Last post by Mad Max RW
Yesterday 05:23 PM
33 Replies, 2,977 Views

Old 04-25-2018, 11:11 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Spider-Man PS4 Second Pre-Order Suit Revealed - Iron Spider Suit

Quote:
Iron Spider Suit Inspired by Marvelís Avengers: Infinity War Coming to Marvelís Spider-Man on Sept 7

Itís been an amazing three weeks since we announced the release date of Marvelís Spider-Man, coming September 7th, 2018. Your feedback to our release date, collectorís edition, and Game Informer cover story has been tremendous and humbling. Thank you all so much for your support and the kind words on social media!

When we announced the release date, we revealed our pre-order bonus, which includes a Spidey Suit pack containing three suits. But we only showed one suit Ė Spider-Punk Ė with the other two being held back to be unveiled later.

Thatís right! Players who pre-order Marvelís Spider-Man will get an early unlock of the Iron Spider suit inspired by Marvelís Avengers: Infinity War. This was a big collaboration between Sony Interactive Entertainment, Insomniac, Marvel Games, and Marvel Studios. And while you may have glimpsed the pre-order video before, you havenít seen this new video we made to show it off Ė some of you will even be lucky enough to see this on the big screen before the movie when the film hits theaters later this week.

Getting the opportunity to work with Marvel Games and Marvel Studios on this was another dream come true on this project. Seeing Spider-Man on the big screen in the MCU with his Iron Spider suit is something we are really excited about, and we knew Spider-Man fans around the world would want the chance to unlock our version of the Marvelís Avengers: Infinity War inspired Iron Spider suit in-game. We were given access to the actual CG asset from the upcoming film (in theaters on April 27th!!) to ensure that it was as true to the suit youíll see at the cinema as possible.

In Marvelís Spider-Man, having a variety of suits for players to use was a must-have for us. We looked across all of the Spider-Man lore for inspiration, and in the final game youíll find suits inspired by comics and film, as well as completely original suits created by Insomniac and other artists. Each of the suits looks absolutely spectacular and we canít wait for you to see more of them.

Beyond that, most suits will also feature a special suit power that you can use in-game. These powers let you do amazing things. While we arenít quite ready to show them just yet, I did want to mention a couple examples. The Spider-Punk suit lets you rock out with a guitar, doing an AoE attack thatíll knock enemies off their feet. And the Iron Spider has a suit power thatÖ well, youíll know it when you see it happen in Marvel Studiosí Avengers: Infinity War.

Be sure to pre-order today, whether itís on PS Store or at your favorite retailer, to get all Pre-Order bonuses including the Spidey Suit pack. And if you want some wallpapers for your phone, computer or PS4, just visit PS.com here to grab some!

We hope to see all you True Believers out at the cinemas this weekend catching Marvel Studiosí Avengers: Infinity War (I have my tickets!). Thanks again to Marvel Studios and Marvel Games for collaborating with us on the suit for the game. For all the latest on Marvelís Spider-Man, be sure to check out Insomniac Games on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!​

James Stevenson - Community Director, Insomniac Games
blog.us.playstation.com
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:11 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:40 AM   #3
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

That is a lot of meaningless copy just to say "Come and get it."
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:48 PM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Hot Toys has already unveiled the "big secret" to the Iron Spider suit for those who care to see it.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:23 PM   #5
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Hot Toys has already unveiled the "big secret" to the Iron Spider suit for those who care to see it.
I don't think the waldoes were exactly a well-kept secret. The only "news" is that he's got four of 'em instead of three, which isn't exactly Earth-shattering.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:33 PM   #6
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

I preordered the Collector's Edition. Even if the game fails, I'll still have a Spider-Man statue. Additionally, Sideshow makes some amazing statues... just more than I'm comfortable spending.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:05 AM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
I preordered the Collector's Edition. Even if the game fails, I'll still have a Spider-Man statue. Additionally, Sideshow makes some amazing statues... just more than I'm comfortable spending.
Yea, I'm in love with all the Prime 1 Batman stuff and I would love to have their Spider-Man 2099, but they are all the price of a house payment.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:01 AM   #8
Paranoia
Evil Dead

I do like the Iron Spidey costume and looks way better than the default PS4 version.

It would be great if the costume give Peter the ability to actually use the claw.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spider-man