Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 04:49 AM
27 Replies, 6,624 Views

Old 08-22-2018, 09:34 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Battlefield V Open Beta Begins September 6th

Quote:
EA Announces Battlefield V Open Beta Will Begin September 4 for Early Access, September 6 for All

This evening before gamescom DICE announced that the Battlefield V Open Beta will begin on September 4 for early access and September 6 for all players on Origin for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The Open Beta will showcase the soon-to-be-iconic Rotterdam map on Conquest mode as well as the Arctic Fjord map on both Conquest and Grand Operations. Revealed just last week, the Rotterdam map will immerse players in a battle fought throughout the streets of Holland where the game’s dynamic physicality and destruction will be on full display. New to the Battlefield franchise, Grand Operations is a multiplayer experience across multiple maps and modes that takes players through a powerful narrative journey inspired by historical events. All of this Open Beta content can be previewed by attendees of gamescom this week, where it will be playable in Hall 6 on the show floor on PC and Xbox One X.

Also, this evening, DICE showcased NVIDIA’s new RTX technology announced during NVIDIA’s press conference with a jaw-dropping live demo of Battlefield V on PC, one of the first games being developed on the NVIDIA RTX platform to feature real-time ray tracing as a rendering technique. Previously used to pre-render lifelike worlds in movies, ray tracing with the NVIDIA RTX platform brings real-time, cinematic-quality rendering to video games. In Battlefield V, NVIDIA RTX allows DICE to imitate the way light is reflected in the real world enhancing the fidelity of reflective surfaces in every level, map and locale in the game. This will ensure Battlefield V feels more lifelike and dynamic, leading to a more immersive experience that makes players feel like the battle is unfolding in a full 360-degrees around them. The use of real-time ray tracing in Battlefield V is made possible by NVIDIA’s new GeForce RTX 20 series GPUs.

“It’s always been important to us as a studio to stay one step ahead as we look to increase the graphical fidelity in games,” said Christian Holmquist, Technical Director at DICE. “With this new NVIDIA RTX platform, more detail than ever before can now be seen on the battlefield, from recognizing the flash of a muzzle being reflected off a car to spotting the detailed reflection of a devastated facade in a splash of water on the ground. Things in the environment will feel more lifelike and real and all-out war will never look the same.”

“We’ve been close partners with DICE for many years and we’ve spent much of the last year deeply embedded with their team in Stockholm to bring this vision to life,” said Tony Tamasi, Senior Vice President of Content and Technology at NVIDIA. “With the help of NVIDIA RTX, DICE is creating a revolutionary moment for computer graphics in Battlefield V, as ray tracing has been used in film for years and has long been considered the Holy Grail for real-time rendering in games.”

Building upon this partnership with NVIDIA, both NVIDIA Ansel and Highlights will be also be integrated into Battlefield V for GeForce PC gamers. NVIDIA Highlights automatically captures a gamer’s greatest gaming achievements in video. Integrated directly with the game, it knows precisely when that magic moment will happen and automatically records it using NVIDIA ShadowPlay technology, making it easier to capture those Only in Battlefield moments.

NVIDIA Ansel, available in the single-player War Stories in Battlefield V, is a revolutionary way to capture in-game photography. Users can compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high-fidelity formats, and share their screenshots with the world.

Battlefield V will be available worldwide October 19th on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Origin for PC. Those that pre-order the Battlefield V Deluxe Edition on any platform will get access three days early on October 16, while Origin Access Premier members on PC will be able to play the full game on October 11th. Origin Access Basic members on PC and EA Access members† on Xbox One will also be able to jump into the Play First Trial on October 11th. Players that pre-order any edition of the game with the Battlefield V Enlister Offer will get early access to the Open Beta and other in-game benefits including soldier customization options, access to Special Assignments starting at launch week and immediate access to five weapons to use in Battlefield 1.

Full details on the Open Beta can be found on the Battlefield Blog here.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:55 AM   #2
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

So, if I buy Battlefield V and an RTX 2080 Ti, will I be able to play it 60fps 4K on the highest settings?
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:25 AM   #3
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post
So, if I buy Battlefield V and an RTX 2080 Ti, will I be able to play it 60fps 4K on the highest settings?
Do you PC guys see the difference between 1080p and 4K on small pc monitors? I can hardly tell on my 65 Sony at 6 ft away.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:59 AM   #4
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post

I think you could hit 144hz with a 2080TI.
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:36 PM   #5
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Man, I can't wait to see what a GOOD game looks like rendering with the new nvidia cards, rather than what is likely to be an agenda filled crapfest in the typical Battlefield vein. I've given up hope a Battlefield game can ever be good again.

I have my hopes set on the Division 2 using the 2xxx Turing architecture to their full extent.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:19 PM   #6
_-Psycho-_
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Do you PC guys see the difference between 1080p and 4K on small pc monitors? I can hardly tell on my 65 Sony at 6 ft away.
I have a 29" 4K monitor and I definitely see a difference. But we're much closer to the screen compared to most living room TV set ups.
_-Psycho-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:39 PM   #7
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by _-Psycho-_ View Post
I have a 29" 4K monitor and I definitely see a difference. But we're much closer to the screen compared to most living room TV set ups.
Exactly. 4k is amazing up close.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:56 PM   #8
Skunk
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Not sure what you mean? I play on a 55" Curved Samsung mounted on my wall 2 feet in front of my desk.

It's not bad, but how can you see everything at 6 feet away? Isn't that kind of far? Does your console require you do play that far away?
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:44 AM   #9
Meusli
Subscriber

There are rumblings that the new 2080 cards are no more powerful than the previous generation, they just have ray tracing bolted on. Need to see what benchmarks they reveal later down the line, for me I think I will skip this round and go for the 7nm ones that are due next year.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:24 AM   #10
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

I honestly wish that no-one... absolutely NO-ONE bought the new cards.

It's the only damn way nVidia will ever lower the prices to something sensible. They're literally laughing all the way to the bank with mega-profits.

We have but ourselves to blame.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:49 PM   #11
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
There are rumblings that the new 2080 cards are no more powerful than the previous generation, they just have ray tracing bolted on. Need to see what benchmarks they reveal later down the line, for me I think I will skip this round and go for the 7nm ones that are due next year.
I don't believe a word nVidia says anymore. I'll be utilizing my 1080 Ti for a few more years... possibly even purchase AMD if their next GPU is a decent enough upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
I honestly wish that no-one... absolutely NO-ONE bought the new cards.

It's the only damn way nVidia will ever lower the prices to something sensible. They're literally laughing all the way to the bank with mega-profits.

We have but ourselves to blame.
Yea, nVidia is a terrible business and I want to jump ship to AMD just to say "fuck you!" to nVidia. This is coming from someone who has been using their cards since the TNT2 (ca. 2000-01); the one time I went AMD, I had nothing but problems. Hell, I recall building rigs with the nForce/nForce 2 chipsets... those were the days!
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:36 PM   #12
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
Tell crypto currencies to go to hell and then AMD to actually be competitive in the high-end video-card market. Only then will prices go down again.

Personally, I am looking at upgrading my GTX1070 to a RTX1070 as long as the normal 30% increase in card performance per generation pans out. I am starting to have to turn down graphic settings to sustain a 1080p/60Hz frame rate in some games, so I would love to see a new card in my system.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:47 PM   #13
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
It's not bad, but how can you see everything at 6 feet away? Isn't that kind of far? Does your console require you do play that far away?
I don't game on PC anymore. I mean i do but its hooked to my TV.

55in at 2 ft. its completely made up, no point to it. I tried that years ago, too big....

Why would my console with a fucking wireless controller require me to play at 6 ft away? Its where my couch is. What the hell?
Old 08-24-2018, 09:29 PM   #14
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
I don't believe a word nVidia says anymore. I'll be utilizing my 1080 Ti for a few more years... possibly even purchase AMD if their next GPU is a decent enough upgrade.

Yea, nVidia is a terrible business and I want to jump ship to AMD just to say "fuck you!" to nVidia. This is coming from someone who has been using their cards since the TNT2 (ca. 2000-01); the one time I went AMD, I had nothing but problems. Hell, I recall building rigs with the nForce/nForce 2 chipsets... those were the days!
Why when ATI has always been worse? Hotter running cards, terrible drivers, there's a reason Nvidia is where they are, ATI is their only competition and their cards and drivers have always been terrible since the Rage pro
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield v