Today 02:44 AM
4 Replies, 757 Views
» Promotion

Old 10-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

New Star Wars Battlefront II Story Trailer

Quote:
A brand new trailer highlighting the single-player story of Star Wars Battlefront II has arrived. With the Emperor dead, can Commander Iden Versio and her allies turn the tide against an energized Rebellion?

Just in case you’re not familiar: Star Wars Battlefront II includes an original single player campaign set after Return of the Jedi. You’ll take on the role of Iden Versio, (played by Janina Gavankar), Commander of Imperial special forces unit Inferno Squad. Alongside her squadmates Del Meeko (T.J. Ramini) and Gideon Hask (Paul Blackthorne), Iden struggles to maintain order in a galaxy that seems to be crumbling all around her.

The new single player campaign in Star Wars Battlefront II is an original story set after the events of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. It's no secret that Iden Versio and Inferno Squad will be crossing paths with some of the galaxy's most renowned characters, but they'll also be encountering elements that are originally from other Star Wars stories. There are multiple mediums, comics, novels, television, films, games, and more, that tell new or unique stories that take place within the Star Wars universe. Star Wars Battlefront II helps enrich the universe by telling a previously untold story that is able to build upon what has already been established.
Read more at EA.com/StarWars/Battlefront-2
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
hurstshifter
Soul Reaper

Looks like the story is meant to bridge ROTJ and TFA. I'm kind of into this to be honest. It's EA though, so no pre-order for me and I'll wait for reviews.
hurstshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #4
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:57 PM   #5
Skunk
Evil Dead

Didnt know the Empire was so into diversity hires.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:06 PM   #6
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
Prepare to be forced to play as a dark skinned mystery race tomboy female for the rest of your gaming life, you bigot!

Diversity is awesome! A uniform representation of all races and genders for your avatar! That will show those sexist, racist white privileged males! Complain and be doxed and ostracized! Your employer will hear about it! You will be punched in the street! You must be an old guy who watches Fox News and we can't wait for you to die out because we only believe in tolerance!
Old 10-20-2017, 12:21 PM   #7
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
She's human, so it would have been fine. The Empire was portrayed as pretty xenophobic for the past couple of decades, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Prepare to be forced to play as a dark skinned mystery race tomboy female for the rest of your gaming life, you bigot!

Diversity is awesome! A uniform representation of all races and genders for your avatar! That will show those sexist, racist white privileged males! Complain and be doxed and ostracized! Your employer will hear about it! You will be punched in the street! You must be an old guy who watches Fox News and we can't wait for you to die out because we only believe in tolerance!
On the one hand, it doesn't bother me much. Let's be honest with ourselves: Most video game protagonists have been white males for the past few decades (with some notable exceptions, of course). A change of pace isn't really a bad thing and diversity can be awesome.

On the other hand, the politics behind these decisions is growing increasingly problematic with each passing day. It's essentially being brandished like a weapon at this point.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:48 PM   #8
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post

On the one hand, it doesn't bother me much. Let's be honest with ourselves: Most video game protagonists have been white males for the past few decades (with some notable exceptions, of course). A change of pace isn't really a bad thing and diversity can be awesome.

On the other hand, the politics behind these decisions is growing increasingly problematic with each passing day. It's essentially being brandished like a weapon at this point.
Yes, agree, the point my sarcasm was trying to make. I've heard ALL of those attacks and arguments in my own person Facebook friends feed which is made of up of an astounding number of fake news digesting, Antifa supporting liberals.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:50 PM   #9
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Also, in my above post I sounded like just about every member of NeoGAF who has not yet been banned. They sure value diversity over there!

Tags
star wars battlefront 2