Last post by actusoul
Today 09:01 AM
7 Replies, 715 Views

Old 08-16-2018, 07:47 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Divinity: Original Sin II Definitive Edition Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Take a Final Glimpse of Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition Prior to its August 31st Launch

One of the most expansive and immersive RPG experiences is just around the corner from launching and today, we’re excited to share a final glimpse of Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition ahead of the game’s release on August 31, 2018 for the PlayStation® 4 and Xbox One in the Americas.

Today’s trailer features a look at the detailed character creation mechanics, where players can choose from six unique origin plots, as well as additional footage of crafting, conversation choices, and a taste of the game’s newly expanded dialogue – also featured in the game’s completely re-written third chapter.

Players also get a look at battle gameplay, including all new moves, spells, and environments to exploit against enemies’ weaknesses. In addition, the trailer also delivers a look at Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition’s split screen co-op and revamped Arena Mode which features solo gameplay, online multiplayer PVP, and pass-the-controller Hot Seat mode. Arena Mode also introduces 16 characters to the game, including some first-time playable characters such as Malady, Zandalor, and Radeka, each with their own unique set of skills and abilities.

Developed by Larian Studios, Divinity: Original Sin 2 for PC won PC Gamer’s 2017 Game of the Year award and a 2018 British Academy of Film and Television Arts award (BAFTA). Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition is a completely upgraded game, with thousands of tweaks and lifestyle improvements to create the ultimate console experience; including split-screen co-op and a completely rewritten third chapter, as well as beautiful 4K and HDR ready graphics.

Lastly, those who pre-order Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition will also receive the Sir Lora DLC at launch. The DLC features brand new squirrel companion, Sir Lora, who requests your help from the Knights of Drey, an order of furry knights who believe in the coming of the Great Acorn. By recruiting this runaway squirrel, players will unlock skill-crafting recipes and most importantly, they will get the opportunity to dive deeper into the mysteries surrounding the Great Acorn!
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:11 PM   #2
Azrael
Evil Dead

I cant speak highly enough of this game. Easily one of the best games i've played in recent memory.

If you were a fan of Baldurs Gate/Icewind Dale/Planescape torment you really need to check this out. A few bugs persist but this game is brilliant on how it deals with combat, dialogue, relationships etc. You will loose sleep and their is so much content!
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:57 AM   #3
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

I was excited for the original until I realized it was turn based combat.

My turn based combat days ended with KOTOR

In this day and age I see no reason for turn based, I rather play DDO table top.

looks great though.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
Julio
Soul Reaper

Such a great game, easily one of my top 5 favorite RPGs of all time. Managed to beat honour mode.

Can't wait to do another run for the definitive edition.
Julio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:51 AM   #5
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministryofwrath View Post
I was excited for the original until I realized it was turn based combat.

My turn based combat days ended with KOTOR

In this day and age I see no reason for turn based, I rather play DDO table top.

looks great though.
Such a great game, easily one of my top 5 favorite RPGs of all time as well.

I think the turn based combat isn't an archaic mechanism. It has a fair amount of upside to bringing strategy to combat.

Turn based combat isn't about speed of execution. It's about total strategy. Anticipating enemy moves, and executing a combination of attacks/spells as a team, and thinking several moves ahead.

What turn based allows for are moments where you can attempt to anticipate enemy action, you can pre-plan your next move, and it works incredibly well as a cooperative experience with friends.

"Hey, I'm about to light that oil on fire, if you teleport the mob over next to it"

It amplifies the strategy behind combat and I really enjoy that part of turn based combat. It feels much more strategic than free form, real time combat. Though I love real time combat as well when it's well done. Just depends on the game.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #6
Julio
Soul Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Such a great game, easily one of my top 5 favorite RPGs of all time as well.

I think the turn based combat isn't an archaic mechanism. It has a fair amount of upside to bringing strategy to combat.

Turn based combat isn't about speed of execution. It's about total strategy. Anticipating enemy moves, and executing a combination of attacks/spells as a team, and thinking several moves ahead.

What turn based allows for are moments where you can attempt to anticipate enemy action, you can pre-plan your next move, and it works incredibly well as a cooperative experience with friends.

"Hey, I'm about to light that oil on fire, if you teleport the mob over next to it"

It amplifies the strategy behind combat and I really enjoy that part of turn based combat. It feels much more strategic than free form, real time combat. Though I love real time combat as well when it's well done. Just depends on the game.
Add to that the different interactions between spells and you can build some amazing parties.

For example, bringing a mage that gets a lot of vapor going, and then having someone with electric abilities electrify all the clouds, making it a CC/damaging build with different party members. Coordinating such a party with friends is a ton of fun.
Julio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:15 PM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
If you were a fan of Baldurs Gate/Icewind Dale/Planescape torment you really need to check this out.
I really need to check this out! :tipofthehat:

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #8
Azrael
Evil Dead

The source spell Blood Storm was so OP it was beautiful! Nothing like lines of blood raining from they sky damaging enemies
Old 08-17-2018, 07:47 PM   #9
Azrael
Evil Dead

Cant stop thinking about this game now. Played it Solo and via Co-Op.

In Co-Op played a assassin character and i keep falling over when trying to backstab enemies because my mates were using rain/cold spells and freezing the ground. One of my friends said just combine your boots with nails and you become immune to tripping on ice. Thought no way would it work... sure enough bam! problem solved.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:17 PM   #10
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

i really should start this game, but none of my m8s have enough time to play coop.
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:54 AM   #11
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

bah, miss this game. installing now.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Old 08-18-2018, 04:59 PM   #12
RAV
Lord

Always wanted to try this, just haven't gotten around it yet.

I heard a lot of good things about this developer, with great post-release support of their games and fan appreciation.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:21 AM   #13
Azrael
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
Always wanted to try this, just haven't gotten around it yet.

I heard a lot of good things about this developer, with great post-release support of their games and fan appreciation.
Seriously do it. Its hard to explain how good this game actually is.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:42 AM   #14
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I really need to check this out! :tipofthehat:
It's well worth your time! I went in with zero expectations, and was blown away.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:13 PM   #15
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
It's well worth your time! I went in with zero expectations, and was blown away.
Yah, it was a close runner up to my "game of the year" last year. The game is outstanding. It's really deep, and there are always several paths to progression. Character development is deep as hell, combat has nearly infinite combinations of spells and environment effects to experiment with. Even the soundtrack is amazing.

It's probably the best cRPG I've ever played, which is saying a lot considering how I feel about Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, and the original Torment.

Old 08-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #16
Terran
Evil Dead

Very high praise all around.

Still, for me it'll have to wait for a price drop. I just don't buy many games any more, and I never really have liked buying games more than ten or twenty bucks.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:08 AM   #17
Azrael
Evil Dead

Yeah price hasnt dropped to much but game is still relatively new. Add it to your wishlist and get it when it gets to the right price for you, you will not regret it

Tags
divinity: original sin 2