Today 12:41 AM
17 Replies, 1,471 Views

Old 09-05-2018, 04:25 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Red Dead Redemption 2 Release Date / Pre-Order Guide (Xbox One/PS4) For US

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:
Judging by the amount of fan fervor it's produced, Red Dead Redemption 2 promises to be one of the biggest games of the year. It stars Arthur Morgan and the Dutch van der Linde gang--whose members include John Marston, the star of the original game. Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 26, 2018.

But you don't have to wait until October to secure your copy--you can pre-order Red Dead Redemption 2 right now from a number of retailers, both in-store and online. Here's all the information you need to know to lock in your pre-order.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-Order Bonus

Pre-order Red Dead Redemption 2, and you'll get a couple of digital goodies for your trouble.
  • War Horse: An Ardennes War Horse with greater courage and stamina than the average steed.
  • The Outlaw Survival Kit: Contains a collection of key supplies, including items to replenish Health, Dead Eye, and more.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Digital Pre-Order Bonus

Anyone who pre-orders a digital version of Red Dead Redemption 2 from the PlayStation Store or Xbox Store will get the bonuses listed above, plus a handful of other digital freebies thrown in for good measure.
  • Cash Bonus for Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode
  • Treasure Map: Gives you a head start on the hunt for hidden riches. Must pre-order by July 31, 2018 to receive.
  • Bonus GTA$: Immediate download that contains in-game currency for Grand Theft Auto Online. Here's the breakdown of how much GTA$ you get for each edition: Standard Edition - $500,000 | Special Edition - $1 million | Ultimate Edition - $2 million.
Read on.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:26 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

I added a couple Amazon links. Sorry for the Ho'in; I don't want to lose my account.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:28 PM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Amazon only has the regular edition available for pre-order. You want a physical copy of the special editions, you have to go to the Rockstar Store.

I was going to go with the digital edition so I could play Day 1, but I think physical editions will be hard to come by in the future like Fortnite.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:38 PM   #4
blackzc
Evil Dead

BFV and This.

Gonna be a pretty cozy winter.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:41 PM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I put in a pre-order for the physical edition. I might change my mind between now and then and go digital so I'm not stuck waiting till 8 PM for delivery.

This Friday my Spider-Man PS4 console comes in, but it was shipped UPS (AGAIN!) by Amazon, which means no delivery until almost 9 PM at night.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #6
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
This Friday my Spider-Man PS4 console comes in, but it was shipped UPS (AGAIN!) by Amazon, which means no delivery until almost 9 PM at night.

"Last mile" may still be USPS. I have received several packages that were originally shipped by UPS but actually delivered by USPS. But you will usually see a new tracking number or update with USPS information when they do the hand off.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:31 PM   #7
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
I put in a pre-order for the physical edition. I might change my mind between now and then and go digital so I'm not stuck waiting till 8 PM for delivery.

I'm really looking forward to Spiderman.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:37 AM   #8
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:

Yea, my Spider-Man is on it's way, via UPS. I'm really hoping it comes in early enough... I'll be home recovering from my vasectomy later today.

As for RDR 2, I ordered the Ultimate Ed. via Gamestop, delivered to the store so I can swing by after work and pick it up. It seems they're the only retailer that has the Ult. Ed. in a physical copy, and I want it as soon as I can get my hands on it.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:02 PM   #9
TheHulk
Evil Dead

My wife got 2 packages from UPS about 7 tonight. Was pretty surprised they were delivering that late.

Didn't get my vanilla PS4 sold so guess I'm just going to buy the Spiderman game instead of upgrading to the Spiderman Pro. No big whoop. Doubt I'll pre order Red Dead 2 and will pick it up on Black Friday.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:25 PM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
Yea, my Spider-Man is on it's way, via UPS. I'm really hoping it comes in early enough... I'll be home recovering from my vasectomy later today.
Oh man, you are so screwed. That is some major pain.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:03 AM   #11
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch

Quote:
I'm really hoping it comes in early enough... I'll be home recovering from my vasectomy later today.
Quote:
Oh man, you are so screwed. That is some major pain.
Don't let Evil scare ya - just stick to the prescribed pain management directions and you'll be fine. Frozen peas...nuff said.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:36 PM   #12
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'll be home recovering from my vasectomy later today.
As a father of six kids, I'm trying to figure out which of these best represents how I feel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon associates, red dead redemption 2, rockstar games