Today 07:19 AM
1 Replies, 192 Views
» Promotion

Old 12-20-2016, 10:56 AM   #1701
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Obama Warns Trump Against Relying On Executive Power
Quote:
Obama told NPR that Trump is "entirely within his lawful power" to sign new executive orders of his own. "Keep in mind, though, that my strong preference has always been to legislate when I can get legislation done. In my first two years I wasn't relying on executive powers because I had big majorities in the Congress and we were able to get bills done, get bills passed. And even after we lost the majorities in Congress, I bent over backwards consistently to try to find compromise and a — a legislative solution to some of the big problems that we've got."
I'm not what President Obama thinks compromise means.

For years, the media and the Left declared what a wonderful thing it was that Obama was going to wield executive power to circumvent Congress. Now that they're not at the controls, suddenly it's a bad thing -- and even President Obama himself is weary of his own strategy being utilized by Trump. I think the reality is that it is dangerous -- but the problem is the Left cannot see that it was just as dangerous when one of their idols was wielding that power.

Imagine if Trump wants to push through immigration legislation to do X. Yet X is something that Democrats do not want and therefore work to jam - obstruction when Republicans do it - such legislation coming through Congress. Then Trump declares he tried to work with Democrats, but since they won't work with him (maybe he'll say they refuse to because he married an immigrant and they're just xenophobes as any push back to President Obama was due to racism according to the Left) he's just going to take executive action - via executive orders and other executive action - to enforce his views -- even against court orders. I'm sure that'll be just as fair and just as when President Obama did it as I'm promised the media is unbiased.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:51 AM   #1702
Chief Smash
Enjoyed the Prequels

Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #1703
Hagetaka
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
I'm sure that'll be just as fair and just as when President Obama did it as I'm promised the media is unbiased.
As I'm sure those that shouted it as unconstitutional will continue to do so. Right? This sort of political brinkmanship is precisely why parties as football teams is dangerous. Who cares who is wielding the sword; let's talk about why swinging it is a bad idea.
Hagetaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:44 PM   #1704
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagetaka View Post
As I'm sure those that shouted it as unconstitutional will continue to do so. Right? This sort of political brinkmanship is precisely why parties as football teams is dangerous. Who cares who is wielding the sword; let's talk about why swinging it is a bad idea.
Are you stating that my post was political brinkmanship?
Old 12-21-2016, 02:26 PM   #1705
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

M. Night Shyamalan does it again!
Arrest made in ‘Vote Trump’ burning of Mississippi black church

Unfortunately this twist seems to becoming increasingly common.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:28 PM   #1706
Terran
Evil Dead

White racism drove him to burn down that church, don't you see? He was being oppressed by...by...by...oh, something something something.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 03:17 PM   #1707
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

More white racism:
SHE MADE IT UP: NYPD Arrests Muslim Girl Who Claimed Attack by Trump Supporters
And even more:
University of Michigan student lied about man threatening to burn her hijab

These people should have the book thrown at them. When lies like this are spread, with the MSM often pretending it's fact immediately, there are consequences. One of those consequences is that it hurts those who are truly victims. The same people falsely invoking a "hate crime" are themselves committing one as they tend to blame fictional white men.

MTV's "White Guy Resolutions 2017" Might Just Earn Trump a Second Term
We've gone beyond virtue-signaling to toxic brew of all-you-people-need-to-shut-up-and-listen-to-why-you're-the-problem ranting.

Last edited by VenomUSMC; 12-21-2016 at 03:44 PM..
Old 12-22-2016, 07:51 PM   #1708
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Tweets About Ivanka Trump Being Harassed on Jet Blue: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Lasner, the man married to the guy who harassed Ivanka Trump on a plane with her kids, equate a Reagan Bush shirt to "hate speech." Lovely people.

Before the incident:

Newsrooms are sanitizing that Ivanka harassment story
Quote:
From the Associated Press: "Man says he and husband removed from JetBlue flight after 'expressing displeasure' that Ivanka Trump was aboard."

From Yahoo News: "Man kicked off JetBlue flight for questioning why Ivanka Trump was on it."

From the Atlanta Journal Constitution: "Passengers kicked off flight after run-in with Ivanka Trump."

From the Washington Post: "Passenger who confronted Ivanka Trump gets kicked off Jet Blue flight."

From CNN: "JetBlue forced a man off a flight after an apparent incident involving Ivanka Trump and her husband."
I'm sure the media would have had similar headlines if they happened to Chelsea Clinton had her mother one, right?
Old 12-22-2016, 08:16 PM   #1709
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
I'm sure the media would have had similar headlines if they happened to Chelsea Clinton had her mother one, right?
Of course not; liberal on conservative violence seems to be tolerated just fine. I'm betting the guy was using anything but a "calm tone". He's lucky her husband didn't deck him (or the Secret Service that was on the plane didn't take him down) but I expect Jetblue has some apologizing to do and I also expect this earns her some more good will. If nothing else she can say: how can my family expect America to tighten their belt if we're not going to lead by example and show we can be economically frugal too?

Or maybe she'll just never fly commercial again. It's not like they can't get a chartered flight or buy another plane. Or maybe it's all a false flag to get some more sympathy for the Trumps. I mean, why in gods name IS she travelling commercial all of a sudden?

Plus not only would the Clintons not fly commercial (they'd have one of their Saudi princes or billionaire donors loan them a plane for some extra consideration) but most regular folks wouldn't harass them even if they did. Liberals would fall over themselves to be blessed and conservatives would leave them in peace.

The other interesting thing is, if you look at the pictures the Trumps aren't even riding in first class. They're in Economy with the rest of the folks instead of Mint or whatever Jetblue calls their First Class.

Last edited by vallor; 12-22-2016 at 08:29 PM..
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:54 PM   #1710
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Of course not; liberal on conservative violence seems to be tolerated just fine. I'm betting the guy was using anything but a "calm tone". He's lucky her husband didn't deck him (or the Secret Service that was on the plane didn't take him down) but I expect Jetblue has some apologizing to do and I also expect this earns her some more good will. If nothing else she can say: how can my family expect America to tighten their belt if we're not going to lead by example and show we can be economically frugal too?

Or maybe she'll just never fly commercial again. It's not like they can't get a chartered flight or buy another plane. Or maybe it's all a false flag to get some more sympathy for the Trumps. I mean, why in gods name IS she travelling commercial all of a sudden?

Plus not only would the Clintons not fly commercial (they'd have one of their Saudi princes or billionaire donors loan them a plane for some extra consideration) but most regular folks wouldn't harass them even if they did. Liberals would fall over themselves to be blessed and conservatives would leave them in peace.

The other interesting thing is, if you look at the pictures the Trumps aren't even riding in first class. They're in Economy with the rest of the folks instead of Mint or whatever Jetblue calls their First Class.
I think that Trump's family is trying to earn brownie points by not taking private jets and the like, but I don't think this is a false flag as one of the guys can be tracked back to long before the election where he is quite openly far left.

Apparently they were riding coach. I'd imagine Ivanka has enough money alone to ride first-class if she wanted.

I personally think the problem is two-fold: more and more Liberals, and maybe it's just there are more high profile cases (but I don't feel like that's true), are behaving in a manner similar to this (ironically often the same people demanding safe spaces and wanting hate speech laws), and I wonder how many responses to such behavior will result in a pity party for the Left.

I don't think Hillary Clinton is a good person. I think Chelsea Clinton is on the corruption of her parents, but I'd never dream of running up on a plane to shout at her in front of her child - or without. I'm sure there are people on the right who would, but it certainly feels like they're far fewer than on the Left and would certainly receive much harsher judgement and criticism from the media.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:54 PM   #1711
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I can't believe Obama shanked Israel like he did. This is like "Operation how much damage can I do before January 20th."

He also got rid of the migrant program which would have been a good starting point for Trump's immigration plans.

I'm still not too keen on the idea that the current Trump administration seems like he's basically opened a Goldman Sachs satellite office in Washington D.C.. In fact I hate it, they have NEVER done anything good for regular folks and it seems like the worst of crony capitalism. "Hey, buddy I know you because you're rich and we hang out. Come work for me!"

There are no "normal" people anywhere who are the people he's supposed to be building policy for in his administration; it's all elitists. Even the few people who SHOULD have been good fits for certain posts have been over-looked like Kris Kobach for DHS who is far closer to regular folks than Tom Bossart who is total establishment (old worthless Bush prick). I would like to see the agenda for each of the departments for the first 100 days. I haven't even heard his overall agenda for the first 100 days.

I am worried.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:02 AM   #1712
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

As of Dec. 28th, with no proof the CIA and the White House are willing to share with Congress (but are willing to talk about with the media like the Washington Post and NPC, CNN, and others) Obama has issued another executive order applying sanctions upon Russia for their alleged interference and hacking in the 2016 presidential election.

Kicking out 35 diplomats, among other things and straining ties between the two countries even further than before. Paul RINO and the other dead weight in Congress like John "I am so milking this War Hero thing" Mccain and Lindsey "Go along to Get Along" Graham says it's about time we showed the Russians who's boss around here.

Trump tell Putin to give it three weeks and see what happens, but who knows what damage Obama will continue to do in that time.

Quote:
The US government announced in October that it was "confident" that the Russian government orchestrated the hacking of the Democratic National Committee and other political organizations of the Democratic Party to influence the 2016 election.

Those hacks resulted in the public release of thousands of stolen emails, many of which included damaging revelations about the Democratic Party and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the party's nominee.
GOOD! We should know who we're electing to the highest office in the land. We know what we're getting with Trump but all we were getting with Clinton was a Stoge. President isn't a 4 year first date. We knew it since her term as Sec. of State was an absolute disaster for anyone paying attention but the emails proved it and whether it was Russia handing them to Wikileaks or whatever they did a valuable service to the American public.

Three more weeks then hopefully we'll start seeing some of these Executive Orders peeled back. But the way Obama is signing any that come across his desk it's going to be a nightmare list and Trump is going to wear out a lot of pens redacting all these EX Orders.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:47 AM   #1713
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
You think im fucking scared of a right wing dictator? Id fucking die for one if he was good.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:49 AM   #1714
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
M. Night Shyamalan does it again!
Arrest made in ‘Vote Trump’ burning of Mississippi black church

Unfortunately this twist seems to becoming increasingly common.
Black and Jewish hate graffiti. Its them, every, single, time.

Its time to stop noticing patterns and going straight to (hey rabbi, whatcha doin?)
Old 01-12-2017, 12:47 AM   #1715
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Tillerson embarrassed himself during his confirmation hearing day 1. GOOD. This guy was a terrible pick. I have a hard time believing Trump thought throwing an Oil executive into the sea of Goldman Sachs and business cronies that seem to be making up Trump's cabinet was a good idea for such an important post.

In think this is just a sign of things to come.

I can't believe Tillerson was the first option. Or maybe he was the "extreme" option so when Trump's next pick goes up everyone can see the stark difference and breath a sigh of relief.

As long as it isn't Romney I guess.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #1716
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Tillerson embarrassed himself during his confirmation hearing day 1. GOOD. This guy was a terrible pick. I have a hard time believing Trump thought throwing an Oil executive into the sea of Goldman Sachs and business cronies that seem to be making up Trump's cabinet was a good idea for such an important post.

In think this is just a sign of things to come.

I can't believe Tillerson was the first option. Or maybe he was the "extreme" option so when Trump's next pick goes up everyone can see the stark difference and breath a sigh of relief.

As long as it isn't Romney I guess.
Confirmation hearings are bullshit. Trump's golden showers are dominating the news cycles while seriously poor and even damaging responses and stances are being overlooked.

Do these people even ethics, bro?
Old 01-17-2017, 01:47 PM   #1717
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Obama Commutes Bulk of Chelsea Manning’s Sentence

Of course President Zero did. Remember: If the Russians are accused of providing the transparency the DNC promised, that's scary! If a transgender releases military secrets which put the lives of people at risk, he deserves to have his sentence commuted.

I wonder if they're going to work to setup a deal in order to have the VA cover his medical expenses for life.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:53 AM   #1718
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I do believe Donald Trump put the world on notice. Time to pull your weight (especially Europe)! If you want to support an extra 1m people you'll have to find a way to do that AND now actually pay your share of the defense budget. Which we've covered for you for the last few decades. We're the fed up roommate who's done paying the phone bill ourselves and we're ready to let the line be cut because we have a cell phone and we don't care any more than you don't.

I'm of mixed minds. I like the nationalist message. A lot. I think it's about time we stopped milking the American people to fund and protect the rest of the world, especially those who use that largess to fund their out of control social experiments and look down their nose at us as backward cretins. I'm looking at YOU Scandinavia. The idea the politicians in the capital... nearly ALL capitals in the states across this country (and probably every other province/state/country/prefecture/whatever) are insulated and spread wealth that is not theirs to spread in capricious ways is why he has the office.

That said I think it's a little too late to be isolationist now and we know what it means if we go too far overboard. It took 25 years for American cars to get their shit together after the quality debacle of the late 70s through the 80s when they got complacent with little competition until the foreign vehicles ate their lunch.

Punishing imports TOO much risks making American manufacturing thrive again, but lazy.

At the same time it will be important to keep a leash on the Unions. If they rise in power again any gains made will be washed away in a river of filth and corruption.

I hope whatever industry kicks back up under Trump it's able to stay away from the modern labor union influence and the disgusting thing they have become over the last 70 years. I feel like they may shoulder as much or more blame for our shrinking middle class in the latter half of the century than any other factor.

I hope he follows through. I know not everything will come to pass but if he uses his speech as his agenda and gets half of it done I'll be happy. If not, well I'm old and close to death anyhow. I figure I've only got a few more Presidents in me. It'll be a shame to go out on a low note though.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:18 AM   #1719
Terran
Evil Dead

Obama is out, Clinton isn't in, Republicans hold the keys to all the offices that count (all of them, lol), and whatever happens next won't be what progs would have wanted.

Win, win, win. In the world that proggies have created, where Washington has the right to force bakers to make you a cake or ruin you...where puddles on your property can be regulated...where the water in your shower and toilet are mandated by feds...where the hand of government is all but up your ass...I'll take a Republican led government with hopes for government contraction ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Please keep burning shit down, progs. Please keep doing that. And please keep calling honorable men like McCain and Romney little fascists Hitlers so that people know good and well you can be ignored for crying wolf. We'll have Republican majorities up and down the food chain for the next fifty years.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #1720
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

500,000 women march on Washington. There are pictures which compare the size of the crowd in the national mall during the inauguration vs. the size today and how that clearly means Trump fails.

Of course what they fail to point out is:
  • It's Saturday for crying out loud; the city is fricking empty of 90% of the workforce on Saturday making free movement much easier
  • Fleets of busses were chartered to bring people into the city
  • Security wasn't heightened all but assuring not everyone could make it
  • No real conservatives would shut down incoming routes and perform violent counter protests to block your free exercise of peaceful and violent protest and free expression like the libtards did to Trump.

As much as they chanted the "the go low we go high!" phrase it has constantly been the other way.

Besides, didn't they get the memo that Trump isn't planning on writing an executive order to rescind Roe v. Wade or force women back into the kitchen? Do they even care that his record on Women's rights, and the proof is in the pudding in his organization, far surpasses virtually every other executive to sit in the oval office? A couple of sound bites is all it takes to rile up half a million women.

Tags
election