7 Replies, 305 Views
Burma/Myanmar, where we...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 04:49 AM
27 Replies, 6,624 Views

Old 01-10-2015, 10:59 PM   #41
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Sideshow and their affiliates are top quality as usual. I have this pre-ordered and would have seriously considered this one if they didn't sell out so fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Wow, poseable figurines have come a long way since GIJoe.

Omg, they have Iron Man, that is fucking incredible. Still $344? Dayum. If only it were cast in metal, that would be insane.
Hot Toys makes some damn good stuff. I'm not a huge fan of Iron Man but love this special version of the suit.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:24 AM   #42
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
Sideshow and their affiliates are top quality as usual. I have this pre-ordered and would have seriously considered this one if they didn't sell out so fast.
Damn, I'd love to get that Queen of the Dead figure.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:56 AM   #43
Nachokoolaid
Evil Dead

This thread is awesome. It proves once again that Evil is a suck a lot of the time, and he's wrong and stubborn here to the same degree that he is concerning his fanboyish hate toward Microsoft as of late.
Nachokoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:36 AM   #44
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredWeasel View Post
I'm a bit disappointed that you deleted that (incredibly long) reply from the guy on twitter, Evil...I thought this site was supposed to be above that kind of asshattery of mods deleting posts simply because they don't like them...
If my regular readers don't want to agree with me, that's cool. However, I have no intention of letting some random douchebag from twitter create an account and post here just to be a dick.

I don't owe them an account or a voice, they haven't put in the time here that most everyone else has.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:17 AM   #45
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
If my regular readers don't want to agree with me, that's cool.
Which is good, because we do.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:12 AM   #46
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
If my regular readers don't want to agree with me, that's cool. However, I have no intention of letting some random douchebag from twitter create an account and post here just to be a dick.

I don't owe them an account or a voice, they haven't put in the time here that most everyone else has.
Legitimately, thanks for sharing, Evil. Being around customers for so long myself, I think it was a valid story to share.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:36 AM   #47
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead

Quote:

No, of course you don't owe them anything, it's your site, you can do what you want. You could ban all the people in this thread that are bashing you and you'd still be perfectly within your right, because it's your site and nobody has paid to be here.

But this thread illustrates one of the main reasons why I've been reading EA for more than a decade now: It's a thread filled mostly with people bashing the guy that owns the site and yet nobody has been banned, muted or had their posts removed. That's what I like about this place: (almost) Nothing's out of bounds and the mods very seldom interfer with the discussions taking place. That's why I was dissapointed you deleted that guy's posts, when really there was nothing wrong with it. Again, you were perfectly within your rights to do that, you don't owe the guy shit, I'm just a bit dissapointed.
SacredWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 02:20 PM   #48
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Sideshow is going to make the 12" (13? 14?) Hulkbuster from Age of Ultron.

They also have at least 10 other 12" Age of Ultron figures in the works.

I think I should start saving up now for the Hulkbuster. You know it will be $500.

They are also getting ready to release the Batmobile and that thing is $600.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:29 PM   #49
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
To be fair, you allow people to be gigantic dicks unjustifiably all the time. But I get it, ya gotta be family first, right?

I like the freedom you allow but sometimes it gets way out of control.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:02 PM   #50
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
To be fair, you allow people to be gigantic dicks unjustifiably all the time. But I get it, ya gotta be family first, right?

I like the freedom you allow but sometimes it gets way out of control.
It does get pretty wacky when people drag politics into every single conversation possible, but it always dies down, and there always seems to be a few "handshakes" after.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:03 AM   #51
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidj.dk View Post
Full disclosure: I have NOT read anything about what has happened, nor do I really care.

Onto the meat: "Nerd rage" or not. Whatever the case may be. You *always* treat your customers the best you possibly can. No matter how wrong they may or may not be. It does not matter. You treat people, your customers, as you yourself would want to be treated. And "the customer is always right" is exactly right.

If I had an employee who treated my customers bad in any way, shape or form, they were booted right away. There would be no mercy.
Here's the thing: "The customer is always right" is not always right. Modern consumers have taken that to the extreme and now view it as a license to behave as poorly as possible in order to get their way, regardless of the consequences. I've spent far too many years in retail management and I've seen the rapid decline of customer behavior in a variety of environments. "I'm the customer, so I can be an unprofessional jerk" is the new norm, which is entirely unacceptable.

I fully agree with treating customers and/or clients precisely the way you would want to be treated. Far too many customers, however, become toxic and abusive to those who are trying to help them. Bad behavior is being rewarded by the "customer is always right" mentality when these shitty customers need to be kicked to the curb.

EA exhibited a classic example of bad customer behavior and he's a customer NECA can afford to lose.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #52
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Here's the thing: "The customer is always right" is not always right. Modern consumers have taken that to the extreme and now view it as a license to behave as poorly as possible in order to get their way, regardless of the consequences. I've spent far too many years in retail management and I've seen the rapid decline of customer behavior in a variety of environments. "I'm the customer, so I can be an unprofessional jerk" is the new norm, which is entirely unacceptable.

I fully agree with treating customers and/or clients precisely the way you would want to be treated. Far too many customers, however, become toxic and abusive to those who are trying to help them. Bad behavior is being rewarded by the "customer is always right" mentality when these shitty customers need to be kicked to the curb.

EA exhibited a classic example of bad customer behavior and he's a customer NECA can afford to lose.
I try always not to be that guy. There's plenty like me that won't throw a fit and just never come back or w/e to a bad restaurant, etc.

Tags
neca, pure evil, randy falk is a dick, sideshow collectibles