Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Liberals gone wild
Last post by Eats
Today 08:25 PM
5,275 Replies, 1,184,050 Views
Xbox Series X Announced
Last post by Primus
Today 08:10 PM
3 Replies, 60 Views
Senua’s Saga: Hellblade...
Last post by ministryofwrath
Today 07:54 PM
4 Replies, 41 Views
Resident Evil 3 Remake...
Last post by Rommel
Today 04:33 PM
3 Replies, 340 Views
The Witcher Final Trailer
Last post by RAV
Today 03:34 PM
12 Replies, 438 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by RAV
Today 11:31 AM
168 Replies, 54,327 Views
Picts - Waiting to...
Last post by vallor
Today 08:07 AM
18,832 Replies, 3,864,801 Views
Wastelands 2 Free on GOG...
Last post by Chief Smash
Today 06:46 AM
1 Replies, 158 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #21
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead
 
ElektroDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 10,970
I wonder if anyone is going out and buying a 360 because of this. Not that Live didn't have its troubles, but at least that was due to the network being overwhelmed, and it's been stable for about 2 years now.

I just hope they offer people a free game or something like Live always did during extended outages.
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #22
Franjo
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,019
It's been down since the 20th right? I mean that in itself is a long time. If this goes past this week, that will really surprise me.
Franjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #23
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile
 
SaintBlitzkrieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 5,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I wonder if anyone is going out and buying a 360 because of this. Not that Live didn't have its troubles, but at least that was due to the network being overwhelmed, and it's been stable for about 2 years now.

I just hope they offer people a free game or something like Live always did during extended outages.
Why does Sony owe you something...

Xbox gave you a game because of the overwhelming of xmas sales. And yet it was still running, just spotty...

Sony, you dont pay a monthly fee for, so why do they owe you anything...

Big difference when you are paying for something, and when you are getting something for free...

you get what you pay for.
SaintBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #24
Anenome
Autarchist
 
Anenome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Recursion City
Posts: 49,889
Blog Entries: 62
A certain person gave a child a piece of candy, asking nothing in return. Then another piece, another, and another, and still the child held their hand out in expectation. When the person refused to give the child yet another piece of candy, the child threw a fit and demanded the candy.
__________________
Choose your government: the majority ruling the minority, the minority ruling the majority, or everyone ruling themselves long as they do not initiate force, fraud, or theft against one another.
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #25
birdofprey_2000
Subscriber
 
birdofprey_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: KC,MO
Posts: 157
I don't think sony will get ride of the free service. I just think they will add so much to plus that most people will get it anyway. Like cross-game chat. I am betting that will be a plus service.
birdofprey_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #26
That Guy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
A certain person gave a child a piece of candy, asking nothing in return. Then another piece, another, and another, and still the child held their hand out in expectation. When the person refused to give the child yet another piece of candy, the child threw a fit and demanded the candy.
OOOHH! I know one!


There once was a man from Nantucket.....
__________________
Skepticism is my religion and sarcasm my philosophy.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #27
LoTECH
Evil Dead
 
LoTECH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Outside your bedroom window...
Posts: 2,205
Blog Entries: 1
Sony advertises free online gaming as an example of why their system is better.
That is why we are owed something.

Not that I ever use psn for anything other than the odd demo
__________________
LIVE/PSN:LoTECH
Still lurking.
LoTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #28
That Guy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlitzkrieg View Post
Why does Sony owe you something...

Xbox gave you a game because of the overwhelming of xmas sales. And yet it was still running, just spotty...

Sony, you dont pay a monthly fee for, so why do they owe you anything...

Big difference when you are paying for something, and when you are getting something for free...

you get what you pay for.
That's not entirely true. Sony makes it very clear that PSN is part of what you are buying when you buy a PS3.

From the PS3 website "Playstation 3 Features":
  • Games
  • Playstation Network
  • Other stuff I'm too lazy to mention.

So in a manner of speaking, when you buy a PS3, you are buying access to PSN, which does mean they owe you something...
__________________
Skepticism is my religion and sarcasm my philosophy.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #29
LoTECH
Evil Dead
 
LoTECH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Outside your bedroom window...
Posts: 2,205
Blog Entries: 1
I just said that...
But I still like you
__________________
LIVE/PSN:LoTECH
Still lurking.
LoTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #30
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoTECH View Post
Sony advertises free online gaming as an example of why their system is better.
That is why we are owed something.




PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #31
That Guy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoTECH View Post
I just said that...
But I still like you
Yes but my post had a bulleted list, so ..

Well really, BULLETS! Duh!
__________________
Skepticism is my religion and sarcasm my philosophy.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #32
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral
 
BeardedSonOfNel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MN/WI
Posts: 6,006
Blog Entries: 8
So, I’ve been cruising a bunch of game sites, and looking at the comments for all of the articles written about PSN’s outage. I have to say I’m shocked by the number of people who post little notes like these from the Play Station blog

• thank you!
• Thank you,and please block piracy and cheaters.
• Thank you, it’s a shame it had to come to this, wonder why there was an external intrusion in the first place, people ruining it for us. Good thing I can still watch Blu-rays!
• Awesome. Keep up the good work. We are grateful for your efforts.

Over at gamespot…

• Take a deep breath.....
Everything is going to be ok.
• Man I'm really hoping that its going to be back online before Brink comes out..... Plz Sony do something....... and to all of the people that said "one system goes down, the other one is up" play single player games on Ps3 you don't have to have Psn
• This truly is a travesty. I hope everything is ok and wonder if maybe Japans infrastructure is a little unstable right now thanks to the earthquake/tsunami/radiation. I know the PSN not working came a few weeks after the cataclysms but still, it might have been the starting domino as to why were not connected.
• Nothing brings out the haters like a little technical trouble.
• Whatever they need to do, they're doing it. and i say if its making the infrastructure stronger, i dont care how long it takes. My credit info, address, lots of information for every one is on there. So if you dont want your sh*t stolen, quit your b*tch*n, bite down, and play some single player like the rest of us and just enjoy. Good lord its like people dont anything better to do than hate sony for fixing something important.

What the hell people? Those of you who are blindingly thanking Sony are morons. That’s right I just said that, and the gloves are off. Sony is a major technology company, and their inability to secure their proprietary network is asinine.

Don’t get me wrong, every network has weak spots, and may come under attack, but the turnaround time for this one really shows you how shitty their system really is/was. Sony’s networking incompetence is not only disrupting what their users want to do, but also costing game devs money too.

“Hey BeardedSonOfNel, Sony is losing money too!” Sure they are, but unlike many small Dev houses out there; Sony has the backup funds to weather this storm.

Now some of you are reading this and are thinking to yourself… “This guy is an MS fan boy”, or “He is an elitist PC gamer.” Well I’m not. I’m just a gamer. I own a PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, and almost every console from every Gen.

“Well BeardedSonOfNel it’s the hackers fault, and not Sony’s. You should be ranting at them.” While I am pissed at the hackers; it’s still ultimately Sony’s responsibility to secure their network. Sony is a large company, and like all large companies in this day and age they must protect their business partners, and their customers. Valve seems to be able to do this with STEAM. Oh, and why is the evil Microsoft able to keep Live up and running? I’ll tell you why. Both companies continue to revamp infrastructure, and retool code, and security. I can’t believe Sony has been doing the same thing considering that they’ve been down for days!

I sure as hell hope my (and all of Sony’s customers’) credit card info is safe. Sure would be nice to know after 5 days.
__________________
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. – Goethe
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #33
Capt_Thad
Evil Dead
 
Capt_Thad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 5,615
This may be my fault... I finally sent my PS3 to get repaired, and the cosmic backlash must've shut down the entire network. I do sort of find it amusing that this is going down the only couple of weeks since I got my PS3 that I don't have it.
__________________
NNID/GfWL: CaptThad - Raptr - Steam ID
Capt_Thad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #34
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Wha? No "where is your Kevin Bulter now" tag? Oh yeah too long.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #35
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile
 
SaintBlitzkrieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 5,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoTECH View Post
Sony advertises free online gaming as an example of why their system is better.
That is why we are owed something.

Not that I ever use psn for anything other than the odd demo
Sony advertises free online gaming...

FREE...

you get what you pay for...

Xbox you paid for LIVE... so when it went down, you got something.

Playstation you dont pay for playstation network, so you dont get anything.

Xbox could say you get xbox live silver for free... because that is free to anyone in the world... it is basically the same thing... playstation network is xbox live silver... but with actual online gaming...

The only people that should be getting something for free, are the stupid people paying for playstation plus... sorry you get no sympathy for something you aren't paying for... and to sit there and pull strings... "ooh but on the box it says playstation network, and I am not getting that right now, you owe me" man, you are just grasping at freaking straws...

PSN is free, and without us paying for it, you dont get a quality product. Why would they pump money into like xbox does with LIVE... Xbox gets that fee, so it is always maintained and outtage like this are prevented. PSN... not so much...

Sorry but your defense of it is advertised on the box blah blah blah... is just grasping at straws...
SaintBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #36
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Buttler typo?
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #37
Cygnus
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,646
So which will happen first: NFL player lockout ends or PSN is back online?
Cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #38
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile
 
SaintBlitzkrieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 5,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
So, I’ve been cruising a bunch of game sites, and looking at the comments for all of the articles written about PSN’s outage. I have to say I’m shocked by the number of people who post little notes like these from the Play Station blog

• thank you!
• Thank you,and please block piracy and cheaters.
• Thank you, it’s a shame it had to come to this, wonder why there was an external intrusion in the first place, people ruining it for us. Good thing I can still watch Blu-rays!
• Awesome. Keep up the good work. We are grateful for your efforts.

Over at gamespot…

• Take a deep breath.....
Everything is going to be ok.
• Man I'm really hoping that its going to be back online before Brink comes out..... Plz Sony do something....... and to all of the people that said "one system goes down, the other one is up" play single player games on Ps3 you don't have to have Psn
• This truly is a travesty. I hope everything is ok and wonder if maybe Japans infrastructure is a little unstable right now thanks to the earthquake/tsunami/radiation. I know the PSN not working came a few weeks after the cataclysms but still, it might have been the starting domino as to why were not connected.
• Nothing brings out the haters like a little technical trouble.
• Whatever they need to do, they're doing it. and i say if its making the infrastructure stronger, i dont care how long it takes. My credit info, address, lots of information for every one is on there. So if you dont want your sh*t stolen, quit your b*tch*n, bite down, and play some single player like the rest of us and just enjoy. Good lord its like people dont anything better to do than hate sony for fixing something important.

What the hell people? Those of you who are blindingly thanking Sony are morons. That’s right I just said that, and the gloves are off. Sony is a major technology company, and their inability to secure their proprietary network is asinine.

Don’t get me wrong, every network has weak spots, and may come under attack, but the turnaround time for this one really shows you how shitty their system really is/was. Sony’s networking incompetence is not only disrupting what their users want to do, but also costing game devs money too.

“Hey BeardedSonOfNel, Sony is losing money too!” Sure they are, but unlike many small Dev houses out there; Sony has the backup funds to weather this storm.

Now some of you are reading this and are thinking to yourself… “This guy is an MS fan boy”, or “He is an elitist PC gamer.” Well I’m not. I’m just a gamer. I own a PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, and almost every console from every Gen.

“Well BeardedSonOfNel it’s the hackers fault, and not Sony’s. You should be ranting at them.” While I am pissed at the hackers; it’s still ultimately Sony’s responsibility to secure their network. Sony is a large company, and like all large companies in this day and age they must protect their business partners, and their customers. Valve seems to be able to do this with STEAM. Oh, and why is the evil Microsoft able to keep Live up and running? I’ll tell you why. Both companies continue to revamp infrastructure, and retool code, and security. I can’t believe Sony has been doing the same thing considering that they’ve been down for days!

I sure as hell hope my (and all of Sony’s customers’) credit card info is safe. Sure would be nice to know after 5 days.
i tend to agree with you on this. This is ultimately sonys fault for putting forth such a weak infrastructure that is PSN... I have owned all of sony's gaming products. And i loved my ps2, but honestly, this is just dumb. If you are going to be a major competitor in the gaming age like sony says they are... Then step up and bring us a xbox live experience to sony but better... Step up and put money into your product... step up sony...

Sure adding blu-ray was awesome, i will give you that (granted, have yet to use my blu-ray player in it because I am standing firm that I dont wanna start replacing my 300+ dvds yet...) but honestly, since the get go this console has been a fail for me...

Xbox had the red ring sure, but honestly, when the consoles launched, we had xbox first, and the games first... and by the time ps3 came out, all the games they were getting we already played and beat...

Still today, i am purchasing more on my xbox then ps3 just because I have invested more time in that. It was joke that they didn't have an achievement system from the get go when they knew about it for so long.

And now you have this... the weak ass psn... sorry, but sony needs to step up in a big big way to win me back... I want to like the ps3, but every time they fail me...
SaintBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #39
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile
 
SaintBlitzkrieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 5,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
So which will happen first: NFL player lockout ends or PSN is back online?
Well lets be realistic here... PSN should be back up later this week. (WE HOPE)... player lock out is just a flat out joke... you can't decide how to spend 9 billion dollars... come the fuck on...

The only people hurting in the nfl are the fans... honestly, the players are doing this for the fans as well, then come week 1, agreement or no agreement, you pad up and play free games for us...

Sorry, the teams may pay you but, we pay them... and ultimately that is our money...
SaintBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #40
wastedyears
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 489
How soon we forget that a few years ago xbox live also was down for several days.
wastedyears is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anenymous, anonymous sucks, pure evil, sony, sony outage

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:27 PM.