8 Replies, 241 Views
Creepshow SDCC Trailer
Last post by PacerDawn
Today 07:39 AM
4 Replies, 392 Views

Old 06-17-2019, 02:40 PM   #2
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

I saw "Us" since there were a lot of good reviews. It made no sense at all.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:08 PM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
I saw "Us" since there were a lot of good reviews. It made no sense at all.
I thought it was a good movie, but you can't take it too seriously because it doesn't make any sense. The second you start to take any kind of look at the "tethered" all the logic totally falls apart.

That is what is stupid about him discussing doing a sequel. As a one-off Twilight Zone style movie it doesn't have to make a ton of sense. If you start talking about sequels then you would need to put some kind of logic in there and it just wouldn't work.

They should have just gone with the "parallel universe" and called it a day.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:08 PM   #4
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I thought it was a good movie, but you can't take it too seriously because it doesn't make any sense. The second you start to take any kind of look at the "tethered" all the logic totally falls apart.

That is what is stupid about him discussing doing a sequel. As a one-off Twilight Zone style movie it doesn't have to make a ton of sense. If you start talking about sequels then you would need to put some kind of logic in there and it just wouldn't work.

They should have just gone with the "parallel universe" and called it a day.
Peele is a terrible writer and a racist. His TZ reboot is a piece of social justice garbage to boot. It wasn't a good movie if it makes no sense, that's a contradiction if I've ever heard one. The only reason anyone gives Jordan Peele the time of day is because it's super trendy to put blacks on a pedestal because MUH Slavery ended 150 years ago.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:04 AM   #5
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

I'm really interested in Bloodstained. Koji Igarashi (one of the main guys responsible for Symphony of the Night and most of the Castlevania games up through 2011) worked on it, so it should probably be pretty good.

Since Konami apparently doesn't want to release any Castlevania games (decent or otherwise), I'll take the spiritual successor created by one of the guys who made the latter part of the series so special.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:43 AM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Peele is a terrible writer and a racist. His TZ reboot is a piece of social justice garbage to boot. It wasn't a good movie if it makes no sense, that's a contradiction if I've ever heard one. The only reason anyone gives Jordan Peele the time of day is because it's super trendy to put blacks on a pedestal because MUH Slavery ended 150 years ago.
It's still a great movie no matter what. Well acted and bizarre with a lot of dark humor. I agree that you can't take much of a look at the storyline, it doesn't make any sense.

Get Out had the same problem, they showed them literally taking the brain from one person and putting it into the other person, then somehow the other person was still in there? WTF? And why hypnotize the victim if you are going to just yank out their brain and throw it away? Made no sense at all, but again it was super well acted and fun to watch.

I think he is one to watch. If he gets past his social justice leanings, I think he could go on to make great films. Remember there was a time when we thought M. Knight's career was just over and look at where he is now.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:00 AM   #7
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
If he gets past his social justice leanings, I think he could go on to make great films.
If he gets past his social justice leanings, he won't have a job in films at all.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly release list