my primary place where I consume my video game news...I will be moving on. Just enough already. EA is an egomaniacal tactless turd.
And you want to talk about something that might not be here in a few years....boy over 10 years I have seen your viewership drop so drastically I wonder why you even bother keeping the lights on.
So enough with this copy/paste bullshit site, I'm gonna stick to Reddit.
spgvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:14 PM   #11
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgvideo View Post
God damn some of the mods (and certainly the owner) on this board are so fanboy its hard to take. Its like taking direct shots and making fun of someone's possible fav passtime on the console that they just happen to choose...day after day after day. Just relentless. Man who gives a shit if I want to play 4k games on a console? Really? You spend daily time on making fun? Some bully stuff. I bet you are a cop or a PO or an HR generalist somewhere the way you throw your fat mouth around.
So after well over 10 years of just lurking and utilizing this site as my primary place where I consume my video game news...I will be moving on. Just enough already. EA is an egomaniacal tactless turd.
And you want to talk about something that might not be here in a few years....boy over 10 years I have seen your viewership drop so drastically I wonder why you even bother keeping the lights on.
I was trolling Microsoft (Edit: On your behalf as an Xbox customer quite actually). Not you. Lighten up Francis.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:21 PM   #12
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
EA was a MS fanboy IIRC.

Also, the Bone X wont be doing native 4K in most cases, upscaled.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:23 PM   #13
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'm gonna stick to Reddit.
'Nuff said snowflake.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:30 PM   #14
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
God damn
Triggered!

This is a great thread, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:53 PM   #15
Male Chauvinist
Knight

For exclusives I have my Switch and for multi-plats not on Switch I have an X1 cause their console exclusives are pretty weak these days, not much better than failstation's excuse for exclusives.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:02 PM   #16
Primus
Valar Morghulis

To be fair everything Sony announced today was meh (and are we pretending their current exclusive line up is good? NMS? The Order? TLG? lol). Both consoles don't really have a killer app, but I mean I feel like the industry has been consistently moving away from that as the driving model for quite some time anyways. The best games a big budget third party and if they are throwing that kind of money at it its going to be on as many platforms as possible.

My PS4 has been collecting dust, and if this announcment for the future is any indicator it will stay that way. The best decision is to buy the console where all your friends are and I am not Japanese or European, so it's the XB1 for right now.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:15 PM   #17
Grumsh
Evil Dead

Quote:
EA has always been a fan and never hid that fact but at least his loyalties switch often enough for you to realize it's his opinion not something bought.

When companies fuck up, he calls them out, admittedly mercilessly, but he calls out dumb when he sees dumb. I kind of like it, 1 because my feelers don't live in bubble wrap, and 2 I know he isn't being bought like some Jack asses on the web.

I too have been here too many years like you and remember enough to tell you nothing really has changed with the mods, sure we may have a few crazies come and go but the core hasn't changed much.

1:When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is probably wrong.
Grumsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:15 PM   #18
Kapinator
Knight

If you read Satya Nadella's book you will quickly understand the level of commitment MS has to Mixed-Reality. XBox is big piece of that cornerstone.
Kapinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:49 PM   #19
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Triggered!

This is a great thread, lol.
Yeah, and the worst part is all he had to do is read the first text post (mine) for the correct way to handle it:

"I am switching over to the Xbox One X as lead platform, but this is an awesome thread. I laughed out loud."
Old 10-30-2017, 06:51 PM   #20
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapinator View Post
If you read Satya Nadella's book you will quickly understand the level of commitment MS has to Mixed-Reality. XBox is big piece of that cornerstone.
You are my hero. Xbox isn't going anywhere. There now, I've made the Xbox supporters AND Phil happy.

Tags
biased, microsoft, xbone, xbox one, xbox one x