Today 01:16 AM
17 Replies, 1,397 Views
» Promotion

Old 03-18-2017, 07:37 PM   #21
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Are you saying people will be playing Horizon 15 years from now. Le'KeK!
Since you haven't finished it even but have been proclaiming it the savior of gaming I really don't know what to say. Why wouldn't people be playing Horizon 15 years from now? People play all titles 15, 20 , 30 years later. I am not sure I see your point. You seem to think only a Zelda game is able to stand the test of time. If that is true then I feel sorry for you. Really playing Horizon shows me what I am missing on Zelda, what it could be if it wasn't for enablers being convinced Nintendo was always doing something revolutionary. Hamstrung for $300 Alex.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:44 PM   #22
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
My biggest complaints with the game are the number of dungeons (there are only four, but 120 smaller shrines are scattered around as well) and the boss fights are kinda samey...but. I understand why they're similar. I also hate the durability system...but, it gets better over time.

I do like the setting and story, though. It feels like a very different Hyrule.
The amnesia aspect is really their twist on Zelda's typical story.

I agree on all of your above statements. The zora dungeon I found to be half fun/half irritating. I was bummed to learn there are only four and the shrines are kind of all over the place as far as being interesting and fun or tedious, or frustrating (the ball maze one).

The durability system is the worst. I just want to dump all upgrades into that vs hearts. Dark Souls is more lenient.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:00 PM   #23
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow763 View Post
Since you haven't finished it even but have been proclaiming it the savior of gaming I really don't know what to say. Why wouldn't people be playing Horizon 15 years from now? People play all titles 15, 20 , 30 years later. I am not sure I see your point. You seem to think only a Zelda game is able to stand the test of time. If that is true then I feel sorry for you. Really playing Horizon shows me what I am missing on Zelda, what it could be if it wasn't for enablers being convinced Nintendo was always doing something revolutionary. Hamstrung for $300 Alex.
There's a reason I call them zealots, they can't objectively look at Nintendo without proclaiming every thing they do as revolutionary, when in reality there are other companies out there that make better games that equally stand the test of time as being just fun games to play. Personally I would take practicality any of the old Atari Coin or Bally Midway branded uprights over pretty much everything in Nintendo's catalog.

I would gladly play something like Tmek over mario, Narc or Smash TV over something like Zelda or Metroid and really many of those coin operated titles were fairly simple in both mechanics and likely don't stand up today visually.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:31 AM   #24
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
There's a reason I call them zealots, they can't objectively look at Nintendo without proclaiming every thing they do as revolutionary, when in reality there are other companies out there that make better games that equally stand the test of time as being just fun games to play.
I love how you ultimately resort to slapping a broad label on an entire group of people, regardless of what their individual actions may or may not be. When you can't beat 'em, attempt to invalidate 'em by calling them zealots!

I, for one, wouldn't call everything they do "revolutionary"...although they have been ahead of the curve multiple times. Certainly, they're not the only company out there making great games (there's a reason why I own the other two consoles and a gaming PC, after all) but their attention to detail and level of quality control is unsurpassed by very few in the industry.

The Switch is a good - but flawed - device...as is practically every device I own. None of the crap I own is "perfect" and there's always something I'd like to see changed or improved. The same can be said about Breath of the Wild; as much as I enjoy it, there are certain aspects I simply don't like. There are plenty of things I dislike about every Zelda game...and every game I've played, for that matter.

Quote:
Personally I would take practicality any of the old Atari Coin or Bally Midway branded uprights over pretty much everything in Nintendo's catalog.

I would gladly play something like Tmek over mario, Narc or Smash TV over something like Zelda or Metroid and really many of those coin operated titles were fairly simple in both mechanics and likely don't stand up today visually.
Well, then...have at it!
Old 03-19-2017, 04:34 PM   #25
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Chimp then stop defending their boneheaded business decisions, go head and like Nintendo, more power to you. It's when guys like you and Anemone try to literally shut people up for a difference in tastes that imo there's a problem.

One of the major replies in defense of what Nintendo does is their titles stand some test of time, yet really there were others doing the same thing for just as many years while actually trying new things while still creating some pretty amazingly fun games. Nintendo isn't in some exclusive club on that.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #26
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Chimp then stop defending their boneheaded business decisions, go head and like Nintendo, more power to you. It's when guys like you and Anemone try to literally shut people up for a difference in tastes that imo there's a problem.
Pot, meet kettle.

The last time I checked, one of us pops up in virtually every single Nintendo-related thread specifically to spew antagonistic bullshit.

Before you lump me with the likes of Anemone, it'd be best to actually read what I write. I not only accept the fact that not everyone is going to like this stuff, but I actively engage in conversations with them!

Quote:
One of the major replies in defense of what Nintendo does is their titles stand some test of time, yet really there were others doing the same thing for just as many years while actually trying new things while still creating some pretty amazingly fun games. Nintendo isn't in some exclusive club on that.
Did anyone actually say Nintendo was the only company to make timeless games?
Old 03-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #27
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Pot, meet kettle.

The last time I checked, one of us pops up in virtually every single Nintendo-related thread specifically to spew antagonistic bullshit.

Before you lump me with the likes of Anemone, it'd be best to actually read what I write. I not only accept the fact that not everyone is going to like this stuff, but I actively engage in conversations with them!

Did anyone actually say Nintendo was the only company to make timeless games?
Sure you do, especially when you're telling them to shut the fuck up. If nothing else posting my displeasure in Nintendo threads has helped to create some actual discussion, even if it ends up being barb trading. You gotta admit chimpy most threads drop off the front page to die more often than not.

And to answer your question specifically no one said that, however people make a huge deal out of it when it comes to Nintendo, when it actually really isn't.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:11 AM   #28
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Sure you do, especially when you're telling them to shut the fuck up.
When have I ever told anyone to, "Shut the fuck up" in any of these threads? When have I ever attempted to shut down legitimate conversation in any of these topics?

You'll find that I've actively discussed the negative aspects of both the Switch, the latest Zelda game and Nintendo in general. I've even pointed them out myself.

Quote:
If nothing else posting my displeasure in Nintendo threads has helped to create some actual discussion, even if it ends up being barb trading. You gotta admit chimpy most threads drop off the front page to die more often than not.
Trading barbs isn't an actual discussion. Actual discussion is what we have when you're not popping in simply to ruffle feathers and trade barbs.

Quote:
And to answer your question specifically no one said that, however people make a huge deal out of it when it comes to Nintendo, when it actually really isn't.
So...you're essentially just making shit up to prove a point. Gotcha.

Tags
horizon zero dawn, zelda: breath of the wild