Today 05:57 PM
17 Replies, 850 Views

Old 08-29-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Fallout 4 Vacationing in Nuka-World Trailer #Fallout4

Click on the Headline for the Video.

Quote:
Nuka-World isn’t the family-friendly wonderland it used to be, but for the Raiders making their home under the shadow of its towering rides, it could be as close to paradise as they’ll ever get. Provided you can come in and help them clean it up.

Fallout 4’s latest, and final, add-on will be available tomorrow on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Step into the worn leather boots of a Raider Overboss and spread your influence throughout Nuka-World and into the Commonwealth.
Fallout 4 – Vacationing in Nuka-World
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:01 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:05 PM   #3
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

For those of us on the US East Coast, this will be available at 8pm tonight. All of you West Coast bastards will get it at 5pm this afternoon/evening.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:01 AM   #4
MultiTasker
Dread Lord

Automatron was OK'ish. Far Harbour DLC was fantastic! This DLC has a less serious tone to it than Far Harbour. Not as excited about it but I will be checking it out nonetheless. At least it is not another build object DLC crap.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:10 AM   #5
Skunk
Evil Dead

Lotta good reviews for this DLC on Steam
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:51 AM   #6
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiTasker View Post
Automatron was OK'ish. Far Harbour DLC was fantastic! This DLC has a less serious tone to it than Far Harbour. Not as excited about it but I will be checking it out nonetheless. At least it is not another build object DLC crap.
I wouldn't say it's necessarily less serious. The situation is certainly less dire and the location itself is much more "whimsical", but this DLC is all about taking over one of the three Raider factions located within the amusement park and destroying the other two.

It's less dire and depressing than Far Harbor (which I absolutely loved). It still takes itself as seriously as the rest of the game, though.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:30 AM   #7
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I wouldn't say it's necessarily less serious. The situation is certainly less dire and the location itself is much more "whimsical", but this DLC is all about taking over one of the three Raider factions located within the amusement park and destroying the other two.

It's less dire and depressing than Far Harbor (which I absolutely loved). It still takes itself as seriously as the rest of the game, though.
I agree. Fallout as a whole has always been about comedic irony in contrasting the idealistic view of 1950s america with a destroyed wasteland. I think that this DLC only appears more silly because that irony is ratcheted up by placing the worst people in the Wasteland in an environment that's supposed to be "the happiest place on earth".
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #8
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I agree. Fallout as a whole has always been about comedic irony in contrasting the idealistic view of 1950s america with a destroyed wasteland. I think that this DLC only appears more silly because that irony is ratcheted up by placing the worst people in the Wasteland in an environment that's supposed to be "the happiest place on earth".
Exactly; everything is being framed within the "marketing" of the old amusement park, complete with anthropomorphic food. I'm sure things will take a decidedly darker turn once you get entrenched within the war between the three Raider gangs.

Plus, this DLC is being touted as the one where you can really become a brutal asshole (comparatively speaking, of course). Fallout 4 never really let you be an evil bastard like 3 or NV did, so it's kind of nice to see that sort of option return in this add-on. Unfortunately for me, it'll feel like I'm sort of breaking character if I go too "evil". It's not like they started the game out with the option to blow up a town like Megaton, after all.

Tags
fallout 4