Yesterday 06:18 PM
0 Replies, 125 Views

Old 09-10-2015, 07:00 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Pokémon Go Announced for iOS & Android #Pokemon #PokemonGo

Quote:
Pokémon GO Allows Players to Catch ‘em All in the Real World

The Pokémon Company, Niantic and Nintendo today announced their collaboration on a new project for mobile devices called Pokémon GO. This ground breaking mobile game will encourage fans to search far and wide in the real world to discover Pokémon. Pokémon GO will be available for download at no charge on the App Store and Google Play in 2016.

In the past, the Pokémon video game series has used real world locations like the Hokkaido and Kanto regions of Japan, as well as New York and Paris, as inspiration for its fantasy settings. In Pokémon GO, players will be able to catch, trade, and battle in the real world by utilizing location information. Pokémon GO’s gameplay experience goes beyond what appears on screen as players explore their neighborhoods, communities and the world they live in to discover Pokémon alongside friends and other players. Junichi Masuda, game director of the Pokémon video game series at Game Freak. will be contributing to the project. His involvement will ensure that the fun of Pokémon makes its way into Pokémon GO, while developing new types of gameplay and thinking of ways to connect this project with the main series of Pokémon video games. In-app purchases will be available in Pokémon GO.

“Our challenge was to develop a great game for smart phone devices that expressed the core values of Pokémon,” said Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and CEO of The Pokémon Company. “Pokémon GO is the answer to that challenge.”

“Pokémon GO is a wonderful combination of Niantic’s real world gaming platform and one of the most beloved franchises in popular culture,” said John Hanke, founder and CEO of Niantic, Inc. “Our partnership with The Pokémon Company and Nintendo is an exciting step forward in real-world gaming and using technology to help players discover the world and people around them.”

Players will be able to enhance their Pokémon GO experience even when they are looking away from their smartphones by using a unique device called Pokémon GO Plus. By pressing a button on Pokémon GO Plus, simple in-game actions like catching a Pokémon can be performed. Developed and manufactured by Nintendo Co., Ltd., Pokémon GO Plus will connect to smartphones via Bluetooth and by flashing and vibrating, will notify players about events like the appearance of a Pokémon nearby.

Pokémon GO is being developed by Niantic, Inc. Originally founded by Google Earth co-creator John Hanke as a start-up within Google, Niantic is known for creating Ingress, the augmented reality mobile game which utilizes GPS technology to fuel a sci-fi story encompassing the entire world. Ingress currently has 12 million downloads worldwide.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:00 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:25 AM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Pokémon GO will be available for download at no charge...“Our challenge was to develop a great game for smart phone devices that expressed the core values of Pokémon,” said Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and CEO of The Pokémon Company.
I predict P2W. Gotta catch 'em all!*

* For $0.99 and up each!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:06 AM   #4
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I predict P2W. Gotta catch 'em all!*

* For $0.99 and up each!
Or finding a Pokemon "in a van, down by the river!"

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:05 PM   #5
screwyluie
Evil Dead

brought to us by Niantic creators of crack, I mean Ingress.

I've never liked pokemon, not even a little bit. I love Ingress though, so it looks like I'll be giving this a go.
screwyluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:23 AM   #6
Rommel
International Playboy

Saw this floating around today:

Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pokémon, pokemon go